Josep Maria Bartomeu

Muttu

Sevilla sports director Monchi (46) will be part of the candidacy of Benedito, who will run for Barcelona president in 2016 elections. [csr]

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Guy who ran in previous elections and lost.
Did he get 5 percent even btw.?

Obviously realized he stands no chance so tries to ride on someone elses back.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Who's Benedito?

Agusti Benedito, ran for elections in 2010, but lost. Was a part of Laporta's original board which won in 2003 as well, but resigned in 2009 after finding out that Laporta was involved in some shady stuff.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Man, I sure hope someone else turns up besides these recycled losers.
Who's next, clown Sala i Martin?

Irish_Cules

I wonder what Monchi would be like at Barca? It's a very different challenge than being at Sevilla where he is has to find hidden gems for cheap. That's undoubtedly his best quality but at Barca he'd be given vast amounts of money to spend and would be under pressure to make big signings. I'd be confident in him doing a good job but it's not like he can apply his exact methodology from Sevilla to one of the biggest clubs in the world.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Guy who ran in previous elections and lost.
Did he get 5 percent even btw.?

Obviously realized he stands no chance so tries to ride on someone elses back.

Official result (99,17% counted): Rosell 61,4%, Benedito 14,1%, Ingla 12,2% and Ferrer 10,8%.

Muttu

2016 presidential candidate Benedito has talked with Sevilla's Monchi (46), who would replace Zubizaretta if Benedito is elected. [esportiu]

F

Flavia

Sport has a piece on the mistake that costed Freixa his position. It's quite bizarre.
In short, Freixa forgot to add to the agenda of tomorrow's assembly the sponsorship contracts of Beko and Intel. The club legal team is trying to add all relevant info to the agenda.

According to the club statutes, the sponsorship contracts have to be validated by the socios, during the assembly. And Beko and Intel validations are not in tomorrow's agenda. So, if until tomorrow, the legal team can't find a way to put them in the agenda, any soci can challenge those contracts and have them nulified. If that happens, the solution is to call another assembly in 30 days, to try to solve this.

A mess. I wonder how those guys got there. They are amateurs. They just can't be reelected.

Stric

Good guy Freixa - excluding the sponsorship contracts from the agenda so socis can nullify them. :worthy:

Home of Barca Fans