Josko Gvardiol

Porque

Yeah, they are financially doping themselves, which isn't really a problem if the bedouins want to pump their own money into their own clubs and fight over tall buildings between eachother.

But what usually happens is they will loan the money to the club, and have the club pay it back to themselves with interest. So free money.

Well we already know that the City group also filtered it through their own shell sponsorships.

But anyways, my bigger issue with Pep is that he likes to make it sound like they can't compete for signings and have a limited budget, then goes out and get's anything he wants :lol:

Ass.

Last edited:

fergus90

I said it after their CL win and some people thought I was having a dig, but i was just stating fact. He’s able to get any player he wants every summer at City.

No transfer really has much at stake, because if they flop the next top promising player comes in.

A Barca and Bayern he had much less margin for error in the transfer market.

BJJ

Yeah, they are financially doping themselves, which isn't really a problem if the bedouins want to pump their own money into their own clubs and fight over tall buildings between eachother.

But what usually happens is they will loan the money to the club, and have the club pay it back to themselves with interest. So free money.

Well we already know that the City group also filtered it through their own shell sponsorships.

But anyways, my bigger issue with Pep is that he likes to make it sound like they can't compete for signings and have a limited budget, then goes out and get's anything he wants :lol:

Ass.
Pep is a fantastic coach but as a person he often times comes across as insincere and fake. I prefer Lucho in that regard. More genuine and authentic person.
Pep pretending that City are some mid tier club hamstrung by finances is fucking insulting to everyones intelligence.
He has pretty much got every player he's wanted.

Jenks

I said it after their CL win and some people thought I was having a dig, but i was just stating fact. He’s able to get any player he wants every summer at City.

No transfer really has much at stake, because if they flop the next top promising player comes in.

A Barca and Bayern he had much less margin for error in the transfer market.
If he could get anyone he wanted then where is Mbappe? Why couldn't they get Bellingham?

Don Juan Laporta Estruch

If he could get anyone he wanted then where is Mbappe? Why couldn't they get Bellingham

Financially speaking Fergus is right. They can afford anyone they want. But I think people forget a nuance when it comes to City and the transfer market.

Nobody really wants to play for City or dreams about it. They are not going to be anyone's first choice destination. The ONLY superstar they have ever bought was Haaland and they would have had no chance of getting him if his dad hadn't played for City. I would argue that the rest of their signing were almost second tier at the time and none of the historic super clubs were competitors for their signing in the past.

Bellingham is a recent case in point, rejected them for Madrid and probably would've preferred a move to Liverpool over them as well. You ask, where is Mbappe? They would love Mbappe but he would never come because he has super club alternatives.

They are significantly hampered by this actually. It actually strengthens the case for Pep being the GOAT manager. He's essentially had to buy players who are a step below being world class and has improved them all in to finally becoming world class.

fergus90

If he could get anyone he wanted then where is Mbappe? Why couldn't they get Bellingham?
Jenks, you know I was talking in financial terms. Of course, they still have to sell the idea of the club to the player but that really shouldn't need explaining should it.

However, just in case you're genuinely geographically challenged, Mbappe is currently located in Paris, France. Jude will be moving to Madrid, Spain.

Home of Barca Fans