Javier Tebas (LFP President)

ajnotkeith

Weird choice imo. The red was as red as a card could get. Seems like they're overcompensating. They should just hand the other Valencia players who got physical one as well.
The correct decision would be to also give a red card to Hugo Duro but this all is setting a dangerous precedent that the committee can change on field decisions made by referees.
There are many unjust expulsions and non-expulsions happening every single gameweek and nobody is getting even an apology from the arbitration collective let alone decisions being reversed by the committee after the fact. If they can do this, why has it not been done in obvious cases of injustice before?

Imagine they just wanted to show the world they are listening and doing something due to PR backlash.

Horatio

You're welcome
Btw what I also would like to see addressed is that Ancelotti said he told the ref he would take Vinicius off because of the racist chants and the ref pleaded him to let him stay on.

Dafuq?

edit: also reading his report contains no mentions of racist chants. Seems a bit incapable. Should suspend him for a while.

Morten

Vinicius card being cancelled isn't the right way, but since Valencia player got nothing then i guess this is fair.

Horatio

You're welcome
Also reading the decision to fire the VAR referees involved here was already made a while before. So let's not get confused and think La Liga fired them as a response to this.

Horatio

You're welcome
Second time Madrid players comes off unscathed punching a player this season.

Sorry had to do it. I am oot.

Andresito

Staff member
Read the lack of racist chants in the ref report were due to a 'computing error' lol.

RFEF have sanctioned Valencia 45k and also the Mario Kempes stand in Mestalla will be closed for 5 games.

The cancellation of Vini's card is weird indeed. I'd be angrier had the league not been decided, but also think they wouldn't have touched it if there still would be a title race.

Horatio

You're welcome
Not to come across as insensitive but what is the original song to the melody they chant in?

I forgot.

Morten

But why not let the card stand and go after at least Hugo Duro?

That would be the best decision, so naturally they didn't do it.

Though, its not exactly new, for some reason they reverse cards more often than they give players cards after match, or at least so it seems.

If they can do the former, i dont see the problem doing the latter.

Horatio

You're welcome
Tbf Valverde can't be compared to this situation. As far as la liga and all parties involved no altercations ever happened. Villareal or the player Valverde punched decided not to press charges. No visual proof released. So what is La Liga supposed to do?

Espanyol should possibly be reprimanded for what they did yeah.

Also, Vini has been facing racism for a long string of away games now. The first few times not much fuzz was stirred either irc.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans