Kylian Mbappé

Tackle

Sign Haaland for seventy and we are way better off anyway. I think Mbappe is overrated.

Mbappe needs to climb another level or two within the next couple seasons to justify even half the hype he's gotten heaped on him. We know he's going to be a world class striker good for 30-40 goals for the next decade. That's not what this kid is being billed to be though. We've been hearing the bloke is a generational talent that is going to define his era for years now. I am still waiting to see this "all-time" talent shine through.

I see him having closer to a Lewandowski type career in his best case scenario than a CR7 one. Lewandowski is still an incredible player, perhaps the best out-and-out striker of this generation and one of the most prolific scorers in recent times, but not a transcendental player. Mbappe is not close to Lewa's peak level yet either and it won't be any easy task for him to match it by any means.

He is 21.5 years old. We will know very soon what his level is going to be.

Morten

I dont watch France football, so i dont if his overall game has improved or not, but im surprised he is only at 18 league goals in a weaker league, playing for a team that is overwhelmingly better than the rest.

slicknick

I dont watch France football, so i dont if his overall game has improved or not, but im surprised he is only at 18 league goals in a weaker league, playing for a team that is overwhelmingly better than the rest.

He missed the first 2 months of the season through injury (started playing in early October), not to mention the league stopped in mid-March

Last edited:

fergus90

I've got to be honest, Mbappe to me has always flattered to deceive in the biggest games for PSG e.g. the Champions League knockouts.

I know for France he really grabbed the game by the scruff of the neck against Argentina, but apart from that one instance I've never really seen him dominant the big occasion yet. I personally think Verratti and Neymar are their two most important players, although social media went through a phase of saying Neymar was in Mbappe's shadow.

Of course Mbappe is still very young and has achieved a lot at young age, but he has some way to go in his overall development to be seen as the star player for the team.

Morten

I've got to be honest, Mbappe to me has always flattered to deceive in the biggest games for PSG e.g. the Champions League knockouts.

I know for France he really grabbed the game by the scruff of the neck against Argentina, but apart from that one instance I've never really seen him dominant the big occasion yet. I personally think Verratti and Neymar are their two most important players, although social media went through a phase of saying Neymar was in Mbappe's shadow.

Of course Mbappe is still very young and has achieved a lot at young age, but he has some way to go in his overall development to be seen as the star player for the team.

Sure, whenever he doesnt throw a temper tantrum and gets sent off....big games, that is.

Home of Barca Fans