Kylian Mbappé

Newcomer

A very reliable source if mine in the club, tells me he will go to Real this summer in exchange they will send Marcelo, Bale and modric the other way and some money.

Shit is going down.

It does not make sense though.

PSG is in constant need to find money or sell players to comply with FFP but the deal you are talking about involve a very big increase of PSG wage expenses. Bale alone is on massive wages and Modric was supposed to renew for 10 M a year or something and Marcelo would want a sizable increase too.

Probably the funniest rumour i have ever heard. Also keep him mind that those deals with players being exchanged rarely happen in real life contrary to the fantasy of newspapers or fan. A rare example was Sanchez Mkhitaryan (but they were almost at the end of their contract) and Italian clubs that do it continuously.

Havesaks

:lol: have you seen how PSG do business. Why would they let their golden boy go for a bunch of guys on the down sides of their careers?? The more believable thing here would be Mbappe running his contract down and joining for free/massive signing bonus.

For their teams success, i actually think Bale, Marcelo n Modric would be a huge improvement to Mbappe. Mbappe isn't or is barely a top 10 player in the world (yet), close tho, but he is no big game player and thats what PSG need besides a soul on the team ofc. So i would anyday prefer this than mbappe for 3 seasons and go for free.

Newcomer

For their teams success, i actually think Bale, Marcelo n Modric would be a huge improvement to Mbappe. Mbappe isn't or is barely a top 10 player in the world (yet), close tho, but he is no big game player and thats what PSG need besides a soul on the team ofc. So i would anyday prefer this than mbappe for 3 seasons and go for free.

All those players are "old" and Bale is constantly injured.
If you add to that equation Neymar the most expensive player in PSG squad (and world transfer record) that is injured when it matters the most two times n a row, you could have your two major (attacking) players missing most of the time.

I don't really see where the good deal is here and financially, it would only worsen PSG situation with those wages.

MTL_Barca

Nah that's bullshit, it would be pretty stupid to already decide to join Madrid in 3 years. I mean why should he even think about that right now? 3 years is a very long time football.

Tekkers

offer up suarez, coutinho and whatever real is willing to offer him and forget about de ligt. barca have three competent cbs already and mbappe is a better talent than de ligt

MTL_Barca

offer up suarez, coutinho and whatever real is willing to offer him and forget about de ligt. barca have three competent cbs already and mbappe is a better talent than de ligt

Yet another summer of us going after a PSG player with 0% chance of success sounds like a great idea.

Havesaks

All those players are "old" and Bale is constantly injured.
If you add to that equation Neymar the most expensive player in PSG squad (and world transfer record) that is injured when it matters the most two times n a row, you could have your two major (attacking) players missing most of the time.

I don't really see where the good deal is here and financially, it would only worsen PSG situation with those wages.

Oh - it was a joke, no rumour. :lol: I have no sources whatsoever, just my imiagnation.

Well yeah wage-wise it wouldnt make sense for them, but that aside, i actually dont agree. I would anyday take Bale, modric and marcelo over mbappe for 3 years and going on a bosman. Maybe even if you sell him for 150m on his last year. You play Ligue 1, and you will have no problems winning it, pacing Bale, modric and even marcelo so they are in topform for champions league. Problem with neymar is his ego, and that the club from the start did allowed him to feel superior and give him sepcial treatment. even the manager is influenced by it - if PSG would pace him, and not play meaningless matches when chl ko matches are around, he would be fit and ready. Also his injuries are probably down to his wild personal life, he didnt have it at that extend in barca, and you can see how hard our players and club reacted to dembele falling outs. Im sure Bale, modric and marcelo would be mroe pro. in that regard. But then again, the mentality in PSG may already be "rotten" and new players will automatically be influenced by it.

MTL_Barca

Messi was also leaving us every summer for like 5 years straight according to media. Same with Neymar every summer until he really left. Hell even Ronaldo went back to United like 3 times.

They just love these stories of big expensive superstar transfers. And even if his dad talks to Perez 24/7 i don't think Nasser would give a shit lol

Givenchy

anyone else think Madrid getting Zidane back was setting the ground work for the Mbappe move?

while I don't think hes 100% set on Madrid, having the French legend as manager will sway it imo

serghei

I saw the rumored fee is 280m. :lol: He's worth half that.

