Jordi Alba

serghei

Yeah that Messi to Alba cross-field ball, then Alba cutback got sussed out at the end of 2018. Bit worrying we still see that attempted several times a game. Alba has had a few good games this season though but overall he's declined ever since his contract extension was announced.

It was always a predictable move with a low shelf life. Worked best against low level teams anyway. Barely saw it working in CL for example. Good teams figured out pretty fast that when Messi arms the left foot, watch out for Alba diagonal or Suarez.

Porque

My grandad used to tell me about how successful the cutback low cross to the oncoming forward was- he was playing in the 1940's.

Messi and Alba are basically stuck in a time loop where Alba tries his best, but for whatever reason all his cut backs can only go to Messi. They are reliving the glory days of 2015 employing a tactic success in the 1940s. They are currently the Nicolas Cage of football, where sure he had a great movie 25 years ago but now it is just getting embarrassing.

sikkboy

Right, here's Alba's options when he gets teh ball down the left:
- Pass back, or inside two metres to coutinho for him to pass back or two metres inside to Grezmann. :lol:
- Bomb on and put in a rasping, curling ball across the 6 yard box hoping someone might get on the end of it, or one of our top goal scorers, OG gets a touch :lol: Least with Braithwaite featuring more there's a chance this might be more successful but he's no Ronaldo, Cavani, Ibra, etc in the air.
- Cut it back for any of our generally useless forwards, of which only one of them is a true left-footer.

Or, they could just get rid of him and get someone else to do exactly the same things as described above, like what basically all modern full/wing backs do. That's what well-functioning clubs do generally, plan for the future and introduce capable replacements over time.

Produced an iconic moment at the Bernabeu.

serghei

Didn't Alba have like 2 assists in CL in the last 2 games without Messi, 1 to Griezmann, and 1 to Braithwaite?

sikkboy

He had one to AG with ball to near post in six-yard box vs the Hungarians, Dembele in same match with similar cross but to middle of 6yd box for MB. MB scored from a header (from rt side) and then a pen vs kyiv.

Richard.H

It's crazy how much he looks for Messi when he bombs down that left flank. It's so predictable watching at home so I can imagine it's even more so for the opposition. He's the only senior playing well so I want to see him adapt to the new team and look for other options. It's time to let go Alba...

serghei

It's crazy how much he looks for Messi when he bombs down that left flank. It's so predictable watching at home so I can imagine it's even more so for the opposition. He's the only senior playing well so I want to see him adapt to the new team and look for other options. It's time to let go Alba...

You can see it because he is sharper when Messi is not there and he's not obsessed with passing him.

clemente

Get Angelino ASAP, his price is gonna go stupid any moment now, why the fuck does he not have a thread here? Was running the match against MU by himself, also scored and assisted

Home of Barca Fans