John Stones

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Not that I really want him here, but this goes to show the brutal and sad reality of today's market. We can no longer attract players because of our brand and our prestige, only money matters. Yeah players will turn us down in droves if we can't offer the crazy money some English clubs and Real Madrid can.

Trickykid

Not that I really want him here, but this goes to show the brutal and sad reality of today's market. We can no longer attract players because of our brand and our prestige, only money matters. Yeah players will turn us down in droves if we can't offer the crazy money some English clubs and Real Madrid can.

It doesn't go to show anything. You really ought to put less faith into all those rumors that you take for the truth.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
It doesn't go to show anything. You really ought to put less faith into all those rumors that you take for the truth.

It just seems that everybody wants out and nobody wants in lately. I mean that Brazilian defender kid turned us down (not for money but he certainly is not interested in joinning our B team), even Denis Suarez's buy-back took a while allegedly because of money, Masch's situation might have something to do with money as well.

khaled_a_d

It just seems that everybody wants out and nobody wants in lately. I mean that Brazilian defender kid turned us down (not for money but he certainly is not interested in joinning our B team), even Denis Suarez's buy-back took a while allegedly because of money, Masch's situation might have something to do with money as well.

He is Colombian and he turned Barca B not Barca and he didn't even made a decision about his future.he could very well join us after the end of the season at June 19th.
And players has always wanted more money.Messi has 2 renewals in span of year IIRC and he is La Masia product.Football has been always a career and in every career while money isn't the only factor but it is the biggest one

ebc_99

I don't think many players would turn us down unless they are offered something like double somewhere else. If Stones did turn us down because of money then he is an idiot, to give up the chance to play at such a club with the players we have and to live in a great city to join Man City is not a good move.

Icarium

Lifestealer

That is because they don't want to rot on the bench, even though the club is barca. In the current market money majorly talks, if we offered a player 3M and some oil rich club like city offered him 8-9M why in the hell would he join us? Barca are short on money for some reason, even with all the success and having star players. Maybe the wages are really damn high.

Barcilliant

You can blame the epl. They are the main culprits. They spend large sums of money on mediocre players and inflate the market.

Put it this way. We only got Neymar and Suarez because they wanted to come for footballing reasons. If it was money they would have been paid more elsewhere.

The board have screwed up at times but they are not to blame for the inflated transfer market.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Barca and Real are just as much to blame for the the inflated market as EPL clubs.

I don't see which players we've signed for far above their market value?

Chygrynskiy and arguably the Ibra deal in recent times?

The Neymar deal is a mess too though tbf.

However then you also got the likes of Suarez who was signed for 'mere' €81m.

Home of Barca Fans