Kylian Mbappé

Newcomer

I doubt Mbappé will be interested to join Real Madrid anyway when they sign Jovic to be their main #9 in 2020s decade.

If you tell Real Madrid they can sign him, they would give him anything he asks for. And since what matters is fulfill his ambitions on the pitch and off the pitch, he would be very much interested in.

I have already told you that Mbappé has CR7 mindset. Real Madrid had more "stars" than now and CR7 was very much interested in going in Real Madrid.

Think Mbappé is very mad because he wanted to win the golden boot. Being not the main striker and not getting the penalties (he is bad at it anyway) prevented him from getting that prize, in his mind. Mbappé is all about himself and the trophies he can get with his team. Remember when CR7 was like : "if my teammates were as good as me, we would have won". Mbappé won't say it out loud but what he wants is win all the individual prizes and collective prizes, being seen as the best, and gets the money that goes with that status. If he can get that at PSG, fine with him. If he can get that at Real Madrid, fine with him.

Givenchy

starting to really dislike Mbappe. the whole 'golden boy of france', the 'humbleness', intelligent for his age etc etc is really slipping. i don't think it has anything to do with Neymar either, hes just got too much influence and money for his age.. hes 20 and is demanding one of Europes top clubs play him as a #9. its ridiculous and i doubt he'd get away with that shit at Madrid

Ronaldo is arrogant as fuck but he doesn't try to hide anything, you know exactly what you're getting with him but i expected better from Mbappe.

amazing player, as is Neymar but imo PSG should go the Man City route. instead of buying 2-3 HUGE megastars, strengthen the entire teams core + solid depth

Newcomer

starting to really dislike Mbappe. the whole 'golden boy of france', the 'humbleness', intelligent for his age etc etc is really slipping. i don't think it has anything to do with Neymar either, hes just got too much influence and money for his age.. hes 20 and is demanding one of Europes top clubs play him as a #9. its ridiculous and i doubt he'd get away with that shit at Madrid

Ronaldo is arrogant as fuck but he doesn't try to hide anything, you know exactly what you're getting with him but i expected better from Mbappe.

amazing player, as is Neymar but imo PSG should go the Man City route. instead of buying 2-3 HUGE megastars, strengthen the entire teams core + solid depth

Very reasonable argument (i have to say you are prolly one with the most valid and balanced arguments here. You rarely go into ad hominem attacks or meme circlejerk).

I think PSG would be better as you say with Manchester City politic but i'm not sure they can. City, being a PL club, has a lot of advantages compared to PSG being a french club. To raise their profile, to bring other players and to bring more money from sponsors, they need those stars that are the talismans of the project.
Remember when Verratti said all he needed to believe in PSG project was to bring Neymar at Paris ? And how everyone think about Neymar leaving would be a testament of PSG project failure ?
The good deals PSG is getting with non Qatari companies are also due to Neymar and Mbappé. I'm not sure they would get similar offer for a City team playing in Ligue 1. And City has spent even more money than PSG to get that team. With FFP, PSG would never get to City level of spending and, as a consequence, level of squad depth quality.

I can understand you dislike Mbappé if you dislike CR7. Especially because CR7, for all his talking, did carry his team in the CL. Mbappé has still not shown that. But i admire his determination and will to be the best. With a declaration like that, there will be no excuse for him from now on. He talked some strong words like responsabilities. He will have to back it up or suck the storm that will follow his bad performances.

Evidently, i'm appearing pretty wise here but, as a PSG fan, i don't like the fact he chose that moment to make his power play. Since i have never been more a fan of a player than the club, i find it very disrespectful (while understanding his desiderata) towards the club.

Last edited:

Andrew M

What has Man City achieved that PSG haven't?

Respekt_III

Anti-everything
Barca last 2 seasons has had no one challenging them really but previously had the 2 Madrid teams. Everyone else has had a challenger every 5 years or so and are judged rightly or wrongly on their champions league performances of which psg has failed spectacularly numerous times.

Let's not beat around the bush the level of league 1 teams are quite a level below the other top leagues respective teams.

Andrew M

Barca last 2 seasons has had no one challenging them really but previously had the 2 Madrid teams. Everyone else has had a challenger every 5 years or so and are judged rightly or wrongly on their champions league performances of which psg has failed spectacularly numerous times.

Let's not beat around the bush the level of league 1 teams are quite a level below the other top leagues respective teams.

PSG did get a strong Monaco up against them a couple years ago tbf.

I'm saying that neither Man City nor PSG have achieved anything of note in the CL.

Laplacian

Precisely the sort of ego Barcelona should seek to avoid in the market

Dembele gets an open shot at goal, he often panics and aimlessly crosses the ball so he can pass off the responsibility to either Messi or Suarez. Mbappe on the other hand, has the balls to look straight up and aim for a fucking goal. He has the technique and talent to back that up too.

He's exactly the type of centre forward Barcelona needs. Hungry, egotistical, confident, and competitive.

clemente

if we give Suarez+Coutinho+Rakitic+100m€ can we get Neymar +Mbappe??

I know this is just a half-assed comment but I'm still amazed how dumb it is, asking if PSG would agree to offload our washed seniors with massive wages for the best attack in the world swap.
Maybe also add Gomes, Vermaelen, Denis to that list.

Home of Barca Fans