Kylian Mbappé

slicknick

mbappe kinda annoys me lol tbh

haaland is a chiller dude

Neither of them are particularly chill to be honest...Both are too motivated and success-driven to be that chill .

Haaland threw his shirt at a Koln player on Saturday (rather than swap it by hand, as per tradition), then went on to storm off the pitch after they drew.
(not exactly chill now, is that?)

behindbrowneyes

Would be the world's most expensive free transfer. Sign-on will probably be like 50m. Lewandowski got 10m IIRC.

Guess that's what they are trying to do. Mbappe gets also represented by a family member, so all the money will go to his family.
All in all Mbappe still would be the cheaper package in 2022 if you compare it to Haaland's buyout + Raiola-money + money to Haaland's father + signing-on fee for Erling.

If I'm being honest, I'd prefer Haaland over Mbappe if there was a choice, but a late fuck you to PSG after what they did to Barca with Neymar would also be nice.

Not gonna discuss about it if anything of that would be feasible in 2022 as there are still many uncertainty factors due to the pandemic and plenty of time for things and finances to change one way or the other.

khaled_a_d

If Mbappe sits out his contract to go somewhere for free, it will be Real Madrid, not us.

Mpabbe once pushed to go to Barca, not RM.
A lot will depend on the situation tbh, RM now seems to prioterize Halaand and the media and Halaand himself are trying to create rivalry between the two.
It will be the best for his own brand is to go to the other side of Classico if Halaand moves this summer.

slicknick

A lot will depend on the situation tbh, RM now seems to prioterize Halaand and the media and Halaand himself are trying to create rivalry between the two.
It will be the best for his own brand is to go to the other side of Classico if Halaand moves this summer.

Oh I would love that (esp if Haaland goes to Real), but realistically speaking, as much as I am pining hardcore for Mbappe to sign for us, the chances of that happening are quite slim

khaled_a_d

Oh I would love that (esp if Haaland goes to Real), but realistically speaking, as much as I am pining hardcore for Mbappe to sign for us, the chances of that happening are quite slim

The chances for any players are usually slim, since plenty of big clubs are after him anyway.
Halaand could opt to City and Mpabbe will then be between RM & EPL, or he could just change his mind and renew with PSG. We could just fail to afford any even if they want to move here.
I am just pointing, that currently an elite athlete top priority is to create his own brand, and that won't happen with old RM model of galactico. The CR7 going to Madrid to challenge Messi is probably the best.
Media has already started to create the rivalry between both, as football need that.
I would say we have better chance on Mpabbe, than RM getting both Mpabbe and Halaand

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire

Did he? The only thing I read was we had an opportunity to sign him but we passed and chose Dembele instead.

Haaland is the flavor of the month/year right now so naturally the media focus and speculations are on him, I don't think Real Madrid favors him more than Mbappe but of course I could be wrong. And I agree if Haaland goes to Real Madrid this summer (which I don't think will happen at all), then Mbappe might have second thoughts about going there as nobody at that caliber wants to share the limelight with another star player.

I still think it is more plausible that Mbappe goes to Real Madrid for free next summer than them spending 200m to get Haaland this summer.

Home of Barca Fans