Juventus

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
So Juve got the balls to fire Allegri for failing to win the CL, but we can’t do the same with a coach that is even worse? Embarrassing.

Andresito

Staff member
According to Unibet, these are the favourites:

3.50 Pochettino
4.00 Conte
7.00 Mourinho

My bet is on Conte.

Hardy

for what I know Conte is going to Inter. Deschamps and Simone Inzaghi are in the mix. Can't believe on Mourinho, would be like Pep joining Real

messi2140

6racies Xavi
So Juve got the balls to fire Allegri for failing to win the CL, but we can’t do the same with a coach that is even worse? Embarrassing.

First thought that went through my head when I heard the news. Keep in my mind that Juventus doesnt have the amount of quality that Barca has , and neither did they ever go out in such an embarassing and pathetic way like Barca.

Newcomer

and EV has less credentials, worse football, a more expensive and stacked squad, and bottled 3 goal leads two years in a row :worthy:

Can't bottle a 3 - 0 lead when you don't have a 3 - 0 lead.

That means Valverde is great, in some way, to be able to get those leads but bad to keep bottling them.
Would it have been better to do a Juventus and not win any of the two games before being eliminated ?

Btw, i'm not saying you should keep Valverde. Just saying Allegri did worse.

El Gato

Villarato!
According to Unibet, these are the favourites:

3.50 Pochettino
4.00 Conte
7.00 Mourinho

My bet is on Conte.

Pochettino leaving after his best personal achievement as a coach? Yeah, nah. If anything he may buy 1-2 old players off Juve who really need to cleanse that dressing room and Spuds need experience to join the league campaign properly.

Whoever comes to Juve it won’t change a thing. Their European window has passed. Lots of past it players forming the core that are well over 31 surrounded by average players who don’t cut the mustard. Even worse situation than Barca.

Last edited:

Barcilliant

Allegri out

[tw]1129340873622413314[/tw]

Is ten times the manager Valverde is. People think of him as a defensive coach but he's actually well balanced. The problem is Juve have old players and not much quality either. It's good enough for Serie A but not for the big moments in the CL.

FinBarcelonafan

Is ten times the manager Valverde is. People think of him as a defensive coach but he's actually well balanced. The problem is Juve have old players and not much quality either. It's good enough for Serie A but not for the big moments in the CL.

You just described Barca this season.

El Gato

Villarato!

What exactly does he have that EV doesn't? More domestic titles? Let EV coach for 2-3 more years and we'll see. Their failures are actually almost perfect mirror images when you set aside the manner of major losses each of them suffered. They're cut from the same cloth. Boring football, reluctance to break the core, lack of consistency in playing to the strengths of younger talent, regularly outcoached in bigger European fixtures. There is seldom a better comparison Europe-wide.

serghei

What exactly does he have that EV doesn't? More domestic titles? Let EV coach for 2-3 more years and we'll see. Their failures are actually almost perfect mirror images when you set aside the manner of major losses each of them suffered. They're cut from the same cloth. Boring football, reluctance to break the core, lack of consistency in playing to the strengths of younger talent, regularly outcoached in bigger European fixtures. There is seldom a better comparison Europe-wide.

2 CL finals with a weaker team.

He's a better Valverde. Which is why we don't want him at Barcelona.

serghei

With Ernie, we'll soon be in his 3rd year and we still wait to see him knock out a serious CL team. Hasn't happened yet, and chances are it will never happen.

In his 1st season Allegri knocked out the CL holders and made the final, which they lost to a great Barca side having one of the best attacks ever seen. In his 1st season Valverde embarrassed himself going out to a decent Roma team and blowing out a 4-1 lead, and setting a historic negative record for Barcelona in Europe, a record he himself surpassed the next season. To put things into context, Roma is barely making the EL places this season.

Last edited:

El Gato

Villarato!
With Ernie, we'll soon be in his 3rd year and we still wait to see him knock out a serious CL team. Hasn't happened yet, and chances are it will never happen.

In his 1st season Allegri knocked out the CL holders and made the final, which they lost to a great Barca side having one of the best attacks ever seen. In his 1st season Valverde embarrassed himself going out to a decent Roma team and blowing out a 4-1 lead, and setting a historic negative record for Barcelona in Europe, a record he himself surpassed the next season. To put things into context, Roma is barely making the EL places this season.

Your mixing of contexts is so unnecessary, I don't know why you do it. After all these months, you're still holding onto the Roma argument as if it holds any ground lol. Roma 17/18 is a completely different team on every level to what they were this year. Them not making CL spots this year is completely normal after losing one of the best GKs in the world, their midfield engine and all else just getting older. By all intents and purposes they made the semis on very similar motivational high as Ajax did, despite being a bit older and less systematic.
The only statement that should be made is that EV should have done better and shouldn't have let the meltdown happen. Which he obviously shouldn't. The rest about Roma's relative level through the years isn't true or important. Teams often change from month to month, much less from season to season.

As for Allegri.. I partly agree, but I feel like you've got this tick that any comparison that doesn't automatically criticise EV is meant to flatter him. Lol, no? Both are totally flawed. No need to look for their positions on a spectrum or anything. No point resolving which one is worse or better. Both aren't fit for purpose of securing ties against European opposition.

What Allegri had going for him was lots of positive momentum in Europe when the team was peaking between 2015-2017. They've moved on from Pirlo and kept the CBs from Conte setup who were at the top of their game. Dybala broke through to add more flavour. But their window wasn't ever going to last long if he didn't make changes. And he didn't. Last year they were very close to being out to Spurs and got brutally exposed at home while only coming back into the tie as a function of RM 17/18 complacency. Allegri as a coach and manager hasn't learned a thing since that 2017 final. They got completely duped into buying an old finisher who is looking for easy silverware and lax tax laws. Accommodating him came at a massive cost to their other plans. Smart free-transfer buys don't happen for CBs. One Cancelo doesn't fix their issues. Same sorts of stories as you hear at Barca.

Home of Barca Fans