João Laporta

khaled_a_d

Laporta didn't leak shit to the press this summer.

Arda camp were leaking all kind of stuff, Turkish press also had a field day as it was rare chance to have the eyes on them.

Deco was spotted there and the media knew where he was heading.

Laporta just confirmed what was already known.
The only downside is the twitter memes that RM will have field day with. Other than that we worked well this summer.
Leaks will always happen, no one can prevent it as it us agents best interests to leak stuff. So unless we stop dealing with agents we will always have leaks.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
The problem is that it happened AGAIN.
AGAIN, after Vinicius, after Rodrygo, after Endrick, and after Haaland.
Guler and all the above are playing for Madrid or will play for Madrid in the near future

This is too much to take

And on the top of that, you have that fat dumbo Laporta giving press conferences pretending we have it in the bag, while he knew FULL WELL that Madrid and other clubs were in the race and that nothing was done, undermining once again the negotiations.
As he does when he constantly leaks everything in the press (one of the reasons Allemany resigned)

Yes it happened again. I think we just have to bite the bullet and acknowledge that Madrid has slighter bigger pull and much bigger resources than us, it is time to recognize that. Vinicius and Rodrygo were well ahead of our financial downfall, I think we couldn't compete with them on Endrick on multiple fronts, money being one of them since we had already been well in the financial rut at that time. Also, once again, Madrid is Madrid after all, winning CLs from left to right, of course they were more appealing to players.

Laporta is Laporta and he will not change. I just hope he won't hinder our efforts next time because of his urge to make himself appear important and being in control of everything again.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Laporta didn't leak shit to the press this summer.

Arda camp were leaking all kind of stuff, Turkish press also had a field day as it was rare chance to have the eyes on them.

Deco was spotted there and the media knew where he was heading.

Laporta just confirmed what was already known.
The only downside is the twitter memes that RM will have field day with. Other than that we worked well this summer.
Leaks will always happen, no one can prevent it as it us agents best interests to leak stuff. So unless we stop dealing with agents we will always have leaks.

He didn't have to answer the question or comment on it before the deal was done. It makes him look like a fool.

One of his problems is that he talks too much.

Porque

It's true. Theres a ton going out on bad debt, and then deferrals still outgoing for next few years.

Squad salary expenses once we unload the loanee's isn't even that bad.

We don't have a oil reserve behind us unfortunately to give our daddy 25m on 5% tax in UAE unfortunately.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
It's true. Theres a ton going out on bad debt, and then deferrals still outgoing for next few years.

Squad salary expenses once we unload the loanee's isn't even that bad.

We don't have a oil reserve behind us unfortunately to give our daddy 25m on 5% tax in UAE unfortunately.

This is sadly our new reality and we'll probably find it tougher to compete in the transfer market years to come too unless a player really, really want to join us and us only.

Bad debt, 25% of TV income gone, deferrals, Camp Nou redevelopment, etc.

While most of the other top teams in Europe in other leagues are signing players left and right for considerable fees we're struggling to register the players we sign on free transfers still. Someone like Vitor Roque is a breath of fresh air, but he'll most likely come in January and even that might be delayed until next summer for all we know. The news that come out of the club cannot be trusted.

Porque

Luckily we're in Spain where top 3 is almost a guarantee and then we can have euro runs here and there. The squad potential is still incredible and one of the best in Europe.

But a reference will be the Milan clubs who both have had recent financial difficulties too. Both won the league over the past 3 seasons. Then last season one made the CL final and the other the Semi.

I think most fans would be content with that over the next few years along with shrewd moves in the market and the continuation of salary detoxification.

What hurt most sporting wise were the two CL group stage failures in a row, while also getting pumped prior by 3 to 8 goals in every KO exit between 2016/2017 and 2020/2021. :lol: 😭

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
along with shrewd moves in the market

Now this is what should worry most people because recent history have shown that with one shrewd move we'll make two awful ones that will limit what we can do :lol:

Manager position is extremely important too as jury's still out on Xavi.

Porque

I trust that Deco has eyes for talent, but Xavi might not be on board. Also I still believe Xavi is a minus factor.

I just hope Deco is backing his eye with data.

The Arda Guler push suggests yes.

Screenshot-2023-07-05-at-8-35-40-PM.png

khaled_a_d

Now this is what should worry most people because recent history have shown that with one shrewd move we'll make two awful ones that will limit what we can do :lol:

Under Laporta second tenure, you could argue only awful transfer was Ferran tbh
Renewal of Fati on high wage is probably second worst move IMO.

There is a bunch of 5/10 moves and not many great ones. But overall they have done good work considering financial constraints.

Jury's still on Deco as he is the one in charge now, but early signs is positive tbf.

jamrock

Some fans are just so negative or think they are so smart and know better, that they just speak things that doesn't add up.

1) we are redeveloping our stadium, this will be a long term net positive, but during the process it will come with some difficulties, this is nothing new, we are not the first team to go through this process and all that comes with it, we won't be the last, the club isn't reinventing the wheel here, by en large this is pretty standard stuff, really nothing to see here.

2. Our wage bill is being managed wonderfully well compared to where it's coming from, nothing more to add here, just a great job.

3. The 25% TV rights, everyone has their feelings about this, that's 40m we lose every season which is accounted for, the club basically doesn't even see that money, it's like paying your mortgage on auto pay, you don't plan or budget for it, if fans seriously think we can't survive while missing out on 40m per season they need to look at our revenues and do some accounting 101.

4. Laporta, I mean the man work speaks for itself from his very first tenure up to the moment I'm writing this sentence, he has been on the right side of every major decision at the club, and has brought nothing but success to the club, until that changes, fans talking his personality as a negative, really says it all, Because that's the best they can come with.

5.Sport management, fans had their panties in a twists when they thought alemany was leaving because he hated Laporta or whatever, he ends up staying, we then do what most were asking for and added a sporting director that most here praise in deco.

While playing hurt, they have managed to bring in some excellent players on good deals, bar 1, so I don't know what else could be expected under the circumstances.

The biggest thing now that will make them Happy would be to fire the coach who won us our first league title in years under trying circumstances.

Take a minute, use some prospective & breathe.

Last edited:

BJJ

Fact is we won't be a serious threat in Europe for at least five years, especially with Xavi at the helm.
Signings? Romeu-crap, Ferran-utter shite,Inigo-crap. Roque -, unknown.
Huge contract to Fati -we never learn.
BIGGEST MISTAKE IMO was hiring Xavi. Just because he's a legend doesn't mean anything. He managed in the Qatari league and his lack of success in the Asian Champions league pretty much reflects what's going on here too.
We require an experienced big name manager who knows how to get the best out of the squad and steady the ship. All I hear is stupid shit coming out of Xavis mouth.
Laporta really had alot of luck in that first stint. Footballing landscape has changed drastically since than. Shows club 8s pretty much stuck in the past.

Home of Barca Fans