Jose Luis Gaya

MaxY

Devil May Cry
I heard somewhere that Gaya's new clause isn't that big, I still believe RM will look to sign him this summer. This game showed how poor our sub full-backs are.

Leo_Messi

I heard somewhere that Gaya's new clause isn't that big, I still believe RM will look to sign him this summer. This game showed how poor our sub full-backs are.

50 million euros is not a big sum? Say what. Gayá is going nowhere. He will turn 20 this month and just renewed his contract. The only option is to release his buyout clause and convince him of joining you.

Gayá will move to us in a few years when Alba will start to decline.

MaxY

Devil May Cry
50 million euros is not a big sum? Say what. Gayá is going nowhere. He will turn 20 this month and just renewed his contract. The only option is to release his buyout clause and convince him of joining you.

Gayá will move to us in a few years when Alba will start to decline.

50 millions ? A commentator on the Real - Valencia stream said 20-25 M.. And why would he move to you?

MaxY

Devil May Cry
Your commentator from Bosnia or wherever he is from is clueless then.

http://futbol.as.com/futbol/2015/05/08/primera/1431079861_240994.html

Why should he not move to us in a few years? Care to give me 1 single reason. We are not interested in him currently but that might change in the future.

You're the one who said he'll move to you in a few years. Give me a single reason why would he move exactly to Barcelona and not some other club? Did he ever say he wants to join Barcelona ?

Leo_Messi

You're the one who said he'll move to you in a few years. Give me a single reason why would he move exactly to Barcelona and not some other club? Did he ever say he wants to join Barcelona ?

1) He just signed a new contract a few days ago and the buyout clause is rumored to be 50 million euros. Not anywhere close to those 20-25 million euros that you said that some commentator told. He had such a low buyout clause on his old contract so it would make ZERO sense for Valencia to give him a contract extension with a similar low buyout clause. They signed a new contract with him precisely to increase his buyout clause so he would not join RM or other clubs.

2) Yes, I believe that he will move to us one day and become the successor of Alba. That's just my feeling.

3) I don't think that it is necessary to explain to you why players, especially Spanish ones, would like to join FC Barcelona.

4) No, but he never said anything about wanting to join RM either.

If you meant to mock the commentator because he's from BiH..
Footballwise: Bosnia and Hercegovina > USA

Huh? I don't care where that commentator is from. He could be from Spain or Tora Bora. I guessed Bosnia because he is from Bosnia. The point is that the commentator was bullshitting.

I am not from the US so not sure why you are even comparing US with Bosnia but to tell you honestly then I don't think that there is a big difference between those two national sides. Bosnia were very poor this World Cup. Their first one in their history. Croatia is the best team from the Balkans or at least the former Yugoslavia.

MaxY

Devil May Cry
1) He just signed a new contract a few days ago and the buyout clause is rumored to be 50 million euros. Not anywhere close to those 20-25 million euros that you said that some commentator told. He had such a low buyout clause on his old contract so it would make ZERO sense for Valencia to give him a contract extension with a similar low buyout clause. They signed a new contract with him precisely to increase his buyout clause so he would not join RM or other clubs.

2) Yes, I believe that he will move to us one day and become the successor of Alba. That's just my feeling.

3) I don't think that it is necessary to explain to you why players, especially Spanish ones, would like to join FC Barcelona.

4) No, but he never said anything about wanting to join RM either.

Huh? I don't care where that commentator is from. He could be from Spain or Tora Bora. I guessed Bosnia because he is from Bosnia. The point is that the commentator was bullshitting.

I am not from the US so not sure why you are even comparing US with Bosnia but to tell you honestly then I don't think that there is a big difference between those two national sides. Bosnia were very poor this World Cup. Their first one in their history. Croatia is the best team from the Balkans or at least the former Yugoslavia.

The commentator was from Croatia but whatever,makes no difference. It's such a stupid move to sign a new contract with such a ridiculous release clause. He's either very loyal or very dumb. If I was in his place, 30-40 millions would be the MAXIMUM clause that I would agree to. You just straightout said that Gaya will join your club in a few years like you're absolutely convinced. At least say "I think that Gaya will.." . I doubt Valencia will sell Gaya to a La Liga rival unless it's a ridiculous offer and Madrid are more known for those than Barca is,although that is changing so you never know.

Leo_Messi

The commentator was from Croatia but whatever,makes no difference. It's such a stupid move to sign a new contract with such a ridiculous release clause. He's either very loyal or very dumb. If I was in his place, 30-40 millions would be the MAXIMUM clause that I would agree to. You just straightout said that Gaya will join your club in a few years like you're absolutely convinced. At least say "I think that Gaya will.." . I doubt Valencia will sell Gaya to a La Liga rival unless it's a ridiculous offer and Madrid are more known for those than Barca is,although that is changing so you never know.

I don't care either. The fact remains the same. The commentator was bullshitting.

That's not how things work in Spain. Release clauses are hardly ever triggered. What they do though is to ensure that the club that owns player x or y is in a good negotiation position.

If Valencia receives the right offer (not necessarily an offer as high as the buyout clause) and the player wants to move he will be sold.

Gayá is a local talent, yet to turn 20 and Valencia is a club on the rise on all fronts. So I would hardly call it a dumb move.

That should be obvious for everyone.

FCB has as much as a chance of buying him (maybe even greater considering the cold relations between the Valencia board and RM's board) as RM if the interest was there.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
They didn't let us have Mathieu for anything less than the buyout. I don't see them letting talented Gaya anytime soon. Besides, they'll be playing cl next season

Messi983

The delicate financial situation at Valencia hasn't gone unnoticed by their LaLiga rivals. They sold Ferran Torres to Manchester City but essentially gave Coquelin and Parejo away to Villarreal in an €8m double deal. Now, reports in Valencia claim Bar?a will test Los Che by making an offer for Jose Luis Gaya.

Gaya's buyout clause stands at €50m but, with cash needed to help balance the books, Valencia might be open to a lower fee.

https://www.sport.es/en/news/barca/...-for-valencia-defender-jose-luis-gaya-8072095

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Try a 10m offer and see if they take it. Lim seem to be hell bent on destroying the club before eventually selling it.

Devils

omg Bayern signed Davies and we're trying to sign this Diet Jordi Alba from an imploding Valencia.

Just close this club already FFS!

Home of Barca Fans