Kaka

serghei

He was not only fast, but had genius in him at the level of Ronaldinho, Zidane, and Iniesta.

Like when he made two United defenders but heads. :lol: Who the fuck did that at that level? Can only remember likes of Ronaldinhoa, Iniesta and Zidane ridiculing players at that level through magical moments.

Hazard never did that in clutch moments. Sure, he played amazing vs Everton and Burnley... But even a not so great Barca played Chelsea in 2018 and Hazard was nothing special. Willian was the one we had issues blocking in that tie. That's the same Barca team that got dismantled by Roma. So, not a super-elite side.

KingLeo10

Milan in that time period mauled United and especially Bayern :lol:

Were my second favorite side back then and even now, sympathize with them.

Temptation

Overrated the moment is couldn't running in a straight line very fast, his career was over.

Never rated him even at his best, because like I said above he basically just ran very fast in a straight line.

Hazard was more skillful.

I'm hoping Bellingham goes the way of kaka at Madrid start off very good then disappears, Because he's pissing me off.

It ain't happening though.

You sound weirdly salty here. Also, very ignorant.

Even without the pace, Kaka had one of the best long shots in the game with right and left, one of the best final balls, best defense splitting through balls, great interplay and linkup tendencies, magical individual brilliance at the highest level, silky smooth control and touch, goalscoring ability in clutch moments, .......the list goes on.

serghei

Were a great side. Loved many of their players and consider them all timers. My first two shirts as a fan were Kluivert and Shevchenko. Wore them until the numbers and names fell off.

Temptation

Milan in that time period mauled United and especially Bayern :lol:

Were my second favorite side back then and even now, sympathize with them.
Tell me about it mate!

Watching them lineup before those CL games was pure bliss. When the camera showed their faces during UCL anthem I got goosebumps. That team was stacked and how!

That goal against United where he flicks the ball in the air and uses his head to control it making the 2 United defenders crash was beautiful. And then the calm finish past Van der Sar.

The grace and fluidity of a ballet dancer. So light on his feet yet strong as an ox. So determined with dribbling yet so calm infront of goal.

There are some players like Lukaku who look awkward when you play them a difficult pass/high ball. Kaka was the opposite. He never looked awkward or out of control. Even when he battled defenders he looked at ease and very graceful. Reminds me of Federer's tennis. Pure art. Nothing looks difficult for them. Effortless finesse in every touch.

jamrock

You sound weirdly salty here. Also, very ignorant.

Even without the pace, Kaka had one of the best long shots in the game with right and left, one of the best final balls, best defense splitting through balls, great interplay and linkup tendencies, magical individual brilliance at the highest level, silky smooth control and touch, goalscoring ability in clutch moments, .......the list goes on

Salty why? Lol.

I just don't rate him that highly, I never rate players that are overly reliant on their pace, and he firmly falls in that category.

The moment you limited his space he became half the player he was when he had time and space on the ball.

The hallmark of the greats are those who can execute with limited time and space, he was never that.

Seen multiple game where he came up zero when opponents did just that, for Milan and Brazil.

The Brazil coach, building the attack around him and fat Ronaldo, and playing ronaldinho further back, in his magic square is, 80% of the reason Brazilian lost that world cup, because Ronaldo couldn't run and kaka struggles in tight paces.

jamrock

He was not only fast, but had genius in him at the level of Ronaldinho, Zidane, and Iniesta.

Like when he made two United defenders but heads. :lol: Who the fuck did that at that level? Can only remember likes of Ronaldinhoa, Iniesta and Zidane ridiculing players at that level through magical moments.

Hazard never did that in clutch moments. Sure, he played amazing vs Everton and Burnley... But even a not so great Barca played Chelsea in 2018 and Hazard was nothing special. Willian was the one we had issues blocking in that tie. That's the same Barca team that got dismantled by Roma. So, not a super-elite side.

Nowhere near those 3, not even close.

Those 3 could do it with limited time and space, he struggled once he didn't have space.

Here and there he would do something with limited space, but it wasn't the norm.

serghei

Nowhere near those 3, not even close.

Those 3 could do it with limited time and space, he struggled once he didn't have space.

Here and there he would do something with limited space, but it wasn't the norm.

That's talking about style mostly. Ronaldinho liked spaces too btw, more open, end to end games were his thing. I have a hard time finding him a place in the 2011 Barca team for example, because of his profile.

jamrock

That's talking about style mostly. Ronaldinho liked spaces too btw, more open, end to end games were his thing. I have a hard time finding him a place in the 2011 Barca team for example, because of his profile.

Every player likes space, but it's like I said its what they do when the space is limited.

Those 3 could do it at a significantly highly clip than kaka on a much more consistent basic.

He was just a player that lived for those open spaces, give him that he's deadly.

Moment he got figured, it was the beginning of the end for him.

Dinho makes every Barcelona XI even 2011.

I'd never put him and those 3 in the same sentence ever tbh

serghei

Space doesn't have to be limited at all if the team is managed properly. Space is limited at Barcelona offensively mostly because the team is not good enough in quick transitions. Often you could even see during the games that Barcelona purposely slows possible counters and turns them into positional slower attacks to protect the defense.

Dinho doesn't make 2011 team imo. If you look at how the team ticked, and not use a player-quality FIFA Football Manager metric, he doesn't fit the way the 2011 team approached games. The team's methodical approach to possession goes against the joga-bonito style of Ronaldinho.

And he's probably my favorite player.

Last edited:

jamrock

Space doesn't have to be limited at all if the team is managed properly. Space is limited at Barcelona offensively mostly because the team is not good enough in quick transitions. Often you could even see during the games that Barcelona purposely slows possible counters and turns them into positional slower attacks to protect the defense.

Dinho doesn't make 2011 team imo. If you look at how the team ticked, and not use a player-quality FIFA Football Manager metric, he doesn't fit the way the 2011 team approached games. The team's methodical approach to possession goes against the joga-bonito style of Ronaldinho.

And he's probably my favorite player.

I get your point, but space always becomes limited when

1) the level rises.
2) the opponent is much worse and that's their only option.
3) a key player is so good he draws the opponents attention, see this with almost all goated players, (this is where kaka struggles.)

The limited Barcelona space is like you said, more a by product of our play, but generally space will still become limited

jamrock

Actually he struggled with two and three.

If the team gave little space or if he was tightly marked.

PS I wasn't saying hazard was better than him to be clear, just seeing how that came across.

He was just more generally skill for

But kaka at his best was better.

Not Iniesta good though.

Andresito

Staff member
Everytime I see Temp fawning over a KingLeo post it makes me think of this meme

8b8ytm.jpg

vegitot

Kaka was fantastic in his prime. But when he lost his pace, he declined massively. His technique could not compensate.

He did rely too much on his pace.

Home of Barca Fans