Juventus

ejuventus

today I attended the yearly shareholders' meeting

Inside Juventus Stadium, with president Agnelli and all managers.
I got a picture with Nedved and talked to him ("you had to continue in 2009").

Interesting experience.

ejuventus

Big change is coming:

Juventus pass from Nike to ADIDAS starting from season 2015/16.
The german mark wiil give to Juventus a total of 139 mln € for 6 years, plus different bonus for a maximum of 190 mln € ..... that'd be more than 30 mln € per year, more than the double of Nike.

I personally celebrate about that, giving that Nike has always made poor shirts, without class and style.
We need a european sensibility and taste.

R

Ryu Hayabusa

Seems like Roma and Garcia are giving Juventus a run for their money this season. Though lacking in individual class compared to Juve, Garcia's tactics seem to be untouchable atm. Will be interesting to see how that will work out in the end.
I even dare say, Roma could potentially be the next Dortmund, especially in terms of pushing modern day football into a new direction tactical-wise, or at least influence it a bit.

ejuventus

I would like to hear from a Juve fan about how they feel about Conte's recent formation change, is it a good thing or not?

Everybody was expecting it, and me in particular: I've always hated 352.
we don't even have the right players to do it, and anyway it is not a modern style of the game.
We had become predictable and slow, not able to make pressing and to create goal chances, all the contrary of the first Conte's years.

Unfortunately, Conte, who is strong-headed, didn't want to try alternative modules during the summer, and buy relative players neither.....so we don't have many chances to change either. But every try is now welcome

Seems like Roma and Garcia are giving Juventus a run for their money this season. Though lacking in individual class compared to Juve, Garcia's tactics seem to be untouchable atm. Will be interesting to see how that will work out in the end.
I even dare say, Roma could potentially be the next Dortmund, especially in terms of pushing modern day football into a new direction tactical-wise, or at least influence it a bit.
Well done by Garcia and Roma so far........but it's early to say further: their play till now has been essentially defence-and-counter attacks

We're far away from the great Borussia's football and the great skills of their players.
We'll see.

XaviMessiGirl

According to the papers, the 3-5-2 is back for the match today. Conte :lol: To be fair, I think it can still be a viable formation in certain situations but not in practically every match. It was smart to switch it up against a quicker team like Madrid, but even in the league it doesn't make sense to be so rigid, especially with the form of a lot of the key players right now.

ejuventus

I know this pointless to many but did you know Juve are named after a greek goddess Hebe and Juventas is the roman equivalent :D

Hebe is the greek goddess of the youth, but juventus is simply the commun latin word to say "youth"
In Italy many old sport clubs have latin name.

But Juventus is not a goddess and a latin word neither....... Juventus is just Juventus ! ;)

Darko

Hebe is the greek goddess of the youth, but juventus is simply the commun latin word to say "youth"
In Italy many old sport clubs have latin name.

But Juventus is not a goddess and a latin word neither....... Juventus is just Juventus ! ;)

Why are Juve called the Old Lady?
Its been bugging me for ages now!

ejuventus

Why are Juve called the Old Lady?
Its been bugging me for ages now!

I think it's supposed to be ironic, since Juventus means youth.

it's a good question.....XMG's is not the right answer.

the nickname "Old Lady" was applied first during last century 30's, to the mythic quinquennial Juve (5 titles in a row from 1931 to 1935)
simply because the average age fo the squad was high for that time standard.

most Juventus supporters are not able to answer to. Myself, I discovered recently also.

aaron101

l-1583.jpg

Same goes for Dortmund when it comes to buying talented players in a very cheap price.

ejuventus

l-1583.jpg

Same goes for Dortmund when it comes to buying talented players in a very cheap price.

our general manager, Mr. Marotta, has been criticized for many things......but honestly what you notice is quite remarkable

Today it's official: new contract for Vidal.... until 2017 :beer2:

Home of Barca Fans