Jean Michaël Seri

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Sport says according to L'Equipe Nice said the 40m "release clause" expired on July 15th and they now want more than 40m and the transfer could be more difficult.

gr98

Sport says according to L'Equipe Nice said the 40m "release clause" expired on July 15th and they now want more than 40m and the transfer could be more difficult.

Cadena SER reported earlier that representatives from Nice informed them that the verbal agreement has not expired.

gr98

"ATTENTION: Nice sources confirm to @La_SER that the Seri clause has NOT expired. It is still 40M €."
[tw]899575917240098816[/tw]

BBZ8800

Mundo deportivo also reported today that a 40m clause has not expired (I have posted it earlier).

It seems that they are discussing something else (a payment over a few years etc)

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
There is no release or buyout clause in France. Even if he has one, it cannot be enforced as it's legally not allowed in France.

So Nice can still reject to sell him, just like Liverpool did when Arsenal activated Suarez's release clause in 2013.

But they won't be dickheads and will allow him to leave if someone pays 40m for him.

draconifire

Why is there a clause as everybody reporting. French league legally doesn't have a clause. If someone has a verbal agreement, then a expire date on it doesn't make any sense nor you can do cause it needs to be in writing.
I'm kinda confused now. Am I stupid or the journos are?

CatalinR10

Seri's representatives are in Barcelona today to finalise the deal with the club. Negotiations are underway #fcblive [rac1]

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
It seems that we always try to negotiate the player first before we negotiate with the selling club. Not nice and not effective.

dillinja

Nice's clauses are not verbal agreements. They are not included in the contract as it's illegal but are signed at a notary. I dont think that's very legal per french league legislation, but the league has not said anything yet and Nice president has been very vocal in pushing for those clauses to be allowed.

Since people have been wondering about the clause, I am quoting myself explaining Nice's clauses. They have no legal value but the fact that they are done at a notary leave a trace that a verbal agreement would not. I read l'equipe on paper and I visit their website several times a day and they have not mentioned any expiration of said clause. Also, given how Riviere wants to make those clauses legal in France, I'd doubt he'd put an expiration date on one of them because it would make his rhetoric moot. I'd think, if a date was involved, that it would be a renegotiation date since a player's value can vastly fluctuate with time and performances.

dillinja

It seems that we always try to negotiate the player first before we negotiate with the selling club. Not nice and not effective.

Yes it is very weird and ineffective indeed. All news point to the fact that an agreement with the player is close, but that isnt the main problem. Nice keeps saying so far that we have not even contacted them yet.

Why the hell are the french media talking about release clauses and expiry dates when release clauses are illegal in france? Are they stupid or something?

It's clearly a verbal agreement.

Also Fartomeu strikes again :lol:

Home of Barca Fans