João Laporta

SmilerBam

We need to get over Messi. Honestly it's fucking tiresome. These amigos have given to the club but taken back twice as much.
I think we just need to start from scratch and prepare for some wilderness years. Like maybe minimum five years where we cut debt, develop youth, scout smarter and look at innovative ways of generating income.
Mmmkay ��

SmilerBam

I agree with everything you said except Bayern. As much as I detest Bayern they play a balanced style of modern, effective football which is crucial to present day success.

Maybe.I still don t like them.I like only Barca.I think we can be succesful playing our style mostly,with a great coach and shrewd transfer dealings.Something Barto and Co missed completely.

vegitot

Laporta to Font: "Xavi, Xavi, Xavi, Xavi. You keep repeating that. Either you don't know the reality of Bar?a or you don't know these people. You will have worked with them, but they have denied you."

Lethal.

Vilarrubi

Laporta: “In my time as president we have won 59 titles, including 2 Champions League, 4 La liga and a World Cup for teams. We made Florentino Perez resign from the presidency.”

GOAT!

jamrock

Laporta: ?In my time as president we have won 59 titles, including 2 Champions League, 4 La liga and a World Cup for teams. We made Florentino Perez resign from the presidency.?

GOAT!

Goat!!

Plus times rosell & barto one in there first couple of years he gets shares in as well.

How great is the great joan laporta!!

cro-man

Still waitting for some ideas from him. Its like he doesnt need to just because his name is laporta. If keeping messi happy is his only idea how to save us than god help us:lol: People here at this club are living too much in the past and that brought us so much problems because they dont move on.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
It’s not about nostalgia. It’s about respecting what the man done before. If anyone should be trusted out of those 3 it’s Laporta.

Respecting him is not the same as being convinced that he will make a good president in today’s day and age. People love him for exposing and pulverizing Font, not for what he is going to do to save or help the club, period. His antics (such as that obnoxious publicity stunt of kissing the mannequin donning the Messi jersey and making empty promises) don’t convince me at all.

fergus90

Respecting him is not the same as being convinced that he will make a good president in today’s day and age. People love him for exposing and pulverizing Font, not for what he is going to do to save or help the club, period. His antics (such as that obnoxious publicity stunt of kissing the mannequin donning the Messi jersey and making empty promises) don’t convince me at all.

People love him because he helped build a Barcelona that was a reference to the world. Victor Font pulverises himself with his inability to shut his mouth when he needs to.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
People love him because he helped build a Barcelona that was a reference to the world. Victor Font pulverises himself with his inability to shut his mouth when he needs to.

Again, past success is not necessarily indicative of future success. Different times, different circumstances. Especially given he didn’t have a good record in the realm of finance. I have read all three “programs” he has on his site and almost every piece of “news” items on his site as well, a lot of promises and very wishy washy stuff. Go check them out please.

khaled_a_d

Again, past success is not necessarily indicative of future success. Different times, different circumstances. Especially given he didn?t have a good record in the realm of finance. I have read all three ?programs? he has on his site and almost every piece of ?news? items on his site as well, a lot of promises and very wishy washy stuff. Go check them out please.

What is this have to have with having "respect" to someone past achievements?
And while past success "is not necessarily indicative" it is still a good indicative.

It is also a problem when there is a double standard, you comment on everything Laporta does and interpreted it the worst way possible, you don't give the same treatment to the others.
And god forbid a campaign has "lot of promises and very wishy washy stuff" :lol: , like it isn't the literal job that almost every campaign in the history of humanity were doing

And many here really loved Font, and wanted him as new blood over Laporta and old guard, but he was losing people with his antics, claiming he has a plan he has been working on since 2013 that is well studied and every person on it has a role that can't be replaced, and then he made a list of names, that even their roles aren't really understandable (even he has criticized them before like Koeman) and we found out that many of those names didn't even want to work with him and said they will vote for other candidate.

As someone from outside (since I am not socio) Font has a terrible campaign that is really worrisome, the guy is even losing the internet cult he created.

Edit: Laporta surely presented him as the old experienced guy who will bring success back, what did Font even presented himself? He says he is the future progressive one and then bring the nostalgic names and Xavi,Crjuif, Barca DNA stuff that Laporta already beaten him to.

I think you need to seriously chill a bit regarding the whole election, you are taking this stuff too seriously :cheers:

Last edited:

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
What is this have to have with having "respect" to someone past achievements?
And while past success "is not necessarily indicative" it is still a good indicative.

It is also a problem when there is a double standard, you comment on everything Laporta does and interpreted it the worst way possible, you don't give the same treatment to the others.
And god forbid a campaign has "lot of promises and very wishy washy stuff" :lol: , like it isn't the literal job that almost every campaign in the history of humanity were doing

And many here really loved Font, and wanted him as new blood over Laporta and old guard, but he was losing people with his antics, claiming he has a plan he has been working on since 2013 that is well studied and every person on it has a role that can't be replaced, and then he made a list of names, that even their roles aren't really understandable (even he has criticized them before like Koeman) and we found out that many of those names didn't even want to work with him and said they will vote for other candidate.

As someone from outside (since I am not socio) Font has a terrible campaign that is really worrisome, the guy is even losing the internet cult he created.

Edit: Laporta surely presented him as the old experienced guy who will bring success back, what did Font even presented himself? He says he is the future progressive one and then bring the nostalgic names and Xavi,Crjuif, Barca DNA stuff that Laporta already beaten him to.

I think you need to seriously chill a bit regarding the whole election, you are taking this stuff too seriously :cheers:

First off, I am taking this election seriously because I care about the club like you and other Barca fans do, and I think we are facing an unprecedented institutional crisis that this threatening our survival and I think the next president faces a very daunting task so he needs to have what it takes to take them on.

Double standard? I am focusing on Laporta because he is the favorite to win the election and widely expected to win by a landslide and likely to be the next president. Does anybody care about the likes of Ross Perot or Gill Stein etc. when people knew big fish like Clinton, Obama and Trump was much more likely to win? Many years ago when Font’s name just surfaced I liked some of his ideas but as everyone has pointed out, his campaign has gone completely erratic with his fixation on Xavi. At least I am not defending him or Freixa, whereas you, a fan of Laporta’s, come out to defend him from time to time and never criticized him at all. So I don’t see how I am hypocritical here at all to criticize Laporta.

Vilarrubi

[MENTION=13941]Luftstalag14[/MENTION] You seem fixated about whether Laporta can have success again. Of course nothing is certain, but it’s a way safer bet having him president again over Font or Freixa and that’s without Font more or less digging his own grave in this election.

By the way, I think you’re forgetting Laporta had two separate successes in his last presidency. 2005/06 with Rijkaard/Ronaldinho/Eto’o/Deco etc then 2008/09 with Pep/Xavi/Iniesta/Messi etc. No one would have thought in the 06/07 and 07/08 seasons (with a grand total of 0 trophies) that he could revolutionise and change the team like that, but he did. Both those teams are very different within 4 years of each other and up there with the best of all time. Obviously there’s no gap in the presidency like this time but you claiming he might not be suited to “modern football” is just guesswork and seems more personal than anything. His CV speaks for itself.

Home of Barca Fans