Johan Cruyff

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
It was a disgrace Shankly and Paisley not getting knighthoods - but there isn't much we can do about it now.

Beckham is blatantly getting a knighthood you know that do you.

I think - true non bias - that Kenny Dalglish deserves one. Not really for his football achievement but for what he did for the city of Liverpool after Hillsborough.

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
Adam you honestly think this government or the next government will wait 30 years?! they won't let that piece of voting gold slip away my man....

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
An honoray knighthood for Capello, the players to wait 30-odd years like the 1966 squad had to.

yeah capello will get one like pele did.

I think becks will definitely get one as he'll then trot off to america and be forgotten about as an active footballer.

I reckon gerrard would be a cert (as he already has an mbe) but I dunno that they'd give knighthoods to active players. it could be that as the squad retire they get knighted. but I dunno really. they'll all get mbe's for sure.

Cule Angles

Visca el filòsof!
Adam you honestly think this government or the next government will wait 30 years?! they won't let that piece of voting gold slip away my man....

I hope that when the Conservatives take office they will ditch the shameless pandering to celebrities that the Labour party loves to endulge in. I'm more than prepared to be disappointed though.

Hamzah

High Definition Member
Cruyff is our "legend", like Pélé in Santos, Maradona in Napoli, Bobby Charlton in Man Utd, Eusébio in Benfica.

pep might have something to say about that, cruyff is obviously better but in terms of love within barca pep could contest

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
Wow, it looks like I'm going to be watching Catalunya's friendly against the Netherlands after all.

PS: Damn he got old, when you are a rich famous footballer, possibly the most talented European footballer of all time, is a little botox really a crime?

VivaBarca

If Carlsberg did forum members
Wow that's interesting. I doubt that he needs the money but it's good for the Catalunian players.

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
I doubt the Catalonia national team is a cash cow, I think he's bored and misses coaching, but and this is a pretty low pressure part time job. I think it's great for both La Selecció and Cruyff himself.

barSELOna

I think somebody requests that so cruyff has accepted it
Maybe Laporta wants it even we know Guardiola wanted it so much

beef-supreme

:flagvl8:
I'm satisfied with his appointment as coach, as long as he remains close to Barca and he can advise us in times of need, it's all good.

DucdeOrléans

What is the opinion in here on him being chosen as the new honorary president, without consulting the Socios before making the appointment?

Home of Barca Fans