Kevin De Bruyne

jamrock

They both won a treble as starters without him, yes it was more about MSN.

But when we won with xavi it was also more about Messi.

As I said above they were never the best players for Barcelona, none could be with Messi in the team.

What happened after 2015, was less about them as Individual players and missing xavi and everything to do with the systematic and slow destruction of the club by barto.

jamrock

Iniesta "winning game on his own " I think is more meant in the zidane scene like a spectacular individual moment of brilliance.

Not in the Messi sense where he would literally win a game in his own, as much as a player can do so in a team sport.

JamDav1982

They both won a treble as starters without him, yes it was more about MSN.

But when we won with xavi it was also more about Messi.

As I said above they were never the best players for Barcelona, none could be with Messi in the team.

What happened after 2015, was less about them as Individual players and missing xavi and everything to do with the systematic and slow destruction of the club by barto.

I never said Barca could never win without Xavi... they clearly were not the same side in midfield even when had MSN.

They were never the same without him and took some absolute hammerings as well as that MSN led treble.

It took the best front line of all time to have that one top season and when MSN was off there was not much else too often and midfield lost control time and again.

Barca without Xavi lost that midfield control in way for me never would have had lost Iniesta with Xavi still in peak years.

Temptation

The greatest midfielder of this generation. Period.

I don't even like him much but watching him play: almost every game he pulls off numerous magical moments which other players on the pitch can't even think of.

Modric and Kroos(extremely limited skillset) can't do that.

Temptation

Controversial Take Alert!

It's nearly impossible for a legendary CM to be as good as a legendary Attacking Mid of the same level because the latter is simply a better position. They influence the game more directly with goal contributions which is the only thing that actually changes a game in effect. Playing a decent pass is much easier than scoring a goal or creating one simply because the opponents aren't set up to prevent most passes, they're set up to stop the ball from going into the net because at the end of the day, that wins you games.

Andresito

Staff member
The top scorers of the Champions League knockout rounds since the 2019/20 season

417431449_955110405983473_5325909054866071700_n.jpg

Temptation

The through ball king. His passes have the perfect weight and are released at the perfect precise moment.

Ironic that he was a Liverpool fan growing up and now he's one of the main reasons we don't have 3 more league titles. Pain. 🥲

fergus90

He has looked really slow after the initial return, wonder if the last injury has accelerated the physical decline.

KingLeo10

Great talent and midfielder, but please don't bring him near the table of actual legends like Xavi Iniesta Modric Kroos.

These guys dominated big CL games for years and years.

Home of Barca Fans