João Laporta

Leo_Messi

Agree

I can only hypothesize the reticence from Laporta to fire in summer or now is linked to the termination clauses that will destabilize the club further financially. Whatever the strategy, ultimately it appears he appears to want to take the path of least resistance and wait his contract out irrespective of how poor the team plays/performs or the discontent among fans

He pleads patience but effectively wants us to accept the continuity of mediocrity and still support it - it's outrageous

Indeed. There is no other sane explanation than Koeman?s potential sacking having unwanted financial implications. At least to a degree. However the longer the current unsustainable situation is allowed to continue the bigger the long-term damage, sporting as well as financial (ironically), will be. Koeman has lost most of the dressing room already, the sporting results, tactics and image of the club are all getting worse by the day. I don?t see how the return of Demb?l? and Kun Ag?ero will change that. The current situation can?t go on as we are at a serious risk of losing a place in the top 4, let alone an unprecedented and unacceptable CL group exit (at least in the modern era post-Gaspart).

What is even worse in this chaotic time, and what a competent manager would strive for irrespective of how his board is acting, is to aim at cooling things down rather than escalate them let alone throwing the team and players under the bus in public, most recently with Nico. It appears to me that Ronald, until the bizarre turnaround with Laporta, almost wanted to get the sack given his behaviour.

All in all a quite shocking turnaround if you ask me and I don?t like it one bit although it is way too soon to make any final judgements, things might turnaround for the better. Somehow. I highly doubt it with Koeman around but would love to be proven wrong obviously.

As for the SAD rumors, allow me to be highly sceptical, judicially it will be difficult to change the club?s setup. If not impossible unless the financial situation is much worse than anticipated. The upcoming general assembly will answer a lot of our questions.

Last edited:

mc_lovin

He'd better find some solutions, this shit is not acceptable for long.

I think his real presidency starts next season at best. So far it's just been trimming costs, which was a necessity. Even if we only have the rumored 60ME to spend that would be massive for us (and still rather modest for European standards).

serghei

I think his real presidency starts next season at best. So far it's just been trimming costs, which was a necessity. Even if we only have the rumored 60ME to spend that would be massive for us (and still rather modest for European standards).

Yea talking about next season.

ryuken

No one will come to a team that wont even make EL and on the verge of bankruptcy. And with Koeman continue, I think we wont even make top 6 as this year there is no one to carry his ass. So the myth that Laporta will start next season is bs to me. With the rumor 60m and the fact that probably all the dead weight will still be here, we wont have money for any good striker.

Barcilliant

No one will come to a team that wont even make EL and on the verge of bankruptcy. And with Koeman continue, I think we wont even make top 6 as this year there is no one to carry his ass. So the myth that Laporta will start next season is bs to me. With the rumor 60m and the fact that probably all the dead weight will still be here, we wont have money for any good striker.

Why are people going on about a striker? We have Fati, Aguero, Dembele. Yeah, not fantastic but at the moment adequate.
For me the defense and midfield are the biggest problems. No goals coming from midfield, no physicality or intensity. Ditto defense. At minimum we need a right back, cb and a physical midfielder like Kessie. All these need to be quality players not second rate crap.

iniestaGOAT

Nonsense. Many would be willnig to play for Barcelona, infact many might even think this is their golden chance to play for Barcelona since they can finally get into a Barca first 11.

And we will easily finish top 4.

iniestaGOAT

Why are people going on about a striker? We have Fati, Aguero, Dembele. Yeah, not fantastic but at the moment adequate.
For me the defense and midfield are the biggest problems. No goals coming from midfield, no physicality or intensity. Ditto defense. At minimum we need a right back, cb and a physical midfielder like Kessie. All these need to be quality players not second rate crap.

We need 2 CB 1 RB 1 LB and 1 GK and 1 CDM to win the UCL

We need 2 CB 1 RB 1 CDM to win the league

mc_lovin

I wouldn't say we need a striker, but right sided forward. Our offense looks fine when everyone is fit, but you are doomed if you plan to go into the season with Dembele as a regular starter. That's what really f**** us this season. Not midfield, not defence, but the overcompensating and weird line-ups for the lack of forward options. But we will see how the season evolves on that front.

For me we "just" need 3 good transfers: RW>DM>CB (in that order). Everything else is manageable. Personally I would be all over Adeyemi and Tchouameni.

malvolio

Because those three don't exist at the moment. They are all hopes and dreams.

Barcilliant

Nonsense. Many would be willnig to play for Barcelona, infact many might even think this is their golden chance to play for Barcelona since they can finally get into a Barca first 11.

And we will easily finish top 4.

No. Noone gives a fuck about us anymore. We are a meme both on and off the field. This isn't 2011, it's 2021. We have no money and not much of a reputation left. Players are more interested in money nowadays. Milan have a great history but 9/10 players would choose Psg or City over them.

serghei

No. Noone gives a fuck about us anymore. We are a meme both on and off the field. This isn't 2011, it's 2021. We have no money and not much of a reputation left. Players are more interested in money nowadays. Milan have a great history but 9/10 players would choose Psg or City over them.

Liverpool was a Europa League side who made CL football like 2 times in 10 years before they built this side. We should stop moaning. You don't have to chase the biggest superstars who are wanted by the biggest, richest teams to form an elite side. Those superstars will of course choose a club that is among the top 4-5, or a club that can make them filty rich.

It requires a plan, a top manager, good scouting, and good management. Good players who can play great in such a stable and professional environment are everywhere.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans