Josep Maria Bartomeu

mecka

In 5 years destroyed all values, good name, turned all neutrals and many supporters against the club, will be very hard to recover from this trash.

blaugrana1987

It's funny to watch how many people hate barcelona at this point. Maybe not even hate, I think we got to the point where we are football laughingstock.

blaugrana1987

Bartomeu knows that he is hated and regarded as the worst president in Barcelona history. However, he did not also want to go down as the president who let Messi go.

As he had nothing to lose, he took on a firm non-negotiating stance. i.e. If Messi left, they would go to court.

No club was willing to take on the risk of having to pay hundreds millions of euros compensation 4 years down the line, in case the court case was lost. It was simply not worth it just to have Messi for one year (he will be free at the end of next year).

Bartomeu won this battle and Messi lost. Hopefully Barcelona also comes out a winner.

I do not expect Bartomeu to resign, unless the Catalan police accusations are serious. In which case, he would have no choice.
Barcelona definitely lost this battle. Club looks like Mas Que Un Turd more then Mas Que Un Club with each passing day. Its just that alot of socios and supporters live in a bubble where they think 33 year old GOAT who gave entire football life to Barcelona being held "hostage" for 9 more months against his will will somehow turn this into good situation. This is irreversible damage.

raskolnikov

A new president will be looking to reinstall the values barca us famous of and barto destroyed.
Its possible to put barca back on track, add in a good sporting project and we can get back. But it will take time.

We cant get lower than this. If at some point it turns out barto was an undercover madridista mole I would not be surprised.

JamDav1982

A new president will be looking to reinstall the values barca us famous of and barto destroyed.
Its possible to put barca back on track, add in a good sporting project and we can get back. But it will take time.

We cant get lower than this. If at some point it turns out barto was an undercover madridista mole I would not be surprised.

The main values that need to be put back in place are on the playing side.

Energetic team, younger team led by coach with full authority.

Hopefully Koeman can go a long way to intalling that before most likely moves on next summer.

blaugrana1987

Hopefully Koeman can go a long way to intalling that before most likely moves on next summer.
Keep telling that to yourself...Club can go winless, but still look classy. We look like Mas Que Un Turd with each minute that passes and these retards are at helm.

Richard.H

I think our problems are a lot deeper than the playing side. There is corruption in the board and how we treat players and staff members. The weird valverde firing, messi soap opera, shady Brazilian deals, it's all a bit too much. Next board has a very tough task of hopefully removing everyone that's deep in Barto's pocket. The team cannot play at their best when there's so much drama upstairs.

snowy

:goodpost: :pique1:

This shot caller Barthface makes Al Capone look a choir boy. If he was jailed at Sing Sing, he'd end up running it with half the other prisoners on death row begging for an early exit.

https://www.espn.com/soccer/barcelona/story/4032831/the-way-barca-dismissed-valverde-is-indefensible-and-setiens-cruyffian-ideals-are-no-guarantee-of-success

For example, this is the man who was vice-president and consigliere to the regime when Eric Abidal, having been publicly promised he'd get a new contract the moment he was back ready to play after a liver transplant to beat cancer, was then unceremoniously shown the door as soon as he won his battle and got fit. This is also the man who sacked his director of football, Andoni Zubizarreta, halfway through a season in which his Zubizarreta-assembled squad would go on to win a glorious Treble culminating in the 3-1 Champions League final victory over Juventus.

Zubizarreta's crime? In 2014, when the Camp Nou crowd booed the giant screen upon which members of the Barca board were congratulating Lionel Messi on scoring his 253rd La Liga goal, which made him the all-time top scorer in that competition, Bartomeu needed a sacrificial lamb so he could convince himself and the media that it was not he who was being booed. So, out with the Zubi-goose who had laid the golden eggs -- in fact, half a dozen of them.
:lol: I mean, how insecure can a guy get?

Vilarrubi

With Barto it seems to be all about himself and his image. Constantly contradicting and pretending things are fine when they're not just so it looks like his board is doing a great job.

ryuken

I hope the next president cut ties with sport and mundo, they are getting even worse than marca when it comes to Barca

otherpitt33

He got the job on a technicality, committed crimes throughout and now is being done for corruption!

Should be chucked in prison as well and the entire system should be question for succession.

Situation at FCB looks less flexible than a corporate/privately owned team.

Home of Barca Fans