Josep Maria Bartomeu

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
It really is embarrassing that we can make a whole XI of failed transfer targets this summer and that they would actually form a better team than our starting XI!

I am skeptical about the reports that we were interested in signing the goal keeper Ederson...... But still, the rest of the team is actually better than us player by player except for Messi and may be inclusion of Busi! They would actually defeat our strongest XI, this is embarrassing!!

---------------------Ederson
--Belllerin--Inigo-------------Sanchez--Theo Hernandez
----------Verratti----------------Seri
---------------------Ceballos
----Mahrez----------Dybala------------Coutinho

jamrock

We were never going to her most of those guys to be honest,

Bellerin
Theo
Verratti
Cebellos
Dybala.

Sanchez was a fail before this summer.
Mahrez isn't Barca material.

jamrock

It's not about x name or y. It's about the lack of clear planning by these guys since Tito was appointed coach they have just been making it up as they go along.

Forget that, they didn't go in for Isco in his Malaga day despite him being an open Barcelona fan, he's still a bench player for RM, he would've been starting for us, they couldn't lock up a deal for Cabellos who signed for RM and will most likely be loaned out or 4th-5th choice for them, we were offered Kroos as his agent said it was his preferred destination we passed on that, Asensio was going for 5M, but we tried lowballing Mallorca and offered 4M and they told us to f off and sold him to RM, we let Thaigo contract drop from 90M to 20M because we failed to honor the mins put into his contract, we tried lowballing RSO for Martinez they told us to f off, letting Grimaldo go who's doing quite well at Benfica, failing to secure an Alves replacement. This team would've been still good had we gotten one of if not possbily both Thaigo/Kroos, Isco, Asensio, Martinez and Grimaldo. Instead they gave us Paulinho, Gomes, Paco, Deulofeu, Douglas, Digne, Vidal and Turan.

I'm bloody lost for words.

jamrock

Forget that, they didn't go in for Isco in his Malaga day despite him being an open Barcelona fan, he's still a bench player for RM, he would've been starting for us, they couldn't lock up a deal for Cabellos who signed for RM and will most likely be loaned out or 4th-5th choice for them, we were offered Kroos as his agent said it was his preferred destination we passed on that, Asensio was going for 5M, but we tried lowballing Mallorca and offered 4M and they told us to f off and sold him to RM, we let Thaigo contract drop from 90M to 20M because we failed to honor the mins put into his contract, we tried lowballing RSO for Martinez they told us to f off, letting Grimaldo go who's doing quite well at Benfica, failing to secure an Alves replacement. This team would've been still good had we gotten one of if not possbily both Thaigo/Kroos, Isco, Asensio, Martinez and Grimaldo. Instead they gave us Paulinho, Gomes, Paco, Deulofeu, Douglas, Digne, Vidal and Turan.

This is more like it

Let me add to this,

Thaigo free (youth)
Grimaldo free (youth)

Isco 35-40M
Kroos 20-25M (not needed if we had Thaigo, but a possibility our luxury buy)
Martinez 30-35M
Cabellos 15M
Asensio 5M

Total spent - 100-120M

What we got:

Paulinho 40M
Gomes 45-50M
Paco 30-35M
Douglas 5-10M
Digne 15-20M
Vidal 15-20M
Turan 25-30M

Total Spent - 180-200M

On players who shouldn't be anywhere near this squad.

PS: I still have a little faith in Paco

Really? When was the agreement announced first? July 5th, that was two months ago. With all media talking about Messi not willing to sign the agreement right after Neymar's departure, and recently Laporta and Benedito (Board's enemies) saying we are going to lose Messi, why do you think the club still couldn't manage to sign him? the club has been lying about everything this summer, and I think there are more issues related to Messi's contract extension.

"With all media talking about Messi not willing to sign the agreement right after Neymar's departure"
Im gonna need a link for this. appreciate it if someone has it.

Laporta and Benedito saying we are gonna lose Messi is just a cheap strategy to get the current board out so they can cow the milk, so i would take what they say with a grain of salt.

Last I read from the media, about 2 weeks ago, Messi was seen smiling and sharing with Bartomeu at the FIFA player of the year award ceremony.
It's not the first time Messi has taken a long time to sign a new contract, and it's usually about money and nothing else.

Don't believe all the hype. Messi will retire at Barca or will finish at least his top career at the club.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Unknowngenius10 is one of those guys who would vilify Messi and hail the board if Messi ever decided to leave and blamed Bartomeu and co.

George_Costanza

"With all media talking about Messi not willing to sign the agreement right after Neymar's departure"
Im gonna need a link for this. appreciate it if someone has it.

Laporta and Benedito saying we are gonna lose Messi is just a cheap strategy to get the current board out so they can cow the milk, so i would take what they say with a grain of salt.

Last I read from the media, about 2 weeks ago, Messi was seen smiling and sharing with Bartomeu at the FIFA player of the year award ceremony.
It's not the first time Messi has taken a long time to sign a new contract, and it's usually about money and nothing else.

Don't believe all the hype. Messi will retire at Barca or will finish at least his top career at the club.

Rubbish!
"I'm gonna need a link for this" That's your answer? OK, I'm going to need a link where it says Messi has signed the contract. The burden should be on the club to prove that Messi is committing on signing, not the other way around. How are you suppose to be a genius?

Also, if you think Benedito and Laporta are using cheap strategy what do you have to say about Roberto and Soler, both lied about many things including Coutinho and Verratti transfers so what they said about Messi's commitment, I would take it with a pinch of salt too. It's well documented that Messi wanted to leave in 2014 and it was Tito who convinced him to stay (MD, TV3, and RAC1 reporting the incident), And he wanted to leave again in 2016 after tax fraud issues MD reported and TV3 had a documentary released about it.

You are truly a reactive thinker, no wonder you like this board!

Home of Barca Fans