Jordi Alba

Stric

I wholeheartedly disagree with him being suspect in defense. He had several good clearances tonight. Great player overall!

M

mitkoa7x

Alba was superb in defense, he intercepted countless balls when Betis countered.

diegomessi

Anxiously waiting for the next match
well he was at fault for their goal

yea totally ignore the fact the no1 picked up the run and the pass went between 3 defenders.. he barely held the guy onside, that does not mean he is completely to blame for the gol

I am amazed at how important this man is for our team.. especially in attack

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
Well, the others were playing the offside trap and he stayed behind. Definitely his fault, the others did very well.

M

Malappapper

He has many things going on for him, but there can be no doubt that he did in fact played Castro onside for that Betis goal. If he had moved a little further up the pitch, then we would have had an easier evening.

zealot

Well, the others were playing the offside trap and he stayed behind. Definitely his fault, the others did very well.

Well, the fact that it was his fault doesn't mean he has such glaring weakness in defense. I agree with Stric and Mitkoa completely. He read the opposing movements so well, he could intercept most of their attacks. Failure to setup the offside trap properly is the big risk of our tactic. I think I've seen every defenders in the team; Adriano Alves Abidal Puyi Pique Masch, all of them made similar mistakes ever since the offside traps have become prominent part in our defensive tactic since Pep's days.

Gotta say his pace and work rate is a HUGE asset for us this season. And I think opponents both local and continental are a bit too slow to realize this. Not a problem for us of course, as Alba can continue surprising them all season long :)

F

Flavia

No one closed down the betis player, who had all time and space in the world to give the assist. That was adriano's fault. Had adriano done that, no need for offside trap.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
imo its wasnt all albas fault... look how pathetic adriano steps forward and opens space beacuse he wants to play the offsidetrapp

He didn't just step forward, he ran ahead of the defensive line as if he was too lazy to track the runner...just showed no tactical awareness of his defensive responsibilities...Someone must be pointing this out to him as it happens remarkably often...yet he continues to do it

barcanuck

Defensively not perfect but his speed rescues him in alot of situations. A bullet on the offensive end though, always expect him to pop out of no where.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Alba was again one of our best players. When practically everyone looks tired he keeps on going.
Amazing signing.

Trickykid

He was incredibly industrious throughout the match, and especially the seoncd half. The way he goes all in trying to reach the ball, the tackles and so on has to be applauded, but i really do fear he'll injure himself at one point because he can't hold back.

Home of Barca Fans