La Liga 2017/18

Who will win La Liga?

• Total voters

michelco

He's been excellent. Though it was Soler with the assist for the 2nd goal tonight. (i'm not sure if you guys meant 3 assists tonight). Soler too has been excellent out wide, with 1 goal and 4 assists in 6 matches

Messi983

Fran Escriba has been sacked. Not a good start to the season for Villarreal but I have to say I'm surprised with this. Former Malaga coach Javi Gracia is a favourite to replace him.

[tw]912228346410487808[/tw]

Meatball

Don't get carried away! Mid season ll be the time Madrid's squad depth shows its edge! We gotta be careful, can't afford to lose a single point at this stage cuz we ll probably drop points a lot at later stage!

Messi983

Get Paco Jemez back from Mexico.

Would love to see him back in La Liga but don't see it happening for now.

Villarreall has been building strong defensive side for some years now, Javi Gracia fits them perfectly

Yes, I think he would be perfect for them too but won't happen. Villarreal has already confirmed Javi Calleja as their new manager. He was a coach of their B team and Juvenil A so far, so not experienced on top level but knows the club.

Maybe Gracia will return to Malaga if Michel will be sacked.

El Flaco

Distance La Liga teams have to travel over the season compared with other European leagues

15059243281026.jpg

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Watched the first half and Levante had more chances. Just goes to show how football is unpredictable and how things can change quickly.

Yep, seen the stats too now. 3 shots - 3 goals.

Messi983

Manolo Marquez has stepped down as Las Palmas coach in a week before they play against us. Only 6 rounds into the season and there were already 3 coaching changes.

[tw]912588617406656512[/tw]

kilian

It seems that Marca is on an offensive to give Madrid another referee boost. Another article was published today, this time Florentino telling how they don`t receive equal treatment by the refs.
Yes, you are right, you mafioso motherfucker. It`s not equal, they protect you whenever possible, unlike other teams in the league.

Messi983

It was a great game to watch. At the end Girona probably deserved to get a point for their 1st half performance even though Celta was better in 2nd half.

Celta is not playing bad but they just can't stay focused for 90 minutes so Unzue still has a lot of work to do. Don't know if it's concentration or fatigue but they should definitely improve. I think with no European competition they have enough quality (though depth is a bit of concern) to challenge for top 7 but not if they will continue to throw away points late in the games. And that's against teams they should beat since they didn't really play against any team expected to finish in top 6-7 except from maybe Sociedad (Betis has started strong but don't believe they can keep this up for whole season).

- against Sociedad they lead 2-1 and then conceded in 80th and 88th minute to lose
- against Betis they conceded in 77th in 2-1 loss
- Getafe and Girona scored in 86th minute to draw

So if games would only last 75 minutes they would have 16 points now.

That said, defense has been Celta's weak spot for years and they didn't do anything to improve in summer. They did bring other interesting players though. Maxi Gomez seems like a killer in the penalty box but he still needs to improve other aspects of his game. Jozabed already played for them on loan last season so not exactly a new signing but he's doing ok. Emre Mor is still adapting but I think he could be a very good signing though it will be interesting to see if/when and how Unzue will get all 4 of Sisto, Aspas, Mor and Gomez/Guidetti in the lineup. They've played some minutes against Getafe but they haven't started the game together so far.

Another player that I really like is Stanislav Lobotka. They've signed him from the Danish league (they seems to have great scouting there as they've already signed Pione Sisto and Hjulsager before him) for around 5M€ after he had a great U21 Euro and he adapted very quickly. Not the youngest anymore - he'll turn 23 in November - but still think he should be one to keep an eye on to see how he'll develop. Don't know if he has enough quality/potential but I think his playing style would fit us. I've also read some comparisions with Verratti.

[youtube]crMHuQtS7Gc[/youtube]

Home of Barca Fans