Jose Mourinho

Fati_Future_BallonDor

It was a good achievement, however, Mourinho didn't give the talents much of a chance, i think they lost both KDB and Salah under him.

Chelsea would have won a lot more later, if he had given them a chance.

Big stain on his 2nd spell at the club, for sure.

He must bite himself for loosing Kdb and Salah lol, Chelsea could have started a new era with both in one team

Fati_Future_BallonDor

Sacked by Real in 2013 (3 trophies)
Sacked by Chelsea in 2015 (2 trophies)
Sacked by United in 2018 (3 trophies)
Sacked by Tottenham in 2021 (0 trophies)
Sacked by Roma in 2024 (1 trophy )

0 UCLs in 14 years
Only domestic title since 2010 was 14-15 with Chelsea, one 2nd tier UEFA cup in 16-17 and one 3rd tier UEFA cup in 21-22.

He's finished.

Also,

What a clown

Unfortunately, he isnt as special as he was once but you have to say he was not in a topclub since Real Madrid.

fergus90

He's too combative a character to last too long at a club. Usually great first year and then all ends in tears by the third season.

I cannot see him returning to the PL, he's had 4 stints here in total and his reputation is nowhere close to what it was 7-8 years ago.

fergus90

Its time for Bundesliga
Yup. Although i will say, i think his sacking from Roma was harsh given the ECL win and Europa League final, surely could have seen the season out at least for when his contract expires.

Especially as they've replaced him with De Rossi who only started coaching a few months back.

Last edited:

Temptation

He's too combative a character to last too long at a club. Usually great first year and then all ends in tears by the third season.

I cannot see him returning to the PL, he's had 4 stints here in total and his reputation is nowhere close to what it was 7-8 years ago.
Many clubs would be happy with a successful 3 year stint.

Look at Football Management these days. How many managers last more than 3 years?

Clubs are used to changing managers all the time so they might as well take a gamble on him as a short term manager in the search for immediate success.

fergus90

Many clubs would be a happy with a successful 3 year stint.

Look at Football Management these days. How many managers last more than 3 years?

Clubs are used to changing manager so they might as well take a gamble on him as a short term manager in the search for immediate success.
They would if he was willing to accept that the club in question is most likely not going to be a top 8 club.

Someone like Borussia Dortmund would be ideal for him if he still wanted a club that participates in the CL or Europa league.

Temptation

They would if he was willing to accept that the club in question is most likely not going to be a top 8 club.
Dunno mate; can see Newcastle and Chelsea hiring him soon.

When he was at Roma, I read that Perez wanted to hire him.

These are some big jobs.

Imagine if Simeone decides to move on from ATM or Juve part ways with Allegri. He'd immediately be the favourite for those jobs and be a perfect fit.

Same with Inter. He's a huge Inter legend.

fergus90

Dunno mate; can see Newcastle and Chelsea hiring him soon.

When he was at Roma, I read that Perez wanted to hire him.

These are some big jobs.

Imagine if Simeone decides to move on from ATM or Juve part ways with Allegri. He'd immediately be the favourite for those jobs and be a perfect fit.

Same with Inter. He's a huge Inter legend.
I'd be amazed if Newcastle wanted to hire him. Saudi's trying to build something long-term plus improve general infrastructure , academies etc and said they want stability. They also have got FFP issues to be mindful of which I couldn't see Mourinho being too pleased about, especially if the squad he inherits doesn't work for him. That kind of stuff brings his combative side out very quickly.

Last Chelsea stint didn't end well and then he went to one of their biggest rivals so not sure if he'd be well received their either.

His reputation in Italy is probably fine, i've got no idea to be honest about that so likes of Inter may well take him back should a vacancy arise.

Although give the fact his contract was running out in June, he surely had credit in the bank with the trophy win and final, they could've waited until the summer.

Temptation

Someone like Borussia Dortmund would be ideal for him if he still wanted a club that participates in the CL or Europa league.

Would it be ideal for him?

They prefer developing young talents and selling them at a high price. Attacking Football with youngsters ain't very Mourinho-like.

Don't see that as a natural fit unless you meant club size and competitive ability.

fergus90

Would it be ideal for him?

They prefer developing young talents and selling them at a high price. Attacking Football with youngsters ain't very Mourinho-like.

Don't see that as a natural fit unless you meant club size and competitive ability.
Yes mate as in the size of the club, so they're still competing in the top competitions but not expected to win them.

Temptation

I'd be amazed if Newcastle wanted to hire him. Saudi's trying to build something long-term plus improve general infrastructure , academies etc and said they want stability. They also have got FFP issues to be mindful of which I couldn't see Mourinho being too pleased about, especially if the squad he inherits doesn't work for him. That kind of stuff brings his combative side out very quickly.

Last Chelsea stint didn't end well and then he went to one of their biggest rivals so not sure if he'd be well received their either.

His reputation in Italy is probably fine, i've got no idea to be honest about that so likes of Inter may well take him back should a vacancy arise.

Although give the fact his contract was running out in June, he surely had credit in the bank with the trophy win and final, they could've waited until the summer.

You do make valid points.

With Newcastle, he has been linked for a pretty long time now. Saudis do love big names and the publicity that'd generate. There's also the Bobby Robson factor and he has a soft spot for Newcastle. Newcastle fans(like True Geordie) like Mourinho a lot.

Chelsea are a possibility only because it's a new ownership and Todd Boehly is desperate for big names. Chelsea fans might welcome him back because they tried a hipster manager(Potter) and a young highly rated "modern, progressive" manager(Poch) and both backfired. They spend a lot and he's their greatest ever manager. I see Rory Jennings(my favourite Chelsea fan online) is already asking for Mourinho.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
He should go and manage a national team.

Game have passed him at club level, at least if he want to manage a team that can compete for CL or EL.

Jakabor

Would like to see him at Barca instead of Xavi. Xavi is a fraud who gets exposed in the big matches. Mourinho is a winner.

We would be lucky to have Mourinho. He wouldn’t go here to prove himself or to gain a reputation… he already did that years ago. He lives for the thrill of actually winning, becoming champions. He is like a general that makes his soldiers happy to die for. Ask any team fans he coached before (aside from Spurs) and they will all agree.

Barca fans hold so much resentment towards him from all the trash talk, but he would probably do the same to Madrid if he became Barca coach.

Xavi OUT - Mourinho IN!

malvolio

Would like to see him at Barca instead of Xavi. Xavi is a fraud who gets exposed in the big matches. Mourinho is a winner.

We would be lucky to have Mourinho. He wouldn’t go here to prove himself or to gain a reputation… he already did that years ago. He lives for the thrill of actually winning, becoming champions. He is like a general that makes his soldiers happy to die for. Ask any team fans he coached before (aside from Spurs) and they will all agree.

Barca fans hold so much resentment towards him from all the trash talk, but he would probably do the same to Madrid if he became Barca coach.

Xavi OUT - Mourinho IN!
As if we are not already playing dire football, let's just throw some bus parking tactics into the mix. Mourinho was always a defensive coach. Even his whole team mental build up is this 'us against the world' mantra. Works for smaller clubs or clubs that haven't won something in a while. Once you reach the elite level clubs that stops working as you are already dealing with winners so they're not that interested in a small club mentality.

Would probably work at Barca after a decade of Xavi, when we will be a Europa Conference League team.

Home of Barca Fans