Joshua Kimmich

Everytime I see Kimmich play I just wish he could've been there in a midfield with Xavi and Iniesta.

Those three would complement each other so well, Kimmich being the DM sitting slightly deeper than Xavi and Iniesta. I think it would deliver some of the most awesome midfield plays of all time.

I actually like him more forward or with a 6/8 partner. He is too good with his offensive contributions to work deeper. Defensively with a partner like Goretzka - that can bring in a little more muscle since the break last season but is good in both boxes, too - is fine, too.

Andresito

Staff member
Everytime I see Kimmich play I just wish he could've been there in a midfield with Xavi and Iniesta.

Those three would complement each other so well, Kimmich being the DM sitting slightly deeper than Xavi and Iniesta. I think it would deliver some of the most awesome midfield plays of all time.

Yeah a shame we didn't have a player to complete Xavi and Iniesta all these years..

olivis

I want Kimmich in Barcelona so badly.

He is the perfect copy of Xavi, and defensively also so strong.

I know he is well outside our financial reach but maybe in 2022 after we have stadium revenue.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
I want Kimmich in Barcelona so badly.

He is the perfect copy of Xavi, and defensively also so strong.

I know he is well outside our financial reach but maybe in 2022 after we have stadium revenue.

Bayern will never let him go. Nor will he leave Bayern. The only way out for a Bayern player who is German is you are too old to play effectively for them.

fergus90

He’s unbelievable, legitimately world class in two positions. But yeah a proper midfield orchestrator and also fantastic at passing between the lines as his assist numbers show.

Yannik

Yeah admittingly, this guy is more talented than any legendary outfield player we had since Matthaeus. Usually Germany is a team with class spread on all positions, and of course that is still the case. But we rarely ever had that one player that is individually just at a whole different level than anyone else on the team.

Andresito

Staff member
Contract is out in 2023. There's a small chance he'll feel he has accomplished everything with Bayern then, although I doubt it.

Messi983

He'll be 28 at that time but would still take him tbh. There is no way Bayern will let his contract expire though. They'll probably extend his contract or if he'd want to leave (unlikely) then they'll probably sell him next year for more than we'd be able to pay. I'm sure if he'd be available Pep would be all over him and Kimmich would also prefer to play for him again over signing for us.

Home of Barca Fans