Kylian Mbappé

JamDav1982

Falcao moved to Argentina at 20

Yip and going be criteria he used for Netherlands that fits.

I would say have to be in country from 16 maximum and be trained by clubs.

Agreed?

Name me the 5 best players developed in Brazil u23.

Interesting to see how that compares to English.

Go for Argentinian too if you still claim they are producing great young players.

Yannik

Suarez is from Uruguay, Ibra was developed in Sweden by Malmo, and Falcao is Colombian. Oh, and you left out Dybala.

Developement isn't a one time thing. All these players spent at least 3-5 years in Netherlands and Argentina, Falcao has never seen the Colombian first division in his lifetime, their nationality is irrelevant, it's about developement. And even if you eliminate those and add Dybala, it's still about the same or more players from the dutch league and that's what you wanted to hear, or not? You don't have to be ingorant or belittleing to me, I'm discussing normally with you and you are laughing at me although I have a point.

Jair Ventura

Developement isn't a one time thing. All these players spent at least 3-5 years in Netherlands and Argentina, Falcao has never seen the Colombian first division in his lifetime, their nationality is irrelevant, it's about developement. And even if you eliminate those and add Dybala, it's still about the same or more players from the dutch league and that's what you wanted to hear, or not? You don't have to be ingorant or belittleing to me, I'm discussing normally with you and you are laughing at me although I have a point.

This is a bullshit way to determine who's responsible for a players to development. Generally, a player is a product of the country and youth system he graduates from. The cut off is typically 18.

Or are we going to give PSG credit for developing Mbappe? Of course not. He's a a product of Monaco.

Last edited:

JamDav1982

top 5 u23

Brasil - Jesus, Marquinhos, Malcom, Arthur, Arana/Wendel

Argentina - Dybala, Correa, Lo Celso, Juan Foyth, Mammana

England - Del Alli, Sterling, Dier, Rashford and Stones.

Not much in it with Brazil and clearly better than Argentinas five overall.

What age you saying have to play somewhere to be developed?

Jair Ventura

England - Del Alli, Sterling, Dier, Rashford and Stones.

Not much in it with Brazil and clearly better than Argentinas five.

What age you saying have to play somewhere to be developed?

The English side isn't close. Dybala alone heavily tilts the comparison in Argentina's favor as he's already world class.

JamDav1982

The English side isn't close. Dybala alone heavily tilts the comparison in Argentina's favor as he's world class and one of the best players in the world.

The English five overall are clearly better and Dybala is not even that great or all that much better than likes of Alli if at all.

Jair Ventura

The English five overall are clearly better and Dybala is not even that great or all that much better than likes of Alli if at all.

Dybala is worth more than most of the English players combined. I'd also rather have Lo Celso than any of those English players, while there's not much separating Correa from Sterling or Stones from Mammana.

Jair Ventura

giphy.gif

JamDav1982

Dybala is worth more than most of the English lost, combined. I'd also rather have Lo Celso than any of those English players, while there's not much separating Correa from Sterling or Stones from Mammana.

Dybala may be the best od the lot but not much in it with him and Alli at all. The other English players are clearly playing at a higher level. Is not even close.

Up it to 24 and start including likes of Pogba and Kane gets even more weighted towards English players.

Lo Celso has scored how many in shitty French league compared to likes of Rashford, Alli and Sterling in a better league?

You are completely deluded.

Yannik

This is a bullshit way to determine who's responsible for a players to development. Generally, a player is a product of the country and youth system he graduates from. The mark off, generally, is 18.

But the context that we are discussing is which league would do greater with the ressources that the PL has, and scouting is obviously part of every club so it's not a bullshit way to determine the developement potential of a league, it's the most realistic one. Because in reality not every talent is homegrown or has been at the own youth. The "own youth" is maybe good for bragging rights and is obviously a great fundament to every club but it's not the only source to gain talents, and is therefor not the only factor relevant in our discussion. These players were scouted, bought for a price that their limited ressources can afford and improved into players that would go on to become worldbeaters. Now back to our argument: Translate this behaviour onto a bigger level; give the dutch clubs ressources of larger proportions and they'd be able to use their strengths on a much bigger scale, getting also the more pricy talents and generally being more attractive for players to consider them. This is my point.

Last edited:

Jair Ventura

Dybala may be the best od the lot but not much in it with him and Alli at all. The other English players are clearly playing at a higher level. Is not even close.

Up it to 24 and start including likes of Pogba and Kane gets even more weighted towards English players.

Lo Celso has scored how many in shitty French league compared to likes of Rashford, Alli and Sterling?

You are completely deluded.

lmfao. Pogba, who was developed at Le Havre, is an English player?

Arguing Alli is better in Dybala's tier, and then ask me how many goals Lo Celso(a CM in the mold of Verratti) has scored compared to Rashford, Alli, and Sterling? Lmao

You know fuck all about football. You've exposed yourself.

Jair Ventura

But the context that we are discussing is which league would do greater with the ressources that the PL has, and scouting is obviously part of every club so it's not a bullshit way to determine the developement potential of a league, it's the most realistic one because in reality not every talent is homegrown or has been at the own youth. Such things are maybe good for bragging rights, but they are not relevant in our discussion. These players were scouted, bought for a price that their limited ressources can afford and improved into players that would go on to become worldbeaters. Now back to our argument: Translate this behaviour onto a bigger level; give the dutch clubs ressources of larger proportions and they'd be able to use their strengths on a much bigger scale, getting also the more pricy talents and generally being more attractive for players to consider them. This is my point.

Lets recall how this all started:

I can name more players in the top leagues coming from the dutch league, than from the Argentinian.

Home of Barca Fans