Josep Maria Bartomeu

Clockwise

Buccaneer
I think ppl are overreacting. Right now there is no one capable of replacing Bartomeu. Be careful with the fake news and propaganda coming from Laporta and his team. Last season, most cules were happy with the team we had. Neymar, Messi, and Suarez all underperformed, and i dont think bartomeu should be blamed for that. We got Gomes, whom everyone was so happy to have, especially cause we stole it from madrid.

I really hope this is just a bait, otherwise...I'm biting anyway. Right now there are people that are better than Bartomeu with actual Club interest at heart, unlike Bartomeu. To give a list off the top of my head, Benedito, Laporta and Victor Font come to mind.

Benedito is an actual moral man whose heart is in the right place and he is smart as well. He loves the club and even tho he may not have as much charisma as Laporta, he definitely care MUCH more about the club than Bartomeu and his clan. He is the only one to actually stand up for the club and make a move when he saw the club in shambles when everyone was staying silent. He was working with a successful Barca under Laporta and actually making shit happen, but towards the end of Laporta's time, he resigned after seeing some people in the club were getting near to political figures in Uzbekistan. He saw this as grounds for conflict of interest for Barca and didnt stand for it. I would defo have him as club president.

Laporta doesn't need me to talk about him, he cares alot about the interests of the club and actually is a Cruyffista with charisma. Club started to flourish under him after he received a Barca in distress and took major steps to make things right. He didn't have a good presidential campaign in 2015 and we all paid for it; But he is aware of his mistakes then and I hope he doesn't repeat them. Some put him down for his partying ways and shit, but I prefer a guy like him to Bartomeu any day. He really needs to join arms with Benedito.

Victor Font is another Cruyffista that also has deep Barca interests at heart, his presidential plan consists of a range of plans from near future to transitioning and next generation. He has a different revenue plan for Barca compared to how Barto is sticking to us, and insists on socios being more active in contrast to Rosell and Barto's idea that the club cant be a very democratic thing (this is in a BBC documentary about the club, check this out, your jaw will drop). His predictions about club's financial levels in achieving footballing goals falling behind the likes of Bayern, RM and United came true. He believes in investing in scouts and thats a very bright spot in his plans. He is not a tested replacement but I still prefer him to Bartomeu.

These guys were just on top of my head, if we look around we may find other candidates as well.

As for signings, I'm sorry but most of Barto's signings are shady af, idk how gomes was received here in the forum when we signed him, but I was not too excited. We are buying too much from Valencia and they are not Barca lvl players. One cant close his eyes on the connections Valencia owner has to places that interests Bartomeu. It has much more to do with business and less to do with football. I dont care if RM wanted him or not, he is not a player that Barca needs right now.
If you count Gomes as a "good" signing of Barto's era, also take a look at Arda, Doulas for 6 mil when we could get Asensio for 4 mil and when we were his first option. Missing on Isco, even tho he publicly went out and said he wanted to play for Barca. It was mainly in Rosell's era, but Barto is rosell's yes man anyway and has the same track record of missing on talent. We are offering these mid table level player lucrative deals and thats one of the main reason we cant offload them. other clubs cant afford to pay their unreasonable wages if they agree to buy a player of their lvl in the first place.

Barto loudly took on "Operation Verratti" and "Operation Ceballos" failed miserably in both and yet wants all the credit in Dembele's signing, even tho I am fairly certain we would not be getting him, if the player himself didn't pull THIS HARD for us. And then there is how the whole Neymar fiasco was handled.
I'm not going to enter how he has handled La Masia, And how he has treated the club legends because this post has gotten too long already.

All this is just to begin with, if we close our eyes on how terrible he has managed club's image, and how shady he has used the club's name. It is easy to call everything fake news, But take in mind Barto is in a position to manipulate the narrative, And yet several people with club's interest at heart are coming out to speak against him. I have lost any trust I have for Bartomeu. He needs to go, no matter the signings we may have this summer.

I have well enough written a wall of text here and still have not even scratched the surface for the reasons Bartomeu needs to go.

Last edited:
You have some good points, but I just wanted to point out a few things that stuck out that might be clouding how you see Bartomeu.

let me start with these ones:
"We are buying too much from Valencia and they are not Barca lvl players"

During the Pep Guardiola era, we bought alot from Arsenal. You know why he kept buying? Well, there are many reasons,
but at the end of the day you gotta work with the approval of a coach. Clubs don't usually just buy players for their first team without the approval of the manager. Maybe some presidents do that, but it is not standard.
How many failed signings during Peps era?

"how gomes was received here in the forum when we signed him, but I was not too excited"
that's fine, we all have opinions. But I follow both Spanish and English forums and people were ecstatic, especially since we beat Madrid to it, although we probably did offer more money for him. I still remember when we found out Gomes' dad was a huger Barca fan. We loved him! People here were thinking of another treble with the team we had.

