João Laporta

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Not much we can do without money, our hands were tied, thanks barto.

Even with money we need a more professionalized setup IMO.

One of the best things Florentino has ever done with his return was do that with Real Madrid and their management/sporting structure.
Contrary to popular belief he's barely involved with their signings as it's their CEO Jose Angel Sanchez and his team leading the way.

It's actually fucking crazy. The guy returned and essentially more or less learned from all his past mistakes in his first term.

DonAK

Sadly don't see it happening at Barca with Laporta and his band of friends, Rosell/Barto/Their candidate of crooks or Victor Font as his yapping without any plan.

Devils

Well Laporta did spend 200m on Ferran Torres, Lewandowski, Vitor Roque and Raphinha and yet a 16 year old kid from La Masia is better than all of them.

Very few teams have an attack that has 200m in forwards in the squad, yet a lone 200m worth of forwards that are terrible 90% of the time.

Laporta has had financial limitations but he's been terrible with the financial freedom that he has had. Both are true.

jamrock

Even with money we need a more professionalized setup IMO.

One of the best things Florentino has ever done with his return was do that with Real Madrid and their management/sporting structure.
Contrary to popular belief he's barely involved with their signings as it's their CEO Jose Angel Sanchez and his team leading the way.

It's actually fucking crazy. The guy returned and essentially more or less learned from all his past mistakes in his first term.

It's easier to do that when you come into a situation where you aren't forced to fight for the clubs life.

And a lot of the people laporta assigned were very good according to the many smart people on Barca forum.

Alemany, the finance VP who left recently,even deco most here were signing about, it's tough to attract and keep these people when instead of focusing on their job, they have to be worrying about FFP rules.

But generally I get your point, but Perez came back under much different circumstances.

DonAK

It's easier to do that when you come into a situation where you aren't forced to fight for the clubs life.

And a lot of the people laporta assigned were very good according to the many smart people on Barca forum.

Alemany, the finance VP who left recently,even deco most here were signing about, it's tough to attract and keep these people when instead of focusing on their job, they have to be worrying about FFP rules.

But generally I get your point, but Perez came back under much different circumstances.

A lot of the people that left the club have reportedly done so due to disagreements about how the club should move forward. They might be right or might be wrong, but I don't think it's necessarily because of FFP issues although for some I'm sure it played a significant role. Reverter was rumored left because he wanted to change the club's ownership model which is something Laporta would never agree to.

Also properly managed teams don't have guys like Enric Masip, a former handball player who has never worked in football and Alejandro Echeverria, a man who has no role at the club apart from being Laporta's ex-wife's brother and an influential man, be a part of the transfer committee of the club, which both are.

Yes, the situation isn't the ideal and Laporta came into a club that was fucked, but he's still managed the club like it's his country club with his buddies and family members being a major part in the decision making process.

khaled_a_d

Is there is any evidence that Laporta has actually interfered with signings and who come and who goes?
From start it was a team of 3, Alemany, Planas & Crujif. Then Xavi came in and Planas left and it was still a trio who made the transfer decisions. Alemany taking care of business and use his network, Crujif and Xavi say the names. Not ideal as coach should just coach but it wasn't Laporta.
Now it is essentially Deco and Xavi.
The only signing that was rumoured to be Laporta's was Felix, but he was also a Deco signing and he cost us almost nothing.

Reverter and other executives were in the business side, and most either got better offer or wanted the easy way out of selling share of the club which wasn't going to happen at the time.

I understand there is a lot of frustrations, and a lot of mistakes were made, but no need to look for smaller stuff and worry about tbh

serghei

Watching Madrid dominate makes me sad when I think that we had them under our boot in mid to late 00s. Fucking Barca executioners like Rosell and Bartomeu took the club from two levels above them to 2 levels under.

Unbelievable destruction job.

jamrock

Watching Madrid dominate makes me sad when I think that we had them under our boot in mid to late 00s. Fucking Barca executioners like Rosell and Bartomeu took the club from two levels above them to 2 levels under.

The transition from laporta and his team to those guys was the beginning of the end for us, they lived off what that team had put together for a couple of years, then it all started to come apart the moment they had to make real decisions.

serghei

The transition from laporta and his team to those guys was the beginning of the end for us, they lived off what that team had put together for a couple of years, then it all started to come apart the moment they had to make real decisions.

Yeah. They left a bit of a mark with MSN for a calendar year or so and that's all they did in 10 years. The rest is pure destruction of the club.

jamrock

Real Madrid are going through there good period, we had ours even while they had a great team, we were still on top.

The sad thing is that they are maximizing the number of CL they are winning while we missed out on at least 2 when we were at our best.

serghei

Real Madrid are going through there good period, we had ours even while they had a great team, we were still on top.

The sad thing is that they are maximizing the number of CL they are winning while we missed out on at least 2 when we were at our best.

Madrid didn't win much more then our 2 CLs in 4 years at their peak and certainly not in comparable fashion, but they have totally rebuilt the team almost into a fresh, new cycle. Bartomeu kept paying the Amigos as if they were 25 again and put the club on the verge of collapse.

jamrock

Madrid didn't win much more then our 2 CLs in 4 years at their peak and certainly not in comparable fashion, but they have totally rebuilt the team almost into a fresh, new cycle. Bartomeu kept paying the Amigos as if they were 25 again and put the club on the verge of collapse.

Playing players for what they were and not what they will be, it's the first sign of a club going in the wrong direction.

That's one thing Perez rarely does, which is literally the main reason their finances is way better than ours.

KingLeo10

Our success from 06 to 15 had clueless fools like Barto giving yearly lectures to Harvard Business School students :lol:

Fucking lmao.

in 2016...

"During his one and a half hour lecture, he spoke of how “we hope to become the most admired, cherished and global club in the world.” These aims, he says, can be achieved by focusing efforts on the following core areas: Sporting Excellence, Social Commitment and Impact, Espai Barça, Global Recognition and Financial Sustainability"

fergus90

Even in the Guardiola Barca era, Madrid were pretty strong after the 08/09 season. By 09/10 they almost won the league, 10/11 they fought with Barca tooth and nail and then by the time 11/12 rolled about they were stronger still.

After Guardiola left, we basically had the genius of Messi keeping us ahead but also meant the club really rested on it's laurels at trying to maintain it's position of superiority.

serghei

Playing players for what they were and not what they will be, it's the first sign of a club going in the wrong direction.

That's one thing Perez rarely does, which is literally the main reason their finances is way better than ours.

I still remember how Florentino sold Ozil and Higuain because he smelled they were not cut out for the elite level. Master.

He signed Modric and Kroos.

If Barca had them they would have stayed 5-6 years past their expiration date. Florentino ditched them in their prime. :lol:

Home of Barca Fans