Juan Miranda

khaled_a_d

Well, its not like Firpo has shown anything of real quality yet. He has been very disappointing and costed 30m. And there is no signs that he can eventually can take over Alba or challenge him. He is only a backup who will get maybe 10 games a season if the LB is healthy.

Clear backup roles should be for La Masia players, spend money where it matters.

I would take Firpo over Miranda, and even if he is worse it means we bought the wrong player not that we made a wrong decision regarding Miranda.
We counted on him last year, and it ended up badly. Kid is just not ready.
We ended up overplaying Alba and despite having great season, he ended it poorly.
Last year Alba played 4510 minutes, 510 minutes more than 17/18 season despite him playing less minutes in CDR & Super cup.
We should have never repeated that mistake, and may be Firpo improves

Messi983

Had another solid game against Wolfsburg. Unluckily they have just one more game before the winter break but hopefully Miranda has shown enough to get more playing time when injured players will return as well.

Also, can't believe people are giving up on Firpo after 4 months.

Messi983

Sport says he doesn't want to stay at Schalke next season. Not surprising. Should have been loaned out to a La Liga team last summer anyway. Or maybe to Eredivisie like Oriol Busquets.

xXKonan

I would say his time in Germany has been a waste.

Some of the Schalke fans say the only reason he's playing more is due to injuries as they shuffled Oczipka to CB due to injuries at CB. He's had his moments but it seems he's not been impressive enough, to say the least.

Porque

He might turn into an ok player in his mid 20's but he just doesn't seem to have the mentality to bring it at the top level.

One of those who we just need to let him go his way and let him navigate his career at his own pace.

Andresito

Staff member
Yeah he never showed anything impressive at senior level. I don't know what he's above-average at.

vuji_31

This guy is so untalented that i hate to see him anywhere near Barca. His best is belgium league

Home of Barca Fans