Juan Miranda

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Miranda was clearly one of the best players on the pitch along with Rafinha and Arthur. He made several incredible plays and passes in one half alone, a fearless performance on his debut.

Great talent, IMO he should be promoted and used as Alba's backup for sure. Cucu is not at this level and we need someone with Digne leaving.

Andrew M

I think i'm in the minority when I say that i was not that impressed by him. I couldn't watch the match live, but on the highlights he doesn't seem very athletic and seems to choose to play passes rather than attack the flank

Raketa10

So is he going to be promoted instead of Cucu?

Think it's better for him to play with barca b every week than riding the bench with the senior team.

I don’t agree, it’s better to play 15 games for A team than entire season in the third tier competition.

Last edited:

God Serena

I think i'm in the minority when I say that i was not that impressed by him. I couldn't watch the match live, but on the highlights he doesn't seem very athletic and seems to choose to play passes rather than attack the flank

So basically, you didn't like him because he's not a young version of Alba.

Andrew M

So basically, you didn't like him because he's not a young version of Alba.

Well he made some nice big switches and played that nice ball in behind the defence, but the best FBs today are great attacking weapons like Marcelo, Alaba, Walker, Felipe Luis....

Have a look at minute 1:15. He could be more aggressive but plays safe passes.

I still advocate his being Alba's backup, though, instead of buying a Digne replacement.

Zebulun

what really impressed me was his intelligence, he know when to go forward and when to stay back. under pressure he did well. i know its one match we're judging on but Cucu was a complete mess in that second half. Miranda seemingly isnt as fast as cucu/alba but he makes up for it with technique and intelligence. lets continue to watch them for the other friendlies and see if these points remain. maybe cucu just had a bad match and maybe miranda just had the match of his life.

God Serena

Well he made some nice big switches and played that nice ball in behind the defence, but the best FBs today are great attacking weapons like Marcelo, Alaba, Walker, Felipe Luis....

Have a look at minute 1:15. He could be more aggressive but plays safe passes.

I still advocate his being Alba's backup, though, instead of buying a Digne replacement.

He didn't put in a foot wrong. His long balls and switches were exactly what we needed almost every time he went for them. He didn't attack the defense the way you'd expect Alba to but that just meant he was in position to help our defense, which meant that not only was he creating chances on goal with his passing, but on our end we weren't threatened by Spurs at all.

If you're seriously not impressed by such a performance I really don't know what to say.

Andrew M

He didn't put in a foot wrong. His long balls and switches were exactly what we needed almost every time he went for them. He didn't attack the defense the way you'd expect Alba to but that just meant he was in position to help our defense, which meant that not only was he creating chances on goal with his passing, but on our end we weren't threatened by Spurs at all.

If you're seriously not impressed by such a performance I really don't know what to say.

I think to be a great FB you need to be aggressive and the opposition need to fear your runs and overlaps

Joan

Maybe it's just me, but I've always liked more defensive minded FBs. But Andrew's kind of right, there were situations I was asking myself why didn't he attack the flank. Will come with time, I suppose, was his debut match - probably wanted to keep things clean. Great one, imo.

henias

Oh my god, people need to chill out. Comparing him with Marcelo etc. lmao. He's done great and it's just one match. He's obviously not trying to do crazy stuff just yet, and I really like his switches and long passes for a change. Alba himself is very predictable with his short passes and weak crosses at times. Miranda is one of the few that really impressed me to be honest. Probably will see more of his attacking prowess as he gains more momentum and confidence. He cant try too hard to show everything in one match and impress for the sake of impressing. He's focused on the fundamentals and teamplay and has done very well. Simple as that.

Home of Barca Fans