Juan Miranda

God Serena

I am also worried about that or even worse Lenglet or Roberto as LB :facepalm:

What does “he will be called when needed” even mean? So he’ll basically only play when Alba is rested and if he gets injured during the game Miranda won’t be there to cover for him since you can’t anticipate that.

What is with people here dreading the worst case scenario at all times? When Bravo was here we *needed* two world class goalkeepers in case the starter suffers a major injury. When Mina was on the bench we *needed* to play him in case all our other CB options suddenly lost their legs. And now we *need* to have a solid backup jacking off on the bench every week in case Alba gets injured mid-match. Give me a break! :lol:

El Flaco

[tw]1027655048678068225[/tw]

Says the club won't sign a left-back. Valverde will choose Juan Miranda when needed.

hulinat

So he will be Alba's backup next season and Cucu will go on loan? Doesn't this mean that Miranda will be on bench every game in case Alba gets injured?

God Serena

So he will be Alba's backup next season and Cucu will go on loan? Doesn't this mean that Miranda will be on bench every game in case Alba gets injured?

He'll be with Barca B unless Valverde plans on using him. If Alba gets injured mid-game we just so happen to have not one, not two, but three CBs who are left footed, so it should be fine.

raki

He'll be with Barca B unless Valverde plans on using him. If Alba gets injured mid-game we just so happen to have not one, not two, but three CBs who are left footed, so it should be fine.

Semedo can play there if needed.

Or we bet on La Masia or we dont.

Miranda is gonna be a star. Same goes for Wague.

God Serena

Semedo can play there if needed.

Or we bet on La Masia or we dont.

Miranda is gonna be a star. Same goes for Wague.

Miranda riding the bench just in case Alba gets injured isn't betting on La Masia, it's halting his development. He'll be fine being called up for the easier games that Digne would normally have played.

I honestly don't expect Wague to even make the first team. World Cup hype is very powerful, but in the end it means nothing.

Raketa10

Miranda riding the bench just in case Alba gets injured isn't betting on La Masia, it's halting his development. He'll be fine being called up for the easier games that Digne would normally have played.

I honestly don't expect Wague to even make the first team. World Cup hype is very powerful, but in the end it means nothing.

I don’t think he will develop much while playing in a third tier competition. Too bad they got relegated, Segunda is way more serious competition. I really hope Valverde will use him more than Digne was used last season. IMHO 10-15 games for A team and 20-25 for B team would be great for him.

Last edited:

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
I don’t think he will develop much while playing in a third tier competition. Too bad they got relegated, segunda is way more serious competition. I really hope Valverde will use him more than Digne was used last season.

It doesn't matter.

Pedro, Busquets and other players came through to the 1st team after playing in the 3rd and even 4th tier. The level of the competition is overrated, it all depends on the manager and if he can able to form the player and his mentality into one that's ready to contribute for the 1st team and after that it's the 1st team manager's responsibility to develop him further.

FC433

This is much better than promoting him. Playing 25-30 games for Barça B and 10-15 games for the first team would be ideal.

Still sad about Cucu leaving without getting a first team chance though. :(

Cucu deserved to be called yesterday. He also should have trained with the first team instead of Miranda the past week. It is not about his quality, it is just how you say thank you for staying despite receiving offers.

khaled_a_d

I don’t think he will develop much while playing in a third tier competition. Too bad they got relegated, Segunda is way more serious competition. I really hope Valverde will use him more than Digne was used last season. IMHO 10-15 games for A team and 20-25 for B team would be great for him.

Look at history, players has always developed way better in 3rd division than 2nd division in all Spanish clubs. B teams in 2nd division always meant a less development.
Segunda is an awful league for reserve teams, players who develop there are usually with 1st teams not B teams.

Raketa10

Cucu deserved to be called yesterday. He also should have trained with the first team instead of Miranda the past week. It is not about his quality, it is just how you say thank you for staying despite receiving offers.

Better player should always be included and that’s Miranda. Valverde undoubtedly made the right decision.

Look at history, players has always developed way better in 3rd division than 2nd division in all Spanish clubs. B teams in 2nd division always meant a less development.
Segunda is an awful league for reserve teams, players who develop there are usually with 1st teams not B teams.

Maybe you are right we’ll see.

God Serena

So fuck who our best prospect is, we should have kept Cucu with the first team over Miranda as a thank you?

What a joke :lol:

Home of Barca Fans