Jordi Alba

FC B

I cursed at vdb the entire game knowing he won't sub Alba and then what? A possible injury right before the clasico...

I hope Alba will be just fine for the following matches.

FC B

Agreed.
Still it's very unpleasent knowing he might not make it to freaking el clasico due to vdb using him 90 mins in an utterly useless friendly all this while rm players got ofc a few more days off..

Kuchi

Well frustrating news for Vdb, he thought he nailed the classico preparations with this Alba situation

Better luck next time VDB!

Messi983

I'm not trying do defend VDB but I think he manage our players good during NT break. Pique played more than we wanted because Ramos got injured but Alba is totally capable of playing 90 minutes in two weeks. It's not VDB's fault that Jordi is a bit injury prone and that we don't have a really good backup for him. Although I think Lucho trust Mathieu enough to play him at LB in El Clasico if neccessary. It looks like Alba will be ready but I wouldn't push him too much. We'll need him more against Atletico.

BarçaBarça

I'm not trying do defend VDB but I think he manage our players good during NT break. Pique played more than we wanted because Ramos got injured but Alba is totally capable of playing 90 minutes in two weeks. It's not VDB's fault that Jordi is a bit injury prone and that we don't have a really good backup for him. Although I think Lucho trust Mathieu enough to play him at LB in El Clasico if neccessary. It looks like Alba will be ready but I wouldn't push him too much. We'll need him more against Atletico.

I wouldn't blame him so much if it was a game that actually mattered - but it was a completely useless game, where key players wasn't ready anyway, so it doesn't give the team that much "rhythm" together either. Spain have very capable backups at left back, if they were called up. We have no-one besides Alba.
I think Lucho trust :mathieu: at left back as well, but he really shouldn't.

That said - of course we shouldn't rush Alba back and miss him against Athletico - that would be the real disaster.

Messi983

Alba really needs to stay healthy as his backup Mathieu looks to be done for the season.

We still have :adriano:

In reality, I have total confidence in Roberto if he needs to play LB again. Damn, I'd even trust him to play CB or GK if needed. I just love this kid. :blush:

Home of Barca Fans