Jean Michaël Seri

kilian

Maybe the idiots thought they will get Coutinho and didn`t have enough money for Seri or didn`t want midfield to be too crowded. Whatever the reason, making the deal with the club and the player and then backing off is just pure idiocy.

El Flaco

[tw]904422053608022016[/tw]

[tw]904422569243066369[/tw]

[tw]904422768808038400[/tw]

[tw]904416809151062017[/tw]

https://streamable.com/wl1aa

The full translation (found it on reddit) from video above

For Mika, things are extremely simple. First Mika, it’s a boy we appreciate a lot in the club, he has a great mindset, he is a very good player and he has one dream, to go to Barça.

Here, things are very simple. On Sunday, before the game against Napoli, on Tuesday night, Julien Fournier calls me and tell me « Jean-Pierre, I've just got Mika’s agent on the phone. Barça is coming for Seri ». We didn’t plan for them to arrive like that at the end of the mercato, he tells me tomorrow Barça’s president will call you.

On Monday afternoon, I have a call from the president of Barça who tells me, we are on one of your players. Julien Fournier and some of his collaborators meet on Tuesday afternoon before the game. At the end of the negotiation, they know that there is a release clause, we will respect the clause, we agree on the price, forty millions. They plan to meet again on Thursday, because they were in Monaco for the (CL’s) draw to finalize the documents. During Napoli’s game on tuesday night, I go to the locker room, I go to Mika and I tap his shoulder. He knows what that means.

On Wednesday morning, Julien Fournier calls me early, at 9, he tells me « Jean-Pierre, I don’t understand, I just got a call from Barça they tell me they will not buy Mika. » I call Bartomeu, he doesn’t answer to me right away, he doesn’t answer me, two calls, he doesn’t answer and I get a phone call from Mika in between. He tells me « President, if I don’t go to Barça, I will consider Julien Fournier as responsible. » I tell him, no it’s not Julien Fournier, it’s him and me, we are one on this case. I tell him « Mika, we are not here to block you, it is a huge transfer for us so it’s not a financial problem. There is a problem, I don’t know which one, I will get some information and as soon as I know, I call you back.

The afternoon, I have Bartomeu who calls a bit embarrassed, he tells me « Jean-Pierre, it’s the first time that it happens to us. Our technical staff decided not to buy Seri. It’s absolutely not a problem of money ». On Thursday morning, it’s confirmed, definitive, they won’t buy Seri. And there everything goes to shit, they screwed up one of my player, because he had a contract ready, apparently they were seeing each other for ten days. Putting myself in the shoes of Mika, it’s his dream to go to Barça, he has a great contract, and then the next day it collapses. His entourage might not have helped him, he has not foreseen all of this, I can understand his state of mind.

I'm hurting for Seri right now, how could they get his hopes up like that? There better be a good explanation for this

"Our technical staff decided not to buy Seri"

who is this technical staff? I'll be looking into their reasoning within the next few weeks. I remember we were trying to sign Inigo Martinez from Real Sociedad, and then we decided against it so we could instead get Yerri Mina in January, so I thought that was a good choice.

I'm looking forward to their reasoning for this, AND IT BETTER BE GOOD!

Porque

The club had no money. Seri cancelled because Dembele fee rose. Inigo cancelled because the board preferred to get their personal deal with Paulinho.

Don Andrésº8

to me its clear what happened, they saw napoli game and decide to not buy a player basis in one game...lol which club does this, i dont understand, u sign a player after like what 10 games of study

SeaDragon

No fucking way Valverde said no after watching one game, this guy has been on the bussiness for years now, he will never do this kind of thing. It was Segura+Robert.

Givenchy

No fucking way Valverde said no after watching one game, this guy has been on the bussiness for years now, he will never do this kind of thing. It was Segura+Robert.

don't be suprised if they throw Valverde under the bus to save face. it really is disgusting, im sick of complaining about the board now but damn its new fuckery every day.

xXKonan

Valverde isn't someone you expect to lash out or be aggressive to the media like Lucho is.

But it doesn't mean he's a yes man like some folks think he is. He may look like a man who is soft spoken and dull at times but in reality he really isn't. Look at his comments during the transfer window when he said he needed a complete squad.

It's too easy for Sport and MD to publish articles trying to put the blame on him to try and absolve the real culprits in Robert,Segura the rest of The Board. I'm convinced Robert,Segura and The Board were trying to forge the squad into their own individual tastes and instead of what Valverde wanted the most.

Hell Cat Radio reported a couple of days ago that the Communication between Robert and Segura was such a mess that it effected the way we handled this window. Semedo and Dembele looked like Robert signings heck I'd argue even Seri was suppose to as well.

Paulinho though? despite Robert's comments it screams Segura. and Coutinho? this screams Board signing. He's not exactly young but not old but very talented and a very marketable player that can improve this team if we did buy him.

I think we dropped Seri because the Board wanted to use the money we could spend on him in trying to bid higher for Coutinho. obviously it never worked and apparently we never did make that final bid. so many things went wrong behind the scenes and defending the Paulinho signing over Seri seems like them trying to make it appear nothing is wrong behind the scenes.

Like I said it's just to simple to pin all the blame on Valverde when it's much more complicated than that.

Home of Barca Fans