Josep Maria Bartomeu

Neymessi

I don't think people realized this, but Barto intentionally made that decision one day before resigning to send out a message for the future that before resigning he took a decision that would be considered visionary some years later, in his opinion that is.

gregorrin10

When will we know the date of elections? Is there any deadline?

32 days minimum, 3 months max. We should have a new president/Board until the end of January at the latest, hopefully at least a few weeks sooner so the new Board could maybe still get some business done in the winter transfer window, since I'm sure both Laporta/Font will have a lot of ideas they'll want to start implementing as soon as possible.

malvolio

32 days minimum, 3 months max. We should have a new president/Board until the end of January at the latest, hopefully at least a few weeks sooner so the new Board could maybe still get some business done in the winter transfer window, since I'm sure both Laporta/Font will have a lot of ideas they'll want to start implementing as soon as possible.

unless they bring money from their own pockets(impossible with the current rules in place) then i don't think we'll transfer anything of note in january.

also, "Laporta/Font will have a lot of ideas" this sounds very optimistic. the bartomeu tenure might have had the CL humiliations, but on bringing revenue they did pretty good. it's the whole neymar saga(how we bought him and what we did after selling him) that fucked us big time.

not so sure about these ideas that laporta/font might have as we don't have a golden generation waiting in la masia to be used and a pep guardiola on the bench. laporta didn't have brilliant ideas back then, actually rosell was the mastermind on the economic front.

in the end these are just businessmen that run the club as politicians. if the club was theirs to own, maybe we would have seen a different approach. but right now i'm not expecting anything spectacular other than maybe getting lucky with a manager and transfers.

Vilarrubi

ElaRQFdXYAAHiQr

Devils

[@fansjavimiguel | Elections on December 19 & 20 is the proposal that is on the table of the Management Board. The next option, January 9 & 10 is also valued, but it would make things difficult for incoming board to close the signings and transfers in the winter market.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
We don't need any hasty decisions or signings for the January window, I'd rather the new president and board take the time to settle in and get up to speed as they should and properly prepare for next summer instead.

soul24rage

We don't need any hasty decisions or signings for the January window, I'd rather the new president and board take the time to settle in and get up to speed as they should and properly prepare for next summer instead.

+1, the new president should really do an audit of the club to find out exactly what they are dealing with.

George_Costanza

I think preparation should start from now for each candidate. So Jan is a good window to buy and mostly sell but not dramatic changes.

Changes should happen in few windows not just the summer.

Home of Barca Fans