Jeremy Mathieu

Meatball

First, we don't know how much he really smokes.
He did this right after joining Barca
65gj4D.jpg

In this picture i see a man who knows it d be very bad for the club's image if being caught smoking in public but he "oh man! Want a puff so bad! cant stand it anymore! whatever!" n went ahead anyway! Trust me, smoking, especially cigarettes not some Cuban cigars, is very addictive!

And second, smoking clearly didn't affect his athletic abilities as he's still one of our fastest players.
Any proofs? Cuz there r a lot more to a player's athletic abilities than just top speed (i know u were referring to his top speed in some matches). Its completely different between being able to reach an incredible number of max km/h in a straight line for a few seconds in the game n still maintaining good stamina, average speed n composure after that vs being able to do that n then cant barely sprint n being slow like an old fat granny (n m not even talking about twisting, turning n changing direction here)! An athletic performance is not just about a few seconds of top speed! Endurance, strength, composure, reflex, average speed, etc also come into play! Its just like football performance. If u only look at the number of goals, u d say Messi n Ronaldo r at the same level! But there r a lot more to football than just goal, the same applies to athletic abilities talking about top speed. I sometimes dont look at stats, i watch Mathieu playing the game n i see a slow n clumsy old man who cant keep up with fast attackers wriggling around!
I also never got an impression that he doesn't give a shit about playing for this club. Yes, he made mistakes and had some bad games but so do other players (and most of them are paid much better than Mathieu). But I've never got a feeling that he's not trying to do his best. Yes, that's not always enough but he also had good to great games that have been overlooked by his "haters". I get that some people dislike him because of his age (because they want younger players as there is wrong perception that younger players are also better but that's not always true) but I've always respected and like the old man.

First of all, i wanna say i have nothing against old men n m not one of Mathieu's haters!

Second, a player's effort is not just showed in a 90 mins game on the pitch! How u train, how u take care of ur body r also important ! For example, lets talk Messi! Some say M10 sometimes he didnt care n just sleepwalked around the pitch! i dont agree! A player who doesnt care about playing d probably never visit some nutritionist far away seeking diet advices just to improve his fitness or have a life staying away from smoking , wine n party with all the money he got! What i wanna say is what u do before entering the field playing the game also matter, n matter GREATLY.

Last edited:

khaled_a_d

Should we expect to receive some money for him or is it too much to ask?

Doubt it,he is almost 34 by start of next year and he wasn't really that healthy late. We might get something laughable like 1M or so but nothing more most probably.
And after taking a pay cut to join us,I think I won't mind the club allowing him to go wherever he wants

gasgas

Never liked him a bit, I was against his signing and i am still against it till now. All things said, all the best to him in his new team. Hope he plays better for them than he did for us.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
Never liked him a bit, I was against his signing and i am still against it till now. All things said, all the best to him in his new team. Hope he plays better for them than he did for us.

Not even when he scored two crucial goals in two games to help us win the league in 14/15?

BarcaOG

Banned

This. He was a great back up and had some important performances. What else were you expecting from an old defender? It's not like it was his fault the board overpaid for him.

Home of Barca Fans