"Arda, Doulas for 6 mil when we could get Asensio for 4 mil and when we were his first option"
Arda was a request by Luis Enrique.

"Doulas for 6 mil when we could get Asensio for 4 mil "
I think this was during the Zubizzareta era, same era where Isco was let go to Madrid. this has nothing to do with the current president.

"Barto loudly took on "Operation Verratti" and "Operation Ceballos" failed miserably in both and yet wants all the credit in Dembele's signing,"

Failing at something is not so bad if we know you tried. Both players would have been nice for Barca.With Verrati, he did the only thing he could do: ask the player to pressure the team. PSG don't need money, so the only option was to try to lure the player and convince the team. I actually read that once he found out Neymar was coming to PSG, he decided not to sign for barca anymore. So he was very close to getting the player. Where did you read that Bartomeu wants all the credit for signing Dembele?

I honestly think most ppl have a misconception about how players are signed. Where is the credit for Umtiti ( 35 million for that player? a Barcelona fan? ) Ter Stegen? Semedo? Dembele? Luis Suarez? If you blame him for Neymar, you also gotta give him credit for getting such a quality player and beating madrid to it at any cost. It's easy to look at things in hindsight and pretend like we would have done so much better.

Last edited:

Pepe Silvia

I really hope this is just a bait, otherwise...I'm biting anyway. Right now there are people that are better than Bartomeu with actual Club interest at heart, unlike Bartomeu. To give a list off the top of my head, Benedito, Laporta and Victor Font come to mind.

Benedito is an actual moral man whose heart is in the right place and he is smart as well. He loves the club and even tho he may not have as much charisma as Laporta, he definitely care MUCH more about the club than Bartomeu and his clan. He is the only one to actually stand up for the club and make a move when he saw the club in shambles when everyone was staying silent. He was working with a successful Barca under Laporta and actually making shit happen, but towards the end of Laporta's time, he resigned after seeing some people in the club were getting near to political figures in Uzbekistan. He saw this as grounds for conflict of interest for Barca and didnt stand for it. I would defo have him as club president.

Laporta doesn't need me to talk about him, he cares alot about the interests of the club and actually is a Cruyffista with charisma. Club started to flourish under him after he received a Barca in distress and took major steps to make things right. He didn't have a good presidential campaign in 2015 and we all paid for it; But he is aware of his mistakes then and I hope he doesn't repeat them. Some put him down for his partying ways and shit, but I prefer a guy like him to Bartomeu any day. He really needs to join arms with Benedito.

Victor Font is another Cruyffista that also has deep Barca interests at heart, his presidential plan consists of a range of plans from near future to transitioning and next generation. He has a different revenue plan for Barca compared to how Barto is sticking to us, and insists on socios being more active in contrast to Rosell and Barto's idea that the club cant be a very democratic thing (this is in a BBC documentary about the club, check this out, your jaw will drop). His predictions about club's financial levels in achieving footballing goals falling behind the likes of Bayern, RM and United came true. He believes in investing in scouts and thats a very bright spot in his plans. He is not a tested replacement but I still prefer him to Bartomeu.

These guys were just on top of my head, if we look around we may find other candidates as well.

As for signings, I'm sorry but most of Barto's signings are shady af, idk how gomes was received here in the forum when we signed him, but I was not too excited. We are buying too much from Valencia and they are not Barca lvl players. One cant close his eyes on the connections Valencia owner has to places that interests Bartomeu. It has much more to do with business and less to do with football. I dont care if RM wanted him or not, he is not a player that Barca needs right now.
If you count Gomes as a "good" signing of Barto's era, also take a look at Arda, Doulas for 6 mil when we could get Asensio for 4 mil and when we were his first option. Missing on Isco, even tho he publicly went out and said he wanted to play for Barca. It was mainly in Rosell's era, but Barto is rosell's yes man anyway and has the same track record of missing on talent. We are offering these mid table level player lucrative deals and thats one of the main reason we cant offload them. other clubs cant afford to pay their unreasonable wages if they agree to buy a player of their lvl in the first place.

Barto loudly took on "Operation Verratti" and "Operation Ceballos" failed miserably in both and yet wants all the credit in Dembele's signing, even tho I am fairly certain we would not be getting him, if the player himself didn't pull THIS HARD for us. And then there is how the whole Neymar fiasco was handled.
I'm not going to enter how he has handled La Masia, And how he has treated the club legends because this post has gotten too long already.

All this is just to begin with, if we close our eyes on how terrible he has managed club's image, and how shady he has used the club's name. It is easy to call everything fake news, But take in mind Barto is in a position to manipulate the narrative, And yet several people with club's interest at heart are coming out to speak against him. I have lost any trust I have for Bartomeu. He needs to go, no matter the signings we may have this summer.

I have well enough written a wall of text here and still have not even scratched the surface for the reasons Bartomeu needs to go.
post of the month

Barcilliant

Well said.

What is happening with the no confidence motion?

Home of Barca Fans