Kalidou Koulibaly

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
His contract runs out in 2023 and there's rumors he won't renew with Napoli.

I know he'll be 31 in the summer, but Thiago Silva is still going strong at 36/37. If we can get him for around 30m I'd absolutely go for it and sign him on a 4 year deal. Likes of de Ligt, Kounde are unrealistic right now. It would also give us a year or two to look at younger options.

Koulibaly is World Class, a leader and can transform our defence with his presence.

FinBarcelonafan

I know he'll be 31 in the summer, but Thiago Silva is still going strong at 36/37. If we can get him for around 30m I'd absolutely go for it and sign him on a 4 year deal. Likes of de Ligt, Kounde are unrealistic right now. It would also give us a year or two to look at younger options.

Koulibaly is World Class, a leader and can transform our defence with his presence.

Like that option better than signing De Ligt or Kounde for eighty million.

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End

Difference between the two is that Thiago Silva never relied upon his physical attributes like Koulibaly did because of his intelligence, reading of the game and decision making. Koulibaly's best days are behind him, in my view. A few years ago he was a beast and should have moved on from Napoli to further his career and get out of that comfort zone. Alas he was too priced out of a move. Back in 2017 he was our 2nd choice to VVD. He can still play very well and no doubt in Italy he'll still be a very good player until his mid 30's. But his beast mode days are behind him.

Barca need to get some younger CBs. I know the finances aren't great but I'd be looking at the likes of Tah at Leverkusen, Ndicka at Franfurt, Botman at Lille, Ginter at Moenchadgladbach, Forfana at Leicester, Quarta at Fiorentina and Pau Torres at Villarreal. Players with quality now but also have an upside and are in their early to mid 20's.

I am really surprised you haven't been linked to Pau Torres. Spanish, top class and a very silky centre back who has excellent reading of the game and good physical attributes. Would be a perfect replacement for Pique. I'd partner him with Quarta who's at Fiorentina. An Argentine who'll settle into your culture easily and is ready to move up a level.

I think you could get both for a combined 60-65m euros.

behindbrowneyes

He is great defender. Pep was after him for a very long time but Napoli wasn't willing to let him go for a reasonable price.

His tackle against Adama was something else.

Don't know what to make out of this rumour though. It was reported one day before the game, which kinda makes it look like deliberate unsettling of an opponent.

Porque

I don't see this one happening. 25m tops though as Koulibaly would still be our best defender, but also getting up in age and relies on his physical traits as has been mentioned. But his reading of the game is generally decent.

Still, if you look at the batch of 2023 expirees there is Skriniar, Ndicka or even Soyuncu who are at a better age category, and potential free if we can make a season with the likes of Araujo, Eric, Pique and Azpi/Christensen.

khaled_a_d

Still, if you look at the batch of 2023 expirees there is Skriniar, Ndicka or even Soyuncu who are at a better age category, and potential free if we can make a season with the likes of Araujo, Eric, Pique and Azpi/Christensen.

There has to be a really good reason for us to do so tbh.

khaled_a_d

Anyone defenders you would like to see us sign this summer?

Defenders or CB?
I prefer to invest in defense, with fullbacks being a priority but we haven't been linked with any big name (I am not sure there is even a big talent FB we can get) but this is my main concern.
Obviously if someone like Halaand is signed, then yeah we can just do it with free signings.
If not, then spend on quality CB.
Other than usual suspects (Kounde/De Ligt) I prefer Lisandro Martinez from Ajax.
Soyuncu is also a name I have wanted for long, if he doesn't renew I would love us to go for him.
Would also consider a gamble on the likes of Tapsoba/Kaiky/Timber/Schlotterbeck.
We need 2 CB next summer, and not a Christensen/Azpi combo. Maybe one of those and another we pay for.

Again, if we spend on other areas of need then I like it.

serghei

For me, center-backs are a priority. They are all terrible IMO, only Araujo is passable. Pique, Garcia, Lenglet, Umtiti, are all various flavors of shit whenever up against a meaningful opponent.

Soyuncu is an error machine. Pass for me. But have no idea who to get that would be worth the money. De Ligt and/or Kounde are certainly way overpriced for what they bring to the table.

Last edited:

FinBarcelonafan

For me, center-backs are a priority. They are all terrible IMO, only Araujo is passable. Pique, Garcia, Lenglet, Umtiti, are all various flavors of shit whenever up against a meaningful opponent.

Soyuncu is an error machine. Pass for me. But have no idea who to get that would be worth the money. De Ligt and/or Kounde are certainly way overpriced for what they bring to the table.

True. Only Araujo has potential to be top CB. Others are meh at best or used to be great.

If Xavi wants to keep playing high line, we should invest in quick, fast and strong players who are tough to beat one on one or in running contest.

jamrock

High like requires more than 2 Good & fast CB, entire team has to be setup right to react against & prevent quick containers, which will be impossible with busquets as our starting DM for 1.

FinBarcelonafan

High like requires more than 2 Good & fast CB, entire team has to be setup right to react against & prevent quick containers, which will be impossible with busquets as our starting DM for 1.

True. There can't be weak links or lazy players. It's group effort.

gasgas

Defenders or CB?
I prefer to invest in defense, with fullbacks being a priority but we haven't been linked with any big name (I am not sure there is even a big talent FB we can get) but this is my main concern.
Obviously if someone like Halaand is signed, then yeah we can just do it with free signings.
If not, then spend on quality CB.
Other than usual suspects (Kounde/De Ligt) I prefer Lisandro Martinez from Ajax.
Soyuncu is also a name I have wanted for long, if he doesn't renew I would love us to go for him.
Would also consider a gamble on the likes of Tapsoba/Kaiky/Timber/Schlotterbeck.
We need 2 CB next summer, and not a Christensen/Azpi combo. Maybe one of those and another we pay for.

Again, if we spend on other areas of need then I like it.

Soyuncu is dung

Home of Barca Fans