Karim Benzema

KingLeo10

The latter makes him antithesis of a baller TBH

_113366438_bale_epa.jpg

El Gato

Villarato!
Willing to bet that in private setting u are praising Benzema. You just dont want to be seen backpeddling here on barcaforum.

I've praised him plenty of times for praiseworthy things. Not my fault this forum and media consistently make him something he's not, or choose to pretend like managers didn't ask for another choice of striker.

Good player. Nothing special in the grand scheme of things.

Horatio

You're welcome
I've praised him plenty of times for praiseworthy things. Not my fault this forum and media consistently make him something he's not, or choose to pretend like managers didn't ask for another choice of striker.

Good player. Nothing special in the grand scheme of things.

I?d say he?s better than just good. I remember him scoring his goals in games where other forwards would fail. That?s a valuable player to have on the team. For me more consistent than most goalscorers in the sense that Benzema will have as much of a tough time, or not, scoring against tough or weak opponents. Just depends if he?s ?on? for goalscoring that game. He really doesn?t seem to discriminate lol. Also Ronaldo thrived a lot from his play and lack of selfishness.

Anyway...we had this discussion before.

Last edited:

Morten

I?d say he?s better than just good. I remember him scoring his goals in games where other forwards would fail. That?s a valuable player to have on the team. For me more consistent than most goalscorers in the sense that Benzema will have as much of a tough time, or not, scoring against tough or weak opponents. Just depends if he?s ?on? for goalscoring that game. He really doesn?t seem to discriminate lol. Also Ronaldo thrived a lot from his play and lack of selfishness.

IT IS because he was the better "main man", not for anything else.
Benzemas best seasons, goalwise, were actually when playing with Ronaldo, he simply just wasnt that good for a few seasons, nothing to do with "sacrificing his game" for Ronaldo.

If Benzema was that great as a "main man", he would have been exactly that, basic logic.

Horatio

You're welcome
Benz is still a scumbag. He shouldREPENT!

Bale is a wise guru. So woke! My fav Real M playa :cool:

Even after reading the transcript doesnt make me think he had bad intent. Benzema is a guy that values loyalty. Telling on his friends is not an option, so he tried to mediate the deal and actually was pretty straightforward with Valbuena about what his best options were. From the transcript nowhere looks like hes actually enjoying the situation. Just want that stuff to be done as fast as possible.

El Gato

Villarato!

What makes you say he's better than good?
Scoring random quality goals doesn't make a player better than he is day to day. It's the same kind of lie that makes Brits say Bale is amazing and mistreated when they just see him play well in late CL or Wales. Eder scored in Euro 2016 final. Doesn't mean anything, but the fact that he happened to score there.

I didn't say he's not valuable, I said he's good. But any team would easily look for a way to improve upon him. And Real did try - every manager wanted a scoring striker since Mourinho and Higuain left in 2013. They got Morata, Jese, Chicharito, Mariano and Borja Mayoral. While the board also tried to sign Lewandowski and Dżeko among others - both refused on grounds of not wanting to be behind Benzema in hierarchy and wanting a fair shake. Jović is a punt and provided he gets at most 15 mins sub time you can't expect more than what you got out of him - in other words it's Zidane's own fault, but it's not a lost cause yet if Zidane is true to his word and actually gives him a fair shake in 20/21.

Benz also has an unprecedented amount of shocking misses he accumulated over the years since at least 2016, far exceeding the goals he'd score.

He's a bang average streaky finisher who adjusts to the form of the team and never fails to go missing when team needs an inspiration up top. He left the tape on his finger on because he thinks it'll help him score for chrissake...
His CL highlights include 40+ goals vs Malmos, APOELs, Schalkes, Shakhtars etc, while also being overcredited for the Ulreich blunder and a Karius blunder.
When was the last time he scored in a Clasico?
Last two seasons were literally the first where he had to take responsibility for his product. He did, and yet his game has stayed the same, because at this point he's not going to change and people think as if his 21-25 goals per season are enough, lol (BTW that's his upper range scoring tally). He was never one to create his own shot, he still takes shots from average positions, they are still quite shit in execution, because he was never a great finisher and he's physically unable to beat a defender in a duel. He could never be described as explosive and never had a physical advantage of any sort - countless meme-level cases where he'd fall flat on his ass, far outweighing the cases where he did beat his marker.

Giving up his scoring numbers for Ronaldo is a net benefit decision, which wasn't even his to make and anybody else would have decided the same, so why's he even getting praise for it?
Do you have to be a great striker to take 2 shots a game like Benzema and just be intelligent enough to pick the right spaces to not interfere with Ronaldo's game? At this level? Seriously?

I could give him some dues for actually being a pretty good header over the years and that overabused argument of unselfishness, but there's really no point. Discussion is saturated in so much perpetuated bullshit it doesn't matter. And usually by people who think Benz is quality because Zidane plays him - as if a) Zidane didn't ask for a 2nd striker; b) Zidane is faultless and doesn't have unhealthy attachments.

All this is really easy to research. xG is out there for everyone to check. Even assist numbers have gone down so not even that to praise him for anymore.

Much of the Big Dick Benzi stuff is trolling, which is OK if you take it for what it is, but don't go actually believing Benzema is anything special.
He's a worse version of Rooney. With a lot more legal problems in earlier career too.

Last edited:

El Gato

Villarato!
Wolfe what are top 5 players you want to see Real sell?

Depends how fair you want to be. If I were to bin everyone that annoyed me with their end product/longevity since ~2017 it'd be Bale, Vazquez, Modrić, Isco and Benzema.
But TBH only Bale is a waste of everyone's time.
I guess James and Isco since nobody plays with a #10 in 2020? But I don't really want to lose most of our players since they all have value they can add.
Lucas is quite versatile.
Mariano's spirit is amazing, even if he's just a club mascot type, which I do feel sorry for him a lot because his Lyon year was superb and he never had a manager in Madrid who'd try to control and actually have him play.
Jović just needs goddamn pitch time and a manager who COACHES rather than just gets lucky to get on with some of his recruits. If he doesn't get it, so be it. But I don't even know who we'd go for after. Hope it isn't Haaland this soon.
It's more about buying and giving actual shot to players rather than binning people. Most of our team reacted well to Mendy and Fede being introduced in absolutely key weakness spots. Reguilon is waiting for Marcelo to wind down his contract and I hope he's back soon. Hakimi sadly left, maybe he'll be back around 2022/23. Llorente also sadly left despite playing well under Solari. Odegaard would benefit another year in Sociedad, but I really think he's ready and could play RM/RCAM or even RW.

Slightly too many recruits, but if we can reinvest in Mbappe or other players (even if it's.. ugh.. Pogba) then policy makes some sense.

snowy

Ok, thanks for elaborate response.

more on target -->

"S’il veut pas, bah laisse, il va se d?merder avec ces piranhas." Avant de limiter son r?le, tout en incitant Mathieu Valbuena ? payer : "moi, mon but, il s’arr?te l?. Maintenant, mon ami, il prend la rel?ve, c’est lui qui conna?t la personne qui a ta vid?o, moi, je la connais pas. Maintenant, tu veux r?gler tes histoires, donne ton num?ro, je lui donne et tu vois avec lui".

See that part is just dumb. Going to your teammate and offering him the option to bury the whole thing under the carpet, by getting him connected to his pal and paying the ransom.

I'd crush his balls just for this stupid advice. If in the same situation, I'd never take this to my teammate. Benz should've crushed Zanetti's balls just for trying to use him this way. 2nd, he should've forced Zanetti to reveal the identity of the blackmailers and report it to Barcaman for a perma ban.

But the way it happened, Val should've crushed Benz' ballz just for giving him this shitty advice and trying to get money out of Val's pockets into the blackmailers.

That's a lot of ball crushing but it is what it is :brevet:

And it's not a question of loyalty way I see it. If my best friend tries to lure me into shady deals, resulting in blackmailers getting money from one of my teammates, I'd kick his ass!

Even if the intended victim was someone I disliked, you just don't do that. Anyways, call me prude but that's the way I call it :tiphat:

Horatio

You're welcome
And it's not a question of loyalty way I see it. If my best friend tries to lure me into shady deals, resulting in blackmailers getting money from one of my teammates, I'd kick his ass!

Yeah, but you are projecting your personalty onto Benzema?s. Maybe you are wiser and less naive than Benzema? Benzema was in the wrong getting involved I am not arguing that, but I do think he got manipulated into getting involved. What other reason would Benzema have to do it? Money?

Home of Barca Fans