Javier Tebas (LFP President)

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
He says we should some sell key players. How nice of him.

"Barcelona will emerge from the situation it’s in. They have two or three top-level players they can sell. By selling them, they can solve a large part of the problem. This can generate income that doesn’t accrue debt interest, allowing them to pay players.”

Porque

He says we should some sell key players. How nice of him.

"Barcelona will emerge from the situation it’s in. They have two or three top-level players they can sell. By selling them, they can solve a large part of the problem. This can generate income that doesn’t accrue debt interest, allowing them to pay players.”

What a scrotum. Suggesting we can't pay our players.

Xtroverto

What a scrotum. Suggesting we can't pay our players.
He is right though. Laporta and the board has been playing the game of kicking the can down the road for a while now. Until the new stadium is opened, income is limited, there are no more levers to pull and without sporting success there is little room for raising the revenue.

I' don´t want the club to sell any players but I also don´t want the club to be in breach of FFP. If some club offer crazy money for Lamine or Gavi, it is better to take the money and pay off the debt and rebuild the team later than to run the club into the ground and come crawling for mercy when the credit vampires come knocking on the door.

jamrock

He is right though. Laporta and the board has been playing the game of kicking the can down the road for a while now. Until the new stadium is opened, income is limited, there are no more levers to pull and without sporting success there is little room for raising the revenue.

I' don´t want the club to sell any players but I also don´t want the club to be in breach of FFP. If some club offer crazy money for Lamine or Gavi, it is better to take the money and pay off the debt and rebuild the team later than to run the club into the ground and come crawling for mercy when the credit vampires come knocking on the door.
Nothing to do with what porque said and what tebas insinuated, which is that we can't pay our players.

Xtroverto

Nothing to do with what porque said and what tebas insinuated, which is that we can't pay our players.
Yes because we will be i breach FFP, it doesn´t matter if players wages are paid when the club risk point deductions and relegation in the long run. The only reason we have avoided it so far is because of the levers.

khaled_a_d

Yes because we will be i breach FFP, it doesn´t matter if players wages are paid when the club risk point deductions and relegation in the long run. The only reason we have avoided it so far is because of the levers.

To my knowledge Liga has no point deduction or relegation penalty.
Their penalty is financial, you decrease sslary cap every year. We had a 100M negative salary cal when we pulled the levers and we had absolutely no threat of losing points.

Porque

The idea of selling players to balance books is an obvious one.

But on the other hand our salary cap for next season is mooted to be lower than the total cost Mbappe to Madrid for one year. Let that nonsense sink in.

In real business terms, you don't sell the asset given income returns are coming back big when we return to Camp Nou, new sponsorships and sponsors come in etc.

So we just need to bridge until then. Sell players for sure whose contracts are up in 2026 and not renewing, or those not integral to our team sure. But selling key players and having to factor in the cost of replacement, while losing competitiveness (and this prize money and tv rights in Europe) is going down a slippery slope.

Morten

Doesn't basically all the smaller teams want to keep him president?

No goal-line tech is honestly, absolutely laughable at this point, but most of the league wants to keep this guy, so...

Home of Barca Fans