I see everybody mentions his age, as if it's an absolute certainty that he's only going to get better. Plenty of players who exploded early and then faded a bit.

He looks like a Madrid player to me. Fee aside, it will be a great signing for them. But no matter who they sign, Ronaldo's void will still be impossible to fill, and that's good for us.

Last edited:

Havesaks

I saw the rumored fee is 280m. :lol: He's worth half that.

I see everybody mentions his age, as if it's an absolute certainty that he's only going to get better. Plenty of players who exploded early and then faded a bit.

He looks like a Madrid player to me.

He is worth it. He was worth 180m in monaco, and it makes sense that his value has increased considerably since he has proved him in PSG, in world cup etc. He will be their goalscorer for the next 10 y + . And their wont be any better by the looks of it. People though 700m for ronaldo was huge, and in hindsight it was a bargain.

Newcomer

Oh - it was a joke, no rumour. :lol: I have no sources whatsoever, just my imiagnation.

Well yeah wage-wise it wouldnt make sense for them, but that aside, i actually dont agree. I would anyday take Bale, modric and marcelo over mbappe for 3 years and going on a bosman. Maybe even if you sell him for 150m on his last year. You play Ligue 1, and you will have no problems winning it, pacing Bale, modric and even marcelo so they are in topform for champions league. Problem with neymar is his ego, and that the club from the start did allowed him to feel superior and give him sepcial treatment. even the manager is influenced by it - if PSG would pace him, and not play meaningless matches when chl ko matches are around, he would be fit and ready. Also his injuries are probably down to his wild personal life, he didnt have it at that extend in barca, and you can see how hard our players and club reacted to dembele falling outs. Im sure Bale, modric and marcelo would be mroe pro. in that regard. But then again, the mentality in PSG may already be "rotten" and new players will automatically be influenced by it.

Well, Neymar ego has nothing to do with his injury. It is not like those injuries are a byproduct of overplaying. Those are not muscular injuries but bones injuries. You can't predict it can happen.
I don't see what that "special treatment" has to with his injury as well. He got injured last year when a guy made a foul and hit his foot. Can you tell me how this relate with how PSG manages him ?
In contrary, Bale has got a shit ton of muscular injuries. So, he is a riskier investment. And, Madrid who is known to handle their players can't help the poor Bale staying healthy. Is this the result of his "special treatment" as well ?

Last edited:

Havesaks

Well, Neymar ego has nothing to do with his injury. It is not like those injuries are a byproduct of overplaying. Those are not muscular injuries but bones injuries. You can't predict it can happen.
I don't see what that "special treatment" has to with his injury as well. He got injured last year when a guy made a foul and hit his foot. Can you tell me how this relate with how PSG manages him ?
In contrary, Bale has got a shit ton of muscular injuries. So, he is a riskier investment. And, Madrid who is known to handle their players can't help the poor Bale staying healthy. Is this the result of his "special treatment" as well ?

As said, Neymars special treatment is like fuel to his ego. PSG could easily pace him, leave out of same matches, and maybe like messi did already back when he was 25-26, too play more clever too not always seek the confrontation allowing players to hurt him. There you have it.

Bale could be paced, i already said that. He wasnt paced in madrid, but was iirc rushed back several times to play in the bigger games.

serghei

He is worth it. He was worth 180m in monaco, and it makes sense that his value has increased considerably since he has proved him in PSG, in world cup etc. He will be their goalscorer for the next 10 y + . And their wont be any better by the looks of it. People though 700m for ronaldo was huge, and in hindsight it was a bargain.

You're better off buying 3 super talents like De Jong, De Ligt and others for that sum, than 1 player like Mbappe, who has proven vs United that he still has a long way to go until he can decide high profile games on his own. I like the player, but he got ridiculously overrated and it already started to go to his head in a bad way.

I can see him turning into a Neymar-level primadonna in a few years easily. I hope after Messi and Suarez we stop going after galactico signings and form a more hard working and hungry team.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans