Kylian Mbappé

Havesaks

Not only dembele who is a good friend og mbappe, we have a frensh colony here: umtiti, todibo, dembele, lenglet and finally Abidal (great personality) and as a club we see france as a main pool of talents with south America and Holland. I really think Abidal can make it happen, but we would also prepare a bag of money in the upcoming years because its not unlikely psg wants to sell when 1 year left and demand will be high for him so he would still cost 200-250million..

Btw does anyone know about which club he supportwd as a child?

Last edited:

FinBarcelonafan

I expect PSG to aproach him and his clan for a renewal soon.

Exactly. I doubt he does Rabiots unless PSG really struggles the next few seasons in CL. Let's hope they suck balls in CL and then we have a chance to sign him.

If he doesn't do Rabiots, he is never leaving from PSG.. It's simple as that.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Not only dembele who is a good friend og mbappe, we have a frensh colony here: umtiti, todibo, dembele, lenglet and finally Abidal (great personality) and as a club we see france as a main pool of talents with south America and Holland. I really think Abidal can make it happen, but we would also prepare a bag of money in the upcoming years because its not unlikely psg wants to sell when 1 year left and demand will be high for him so he would still cost 200-250million..

kylian-mbappe-family-biography-life-story.jpg

He was a CR7 fan growing up. I think I read somewhere last year he even had a trial at Real Madrid or something. I think Real Madrid has an edge over us in having better relations with PSG and there is an actual vacuum to be filled there after Ronaldo is gone while we have Messi and Suarez. Also don't forget Zidane is French too. I wouldn't be shocked if he genuinely prefers Real Madrid over us.

That said, Mbappe said he will definitely stay at PSG next season. As others have alluded to, if he doesn't renew by summer 2020 PSG might consider selling him since his price will go down if they were to sell him in 2021. We do have a chance. For us the key is to demonstrate that we have a starter spot for him, he will replace Suarez and later Messi to be our flag bearer of the next generation and keep wooing him, using players such as Dembele to get him to come here.

Last edited:

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Of course not. Modric and Isco were huge barça lovers. So what?

And CR is not at Real Madrid anymore either. Zidane might be a big attraction for him though if he's still there in 2020/2021.

Playing for managers like Pep and Zidane will always be a huge attraction for any player. They're special.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Neymar also had a trial with Real Madrid and was a Robinho fanboy.

Doesn't matter.

In Neymar's case I think the decisive factor was we offered more money than Real Madrid did (so I have heard), as Neymar's family seemed to value money more than anything else.

I don't think Mbappe values money as much as the Neymars do, so I think it is harder to woo him using money alone. We've got to convince him that sporting-wise we offer a better future than Real Madrid.

Givenchy

forget Cristiano. Zidane would be the biggest pull for Mbappe joining Madrid.. pretty much every french player idolizes the bald warlock

Donatello

forget Cristiano. Zidane would be the biggest pull for Mbappe joining Madrid.. pretty much every french player idolizes the bald warlock

Money + Opportunity plays a bigger role nowadays. If they get either Neymar or Vinicius becomes WC in 3-4 years, while we are looking for Messi successor, it could go either way.

Take De Jong for example, PSG were so close to signing him, despite him being a big Barca fan. At last, money was the deciding factor.

At the end, it comes to who pays more money. If the money is same, then which team gives a better opportunity.
If the circumstances are same, then only player preference matter.

Last edited:

Leo_Messi

A PSG fan if we believe his own words.

Last edited:

BarçaBarça

Zidane will be fired at the time Mbappe gets available for Real.

Nasser has finally put a price on him publicly: 1000M €.
There you go, he won't join Real before his contract expires, PSG won't bat an eye keeping him hostage for the last few years of his contract, even if he wants to go away.

Arizona Scott

...Nasser has finally put a price on him publicly: 1000M €.
There you go, he won't join Real before his contract expires, PSG won't bat an eye keeping him hostage for the last few years of his contract, even if he wants to go away.

I don't think it would work like that. Not just money but perception wise. To keep megastars when they want to leave is not a good look for attracting the next superstars. It is one thing to isolate Rabiot when he already had a bad rap with the NT, to isolate a figure like Mbappe-- that can affect both dollars (if he left on a free vs making 200+ mil, and even more reputation and France/European perception. PSG does are about reputation and perception, and they certainly want to be able to attract future superstars. Do you think if they freeze out Neymar or Mbappe from shaping out their future the next Mbappe or Neymar or FDJ or whomever is going to pick them over other options, no.

BarçaBarça

I don't think it would work like that. Not just money but perception wise. To keep megastars when they want to leave is not a good look for attracting the next superstars. It is one thing to isolate Rabiot when he already had a bad rap with the NT, to isolate a figure like Mbappe-- that can affect both dollars (if he left on a free vs making 200+ mil, and even more reputation and France/European perception. PSG does are about reputation and perception, and they certainly want to be able to attract future superstars. Do you think if they freeze out Neymar or Mbappe from shaping out their future the next Mbappe or Neymar or FDJ or whomever is going to pick them over other options, no.

You make a lot of sense, and I can really follow your rationale. I just think you forget something: This is PSG. This is Nasser. This is Qatar. How do you think perception works for Qatari Nasser Al-Khelaifi? He comes from a country where stoning and lashing is a way of punishment. How do you better your image to the world then- stop the stoning? No, you buy a world-cup and splash billions on popular things like football stadiums in a dessert to get the worlds attention. Same with PSG: They will counter bad press because of imprisoning Mbappe/Neymar (if they really want to leave before contract-end) by buying new even more shiny stuff, raise their wages or splash even more billions to get trophies and publicity at all cost.

To go back to the football: Look at the Verratti-case as well. Noone can leave, even if they want and even if it damages future recruitments.
To PSG the biggest threat to future recruitment is not players perception of PSG as a prison, but Financial Fairplay, if it keeps them from splashing billions on transfers and wages to willing, money-oriented footballers of which there will be plenty in the future as well.

Home of Barca Fans