Kevin De Bruyne

amircule

Why would Barça want to spend 80-90M on an attacking midfielder that's good in counter attacking?

If he can make Lord Bendtner score vs Bayern , he is worth that money imo.
But still , it's very sad that a club like city can spend 40 mil on Mangala , 90 mil on KDB but likes of Inter are forced to sell one of their stars (kovacic) .

serghei

City winning the title looks absolute certainty if this goes through...

There is also the danger of them becoming the best team in the world somewhere in the next 5 years. You spend like that, eventually you're gonna get there, and they really seem to have unlimited resources of money. The only thing they lack atm is prestige, history, tradition etc.

City and PSG are dangerous, because no matter how many failures they have, they keep pumping money. Eventually they will make the CL semis and from there you never know. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised to see one of them in the CL final this year.

Last edited:
Of course you are still banking on him moving to Bayern next summer, Ryu. ;)

It is kind of funny some of the Bayern players came out recently saying he should stay at Wolfsburg for now.

It is more about the league keeping their stars. It might be the same story in La Liga. Yes, Real and Barca like Bayern are able to keep who they want to, but the other teams cannot when the big EPL clubs come.

If they tell about up to 20m EUR wage per season (10m EUR fix, 10m flexible) for a 24-year-old that had one real great year being the big fish in the small pond without CL-experience - you know that Bayern does not want to compete. It would destroy the wage structure.

And I doubt that de Bruyne as a Belgian - the most of his teammates of the national team play in the EPL so the EPL for sure is more in the focus for Belgian players - has a special relationship to the Bundesliga.

We will see if it might be a big mistake to leave already now. If I would be him I would have waited another year to gain a much better position with showing my class in the Champions League etc. with a team that is build around me.

What I do not like here is that there has not been a straight - I want to leave - of the player already some weeks ago. The end of the transfer window is near and Wolfsburg will not get a good replacement for him.

R

Ryu Hayabusa

City and PSG are dangerous. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised to see one of them in the CL final this year.

I would be VERY surprised. And that is still an understatement.
Neither PSG and especially not City are at the same level as Barca/Bayern/real are.

serghei

I would be VERY surprised. And that is still an understatement.
Neither PSG and especially not City are at the same level as Barca/Bayern/real are.

Very soon they will reach a point when they will be able to beat any team out of those 3, and not by dumb luck. You already had problems with City and we already had problems with PSG. Don't be so sure those 3 teams will be far ahead next season.

R

Ryu Hayabusa

Very soon they will reach a point when they will be able to beat any team out of those 3, and not by dumb luck. You already had problems with City and we already had problems with PSG. Don't be so sure those 3 teams will be far ahead next season.

It still needs a lot more than just a bunch of individualists/mercenaries and a mediocre manager to form a top tier football team.

On paper, PSG and especially City have always been great teams since they whored themselves out to Arab money. Still, City has remained a laughing stock of the CL as they simply lack the necessary mentality and team spirit as well as tactical finesse. Generally, I think that almost all PL clubs lag behind in the tactical field.

Last edited:

serghei

It still needs a lot more than just a bunch of individualists/mercenaries and a mediocre manager to form a top tier football team.

A lot more as in what? The only thing they don't have is european success. And it's a matter of time until they get that as well. Mediocre managers don't win the title btw. Pellegrini is a good manager.

S7_MUFC

City are only one class midfielder away from challenging for champions league and are probably capable of matching Real this season...Front 4 of Aguero,Silva,Sterling and KDB looks really amazing on paper and my only hope is that their midfield looked incapable of handling pressure in big games last season..

R

Ryu Hayabusa

City are only one class midfielder away from challenging for champions league and are probably capable of matching Real this season...Front 4 of Aguero,Silva,Sterling and KDB looks really amazing on paper and my only hope is that their midfield looked incapable of handling pressure in big games last season..

On paper, yes, as I already said. I will be very surprised if they managed to scrape into the CL semis somehow. I don't care about their domestic success. That doesn't make them a top tier team.

S7_MUFC

On paper, yes, as I already said. I will be very surprised if they managed to scrape into the CL semis somehow. I don't care about their domestic success. That doesn't make them a top tier team.
You're right about them being tactically inept but they have team that's good enough to play on the counter in europe. My biggest concern is that in the long run they can blow everyone out of the water without FFP(looks like its being scrapped).What's to stop them from paying top players £1 million a week?

Jair Ventura

On paper, PSG and especially City have always been great teams since they whored themselves out to Arab money. Still, City has remained a laughing stock of the CL as they simply lack the necessary mentality and team spirit as well as tactical finesse. Generally, I think that almost all PL clubs lag behind in the tactical field.

Lol @ whored themselves out to Arab money. Capital investment, the horrors!

Home of Barca Fans