João Laporta

Devils

Laporta needs to stop.

How can he speak out like that after running such a horrendous failure of a campaign?

Barto is a lot of things, but it's hard to blame him for what has happened this season. He's given the Sporting Director and Manager everything they wanted and Lucho complete control of the team.

He's right about Barto hiding though. Barto really needs to come out and speak to the fans.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
We need to move on from this Laportistas v Rosellistas feud which includes Bartomeu in the latter side obviously.

I desperately hope we get someone else in the next election.

opjeoff

He is saying everything we want to hear. I doubt he'll do much different if he was re-elected. This is how politicians work.

El Flaco

The following statements from Laporta on bashing Barto and our current board

[tw]832005083437096960[/tw]

[tw]832005358428250112[/tw]

[tw]832008700655177729[/tw]

[tw]832009035696185344[/tw]

F

FlaFCB

The part he said the president should feel messed up... Well, Barto is a perico. That's what he's mostly not bothered by anything. He just wants
axuAkp2.jpg

NeyMesSis

Laporta needs to stop.

How can he speak out like that after running such a horrendous failure of a campaign?

Barto is a lot of things, but it's hard to blame him for what has happened this season. He's given the Sporting Director and Manager everything they wanted and Lucho complete control of the team.

He's right about Barto hiding though. Barto really needs to come out and speak to the fans.

this, he had his chance and absolutely did not take it

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Laporta had a pathetic campaign, but I suspect he would have lost even if the likes of Xavi and Puyol backed him.

Presidents are only ousted when there is chaos or unsatisfactory results. We won the treble that season, nothing beats that.

Galning

He is saying everything we want to hear. I doubt he'll do much different if he was re-elected. This is how politicians work.

Laporta, in a lot of areas of running the club, did the complete opposite of what Rosell and Bartomeu were/are doing.

I don't think he really wanted the presidency, otherwise I can't understand how he thought he'd win with such a poorly planned campaign.
Bartomeu is in my opinion a horrible president, as was Rosell before him, but the sporting decisions are all on Lucho. And they as well have been very bad for the past year (let's face it Barça have been pretty mediocre since January 2016, if not for the big lead we would've possible lost La Liga last season too.)

The treble definitely doomed Laporta but it also revealed how lazy he is. Just because he couldn't win, he didn't bother. It hurt his credibility for future elections.

Home of Barca Fans