Jeremy Mathieu

God Serena

He's a solid backup and tbh that's all we need him to be. He's actually playing a lot better now, than he was before his injury.

Horatio

You're welcome
He's a solid backup and tbh that's all we need him to be. He's actually playing a lot better now, than he was before his injury.

Disagree. He has been solid for most of his CB appeareances all throughout. But they were peppered with LB appearances which ranged from decent to poor affecting peoples perception of his overall performance. Now he is being used mostly as CB and only LB against very weak opponents.

#notaflop

mark1nhu

Disagree. He has been solid for most of his CB appeareances all throughout. But they were peppered with LB appearances which ranged from decent to poor affecting peoples perception of his overall performance. Now he is being used mostly as CB and only LB against very weak opponents.

#notaflop

That's exactly what I think.

I don't remember a poor game from him as CB (only as LB).

xXKonan

That's exactly what I think.

I don't remember a poor game from him as CB (only as LB).
He did have his fair share of shaky performances in the past in the CB spot. mostly came down to uncertainty at times with the ball at his feet and when to clear it and he also doesn't perform well when he's used as a sub as it hurts his rhythm if the game is still close.

He's gotten better overtime tbh despite being 33, It's just a shame he can't stay fit as much anymore like he use to. despite those injuries and his age he's still has that pace. :lol:

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
This guys is something... I know some people don't like him that much, but I think he's the only reliable back up player we've had in the last two or three seasons...

Sure, he's had his up and downs, but overall he's done a good job at the club...

xXKonan

This guys is something... I know some people don't like him that much, but I think he's the only reliable back up player we've had in the last two or three seasons...

Sure, he's had his up and downs, but overall he's done a good job at the club...
Mathieu is a polarizing figure in the Barca fan base and it's really noticeable on twitter and even reddit. He won't get really much props from some folks even when he's having a great game but if he makes one minor mistake "Pfft why did we keep him and let Bartra go? Man he's really a shitty CB" etc.

For me at least he will always be remembered as a good reliable CB who helped contributed winning the treble and the double for us with his goals and solid performances.

Barcilliant

Mathieu is a polarizing figure in the Barca fan base and it's really noticeable on twitter and even reddit. He won't get really much props from some folks even when he's having a great game but if he makes one minor mistake "Pfft why did we keep him and let Bartra go? Man he's really a shitty CB" etc.

For me at least he will always be remembered as a good reliable CB who helped contributed winning the treble and the double for us with his goals and solid performances.

Lol. I've watched quite a few Dortmund games and despite regular game time Batra has looked suspect in all the games I've watched.

xXKonan

Honestly, if he had started his career at cb, Mathieue could have been one of the best in the world.
If I read Transfermarkt's detailed stats thing right he was 29 years old when they started playing Mathieu as a CB during the second half of the 2012/13 season when he was at Valencia.

Before that he was a LM/Winger/LB. How it took that long for him to be converted into a CB considering he had Pace/Strength/Height I would honestly never know.

BarçaBarça

Honestly, if he had started his career at cb, Mathieue could have been one of the best in the world.

Calm down, that is very speculative.. It is hard to judge if he would have been better than now, had he started at CB.
But he "made it" at Barca in a old age, and that amounts to something. He is good, and probably better than most Barca-fans gives him credit for.

Home of Barca Fans