Kylian Mbappé

eaman

I pity this new Instagram generation. I have never been on and don't want to know anything about players personal lives. I like players for what do on the pitch and if anything serious comes up about them I'll here about it in the news. Please don't tell me there's people who get into players because of instagram? Do they??????

Jair Ventura

Why the hell are we discussing social media follower stats? That is irrelevant really.
Staying at PSG doesn't do any good for his legacy except if they manage to win CL. Not because of the League strength, but because of the club history and status. PSG are not one of the top tier clubs (status wise) and will not be until they manage to win a european trophy.

Because a lot of you need constant reminders of reality.

Of course he isn?t sitting around thinking to himself, ?I must compete against shitty Spanish midgets for valididation! Club legacy, history!? No, that?s bullshit you tell yourself to feel better about supporting a Europa club.

JohnN

Because a lot of you need constant reminders of reality.

Of course he isn?t sitting around thinking to himself, ?I must compete against shitty Spanish midgets for valididation! Club legacy, history!? No, that?s bullshit you tell yourself to feel better about supporting a Europa club.

You reply to something I didn't say. Again, league level is not an issue. But club status is. If you think PSG are on the level of Real, Barca, Manu, Bayern, Milan legacy wise, we can't agree.

iniestaGOAT

I pity this new Instagram generation. I have never been on and don't want to know anything about players personal lives. I like players for what do on the pitch and if anything serious comes up about them I'll here about it in the news. Please don't tell me there's people who get into players because of instagram? Do they??????

It shows their popularity among the youths the next generation who will decide the GOAT of their time

Chill

BarcaOG

Banned
recall that CR7 signed for real after their rivals barca had won a historic sextuple and while RM itself had been KOd by a very mediocre liverpool 4-0

theres something special about playing in spain for either of the two giants. basically all the greats have it on their resume

eaman

It shows their popularity among the youths the next generation who will decide the GOAT of their time

Chill

Yes but I'm saying there are probably guys who pick their favourite based off instagram. I choose my favourite on footballing ability alone and nothing else. I could see messi was going to be great the first time I saw him play. I could see what type of players ronaldo mbappe were the first time and knew they would or will never be on messi's level because of their natural ability. Anyway I'm slightly off topic but instagram means nothing towards goat status

feggydinho

The elephant in the room is that he?s already achieved global icon status without ever having left France.

This is true imo plus he's got crazy world cup exploits, but there's a high possibility he leaves PSG in the next two years (he still has time as he's still young tho)

Last edited:

snowy

Global Icon / Fifa Posterdude _ YES

Ridiculously Overhyped _ en Masse estic !

PSG creates like 11.87 great chances per game

so even with his poor offside awareness and 23% conversion rate, he's bound to score a goal per game

not hating, he's good but media calling him a genius is overrating him to the max

League G + A of 1.2 vs 1.1 for our very own lost in space supawiz :dembele:

eaman

Global Icon / Fifa Posterdude _ YES

Ridiculously Overhyped _ en Masse estic !

PSG creates like 11.87 great chances per game

so even with his poor offside awareness and 23% conversion rate, he's bound to score a goal per game

not hating, he's good but media calling him a genius is overrating him to the max

League G + A of 1.2 vs 1.1 for our very own lost in space supawiz :dembele:

Are you sure about that great chance creation of psg. Isn't ligue supposed to be tough defensively and serie a the most open chance creating league. I know psg are a top team but I don't think they create a crazy amount of chances. City surely create more for haaland and mbappe creates his own more than haaland

Last edited:

Jair Ventura

You reply to something I didn't say. Again, league level is not an issue. But club status is. If you think PSG are on the level of Real, Barca, Manu, Bayern, Milan legacy wise, we can't agree.

The current generation of players aren?t concerned with a clubs ?legacy?. Again, that?s something supporters tell themselves for validation. In reality, in the context of contemporary status, recognition(social media footprint), and pull(players, managers)? PSG is bigger than Bayern, Chelsea, United, Milan, Inter, Atletico, Arsenal, etc.

Bayern is obviously a greater club even now, but in terms of global recognition, PSG is the more identifiable club at the moment. I imagine one being based out of Munich and the other out of Paris plays some role in that. Real is obviously bigger, Barca would be as well they weren?t broken financially.

Last edited:

Windhook

PSG is bigger than Bayern, Chelsea, United, Milan, Inter, Atletico, Arsenal, etc.

You didn't read "legacy wise", clearly. PSG are better than many of the clubs you mentioned currently, but it's due to a factor I don't even have to mention.

Having a single superteam in a league where all the rest, even 2nd best placed is feeder (except for haters Marseille maybe) club is worse than the German Bundesliga.

Jair Ventura

You didn't read "legacy wise", clearly. PSG are better than many of the clubs you mentioned currently, but it's due to a factor I don't even have to mention.

Having a single superteam in a league where all the rest, even 2nd best placed is feeder (except for haters Marseille maybe) club is worse than the German Bundesliga.

I read and addressed it. Neither contemporary players nor casuals care about ?legacy?. That arbitrary measure of relevance is something that resonates with Boomers and Gen X, not millennials and Gen Z. PSG does well in the metrics that are most relevant to the latter two generations. Compare its branding or social media presence to Bayern or Milans for example, its night and day.

Ligue 1 is objectively more competitive than the Bundesliga but that?s beside the point. Serie A is more competitive than it?s been in a decade or more but no one outside of Italy cares about its clubs anymore.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans