Kylian Mbappé

Andresito

Staff member
Worst kept secret.

Now that I think of it, there's no way Klopp would've left if he knew Mbappe was coming. So the Mbappe to Madrid deal was probably sealed back when Klopp made his announcement.

soul24rage

Curious of how Mbappe, Vini, Rodrgyo and Bellingham will all function together or if either Vini or Rodrygo will be sold.

This is kind of the PSG conundrum of how to balance Mbappe, Messi and Neymar at the same time.

Morten

Curious of how Mbappe, Vini, Rodrgyo and Bellingham will all function together or if either Vini or Rodrygo will be sold.

This is kind of the PSG conundrum of how to balance Mbappe, Messi and Neymar at the same time.

Meh, at least our players has workrate, i still remember some picture against RM(or Bayern), front three of PSG being stationed up top, while the Opposition was attacking.

Sums up "dream trio" at PSG rather well, I think.

El Gato

Villarato!
The mods pretty much confirming they've given up pretending any chances of league trophies are there with him arriving and moved him across 2 months ahead of him signing anything

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
I mean everyone knows he is going to RM lol.

Only reason it's not announced yet is because you're in the CL final. If you win I bet it gets announced within a week and if you by some miracle lose it'll probably be announced the next day.

NKMaribor

You forgot Endrick.

I think people are overthinking this. Madrids needs a premium forward. Mbappe fits the bill perfectly. Quantity wise you have three premium players upfront for three positions + premium mid Bellingham and quality backup in Brahim. I dont expect Endrick to offer anything substantial in first season for the first team. Guler should be loaned, while Joselu is domestic backup.

Tactically wise i dont see any issues. I expect Mbappe to play closer to the goal, basically CR7 esque role.

Also this is Madrid, not PSG. It has handled massive egos such as CR7 and Ramos. Plus Neymar was semi retired, while Messi past his prime already thinking about retirement in Miami. Considering team is being refurbished nicely, the new blood is hungry as frack.

soul24rage

You forgot Endrick.

I think people are overthinking this. Madrids needs a premium forward. Mbappe fits the bill perfectly. Quantity wise you have three premium players upfront for three positions + premium mid Bellingham and quality backup in Brahim. I dont expect Endrick to offer anything substantial in first season for the first team. Guler should be loaned, while Joselu is domestic backup.

Tactically wise i dont see any issues. I expect Mbappe to play closer to the goal, basically CR7 esque role.

Also this is Madrid, not PSG. It has handled massive egos such as CR7 and Ramos. Plus Neymar was semi retired, while Messi past his prime already thinking about retirement in Miami. Considering team is being refurbished nicely, the new blood is hungry as frack.
Yes, I forgot about Endrick. Great talent indeed.

How would you line up for next season?

Fati_Future_BallonDor

You forgot Endrick.

He will play a CR7esque role if he is over 30, not now

You guys have 2 LWs and both want to play

Morten

He will play a CR7esque role if he is over 30, not now

You guys have 2 LWs and both want to play

Mbappe isn't going to play CR-role in the 30s, because he cant, not in the same way.

CR was a very versatile goalscorer, good weak foot, and a big presence in the box with his heading ability.

Once Mbappe's athleticism goes, i really don't see him put out 40-50 goals when mid 30s.

KingLeo10

The mods pretty much confirming they've given up pretending any chances of league trophies are there with him arriving and moved him across 2 months ahead of him signing anything
If you're setting your eyes on "dominating" the league title while adding Mbappe, doesn't sound like you rate the team with him that much higher than currently constructed :mou:

Home of Barca Fans