Jeremy Mathieu

God Serena

I don't deny that Marlboro hasn't really been fantastic as LB.

That being said, he shouldn't been our only scapegoat for the goal Iniaki made today (which is my point from the previous post).

I wouldn't say he's the only scapegoat, but his deficiencies at the position are clear as day. Put a competent LB there and we'd be a much stronger side.

EdmondDantes

Monster second half. That tackle at full pace in the 86th minute was stunning. When he's deployed to do what he does best, which is defend, he always excels.

serghei

He was horrible. Only surpassed by Vermaelen. That LCB - LB partnership was eaten alive by the basques in the first half. Almost all of their chances came from there.

Our leftback situation is truly dire

It really is. The weakest position in the squad. We need to make signing a good LB a priority.

J

Jamie Cal

Our leftback situation is truly dire

Meh, I wouldn't go that far. There might be a game here or there where things aren't ideal, but we have one of the best 3 leftbacks in the world for the majority of our games and Mathieu for the others, and I thought he was pretty decent (good even) tonight.

Edit: that said, we should be looking for a good young leftback come summer for the long term.

KyletheMuslim

Guardiolista
Meh, I wouldn't go that far. There might be a game here or there where things aren't ideal, but we have one of the best 3 leftbacks in the world for the majority of our games and Mathieu for the others, and I thought he was pretty decent (good even) tonight.

Edit: that said, we should be looking for a good young leftback come summer for the long term.

grimaldo and Adriano say hi

J

Jamie Cal

grimaldo and Adriano say hi

Yeah, I know. :( Grimaldo would have been perfect (though I don't think throwing him out there tonight would'a done him favors), we really messed that one up.

Anyway, that's all done and it's best to focus on what's next. Again, for most games we'll have Alba, and for most lesser games we'll be fine with Mathieu.

God Serena

Yeah, I know. :( Grimaldo would have been perfect (though I don't think throwing him out there tonight would'a done him favors), we really messed that one up.

Anyway, that's all done and it's best to focus on what's next. Again, for most games we'll have Alba, and for most lesser games we'll be fine with Mathieu.

If Deportivo is any indicator, no we won't.

J

Jamie Cal

If Deportivo is any indicator, no we won't.

Hence "most games". But he played a pretty good game tonight against a good side.

And to be fair, the whole team switched off against Depor that night. We had indicators of what they could do all through the half before Jeremy came on and still didn't take them serious.

And even with that all said, that's the only really bad result we've had, Valencia and Espanyol draws certainly weren't. You will ALWAYS have a result like that a season.

Home of Barca Fans