Javier Hernandez (Chicharito)

O

OhYeahReally

In the World Cup, Forlan scored five goals, Villa scored five goals, and Higuain scored four goals. All three play in La Liga.
Drogba scored one goal, Rooney scored none, Torres scored none. All three play in EPL.

Okay...

Forlan is one of the biggest Premier League flops in history though and don't tell me you are bringing the world cup into it to TRY and prove your point :lol: it was the biggest joke of a world cup EVER. Messi the *cough* greatest player in the history of the game was the biggest flop of all and Ronaldo a close 2nd, still didn't stop him winning the ballon d (being Fifa's love child and all) :rolleyes: everyone knows Xavi or Sneijder should have won that award.

how many goals did ronaldo score when he was with man u again? yeah what a joke league :rolleyes:

anyway, don't start this league debate again lol

He had to do something pretty damn special to even be recognised by Fifa though. Still this is why Ronaldo comes out top over Messi (proved it in 2 leagues), Messi is hardly a big game player is he, the guy can't even travel outside Spain, on a European night when he has to leave Spain he's like Mr T going 'i aint getting on no plane fool' Pep having to swap his growth hormone pills for sleeping pills :lol: he'd never be the same player Spain see in the Premier League anyway probably not even in SerieA.

You only have to look at his performance for Argentina to see what kind of player he is without a Barcelona shirt, people in his own country want him dropped from the team, says it all :/

Last edited:

Moe

powered by;
Forlan is one of the biggest Premier League flops in history though and don't tell me you are bringing the world cup into it to TRY and prove your point :lol: it was the biggest joke of a world cup EVER.
facepalm.jpg

Messi the *cough* greatest player in the history of the game was the biggest flop of all and Ronaldo a close 2nd, still didn't stop him winning the ballon d (being Fifa's love child and all) :rolleyes: everyone knows Xavi or Sneijder should have won that award.
3501870909_af430c4c5d.jpg

He had to do something pretty damn special to even be recognised by Fifa though. Still this is why Ronaldo comes out top over Messi (proved it in 2 leagues), Messi is hardly a big game player is he, the guy can't even travel outside Spain, on a European night when he has to leave Spain he's like Mr T going 'i aint getting on no plane fool' Pep having to swap his growth hormone pills for sleeping pills :lol: he'd never be the same player Spain see in the Premier League anyway probably not even in SerieA.

You only have to look at his performance for Argentina to see what kind of player he is without a Barcelona shirt, people in his own country want him dropped from the team, says it all :/
Blank_Facepalm_You_are_now_aware-s387x259-68260-475.gif

.. and I mean each and every one of them.

Last edited:

10Rivaldo

Hoy, mañana y siempre traductor
Forlan is one of the biggest Premier League flops in history though and don't tell me you are bringing the world cup into it to TRY and prove your point :lol: it was the biggest joke of a world cup EVER.

You put a 22 year old in a completely new country and environment and put him on the bench the whole time and that's what you get. It's not his fault that he had Ruud van Nistelrooy playing ahead of him and once he got out of the shit hole that is Manchester he proved his greatness everywhere else, including the Champions League. Premier League isn't the benchmark of how great a player is, despite what you believe. The biggest stage in football in Champions League, and he proved it there.

Messi the *cough* greatest player in the history of the game was the biggest flop of all and Ronaldo a close 2nd, still didn't stop him winning the ballon d (being Fifa's love child and all) :rolleyes: everyone knows Xavi or Sneijder should have won that award.

First off, Messi did not flop. I guess you're one of those people that get easily influenced by the media, but scoring is only a small part of Messi's game and Messi was one of the best players in the tournament despite not scoring. And how did Messi not deserve the Ballon D'or? The tradition of a World Cup winner winning it on a World Cup year was stupid anyway, the award is supposed to be for the best player of the year, not the player that won the most that year. Tell me how 47 goals and 11 assists in 53 games and being top scorer in CL makes him not worthy of winning the Ballon D'or?

He had to do something pretty damn special to even be recognised by Fifa though.

Michael Owen. 2001. The most undeserved Ballon D'or ever, to an Englishman. Your point is moot.

Still this is why Ronaldo comes out top over Messi (proved it in 2 leagues), Messi is hardly a big game player is he, the guy can't even travel outside Spain, on a European night when he has to leave Spain he's like Mr T going 'i aint getting on no plane fool' Pep having to swap his growth hormone pills for sleeping pills :lol: he'd never be the same player Spain see in the Premier League anyway probably not even in SerieA.

At Old Trafford, by the way.

I have never heard an Argentine say that, an intelligent one at least. Compare Argentina when Messi is playing and when Messi isn't playing and you'll see why. Just watch Argentina vs Spain (7 September 2010) and compare that with Argentina vs Costa Rica (29 March 2011)

O

OhYeahReally

You put a 22 year old in a completely new country and environment and put him on the bench the whole time and that's what you get. It's not his fault that he had Ruud van Nistelrooy playing ahead of him and once he got out of the shit hole that is Manchester he proved his greatness everywhere else, including the Champions League. Premier League isn't the benchmark of how great a player is, despite what you believe. The biggest stage in football in Champions League, and he proved it there.

Or maybe he’s just proving it in a league where it’s easy to score, a league where I could probably get in double figures. La Liga is a league for all Premier League rejects (Forlan/Lass/Reyes etc), players who failed to make the grade (Rossi/Pique etc) and it’s retirement home (Beckham/Henry/Pires/Henzie who wanted to move to Liverpool), i can go on all day tbh with players, infact Ronaldo is the only player La Liga have ever got off the Premier League where his best years are infront, not the same the other way round though is it? Even Non-Champions League Man Shitty have nicked players of Barcelona and Madrid, even loaning the mighty Madrid a bench warmer this season Adebayor :lol: then we have players like Fabregas/Torres etc.

First off, Messi did not flop. I guess you're one of those people that get easily influenced by the media, but scoring is only a small part of Messi's game and Messi was one of the best players in the tournament despite not scoring. And how did Messi not deserve the Ballon D'or? The tradition of a World Cup winner winning it on a World Cup year was stupid anyway, the award is supposed to be for the best player of the year, not the player that won the most that year. Tell me how 47 goals and 11 assists in 53 games and being top scorer in CL makes him not worthy of winning the Ballon D'or?

I’m not influenced by noone, I see things with my own eyeballs and what my own eyeballs shown me was a player who people called the best in the world having more shots out of any player at the stage Argentina went out and finishing on 0 goals and 0 assists in 7 games (well 1 assist which shouldn’t have even counted) all = the flop and the biggest one of all. I knew what was going to happen before it even started though, wasn’t hard to predict really when he hadn’t scored for his country in 2 years, finally scored a few months ago though against… (yep you guessed right) SPAIN :messi:

Michael Owen. 2001. The most undeserved Ballon D'or ever, to an Englishman. Your point is moot.

Ah, English hater i see :cool: Jock by any chance or any other of the nearby hater countrys (Wales, Ireland)? No that was Messi last season, Owen won the European award though, no Premier League player has won WPOTY, you know FIFA’s award – Never will since Fifa’s and Uefa’s is just 1 award now.

To see the anti you only have to see in 08 when 3 English clubs was in the semi-final and 2 in the final, half of the top 10 list was Spanish folk, yet when 3 English clubs reached the semi’s again in 09, 1 in the final nearly all the top 10 was all the Barcelona team when United did a treble that season and only had 1 player in the top 10 in the end, Rooney (Ronaldo left) corruption and Premier League hate? *nods* I think so, lucky everyone knows how it really is, Premier League teams prove it on the pitch where it matters just as English teams are doing as usual in Champions League this season.

At Old Trafford, by the way.

Youtube :lol:
2 mins while a find a video to make Obertan look the next Zidane – Messi has never scored on English soil (in about 16 attempts), never even scored on Italian soil (the other top league), Youtube that one up.

I have never heard an Argentine say that, an intelligent one at least. Compare Argentina when Messi is playing and when Messi isn't playing and you'll see why. Just watch Argentina vs Spain (7 September 2010) and compare that with Argentina vs Costa Rica (29 March 2011)

I don’t suppose you would have since chances are you don’t know any people from Argentina or speak Language, i read though and polls have been made which came out 90% of the country wanted him dropped when asked this time last year, he's also been boo'd when playing for his country, what does this tell you? Tells me the guy can only play in 1 country and for 1 team and is infact OVERATED and probably the most overrated footballer in the world right now, it’s an insult to Maradonna when he even gets compared to him, the only way you can mention Messi and Maradona in the same breath is when you call him a poor man’s Maradonna.

Last edited:

10Rivaldo

Hoy, mañana y siempre traductor
Or maybe he’s just proving it in a league where it’s easy to score, a league where I could probably get in double figures.

Did not realize Champions League was a joke league.

La Liga is a league for all Premier League rejects (Forlan/Lass/Reyes etc), players who failed to make the grade (Rossi/Pique etc) and it’s retirement home (Beckham/Henry/Pires/Henzie who wanted to move to Liverpool), i can go on all day tbh with players, infact Ronaldo is the only player La Liga have ever got off the Premier League where his best years are infront, not the same the other way round though can it? Even Non-Champions League Man Shitty have nicked players of Barcelona and Madrid, even loaning the mighty Madrid a bench warmer this season Adebayor :lol: then we have players like Fabregas/Torres etc.

Manuel Almunia, Mikel Arteta, Carlos Cuellar, and Luis Garcia just off the top of my head, are players that couldn't make it at La Liga but play(ed) for and start(ed) for the mighty EPL clubs. Gaizka Mendieta, Fernando Hierro, Fernando Morientes, and Michel Salgado, off the top of my head, all went to EPL to retire. Works both ways.

I’m not influenced by noone, I see things with my own eyeballs and what my own eyeballs shown me was a player who people called the best in the world having more shots out of any player at the stage Argentina went out and finishing on 0 goals and 0 assists in 7 games (well 1 assist which shouldn’t have even counted) all = the biggest flop and the biggest one of all. I knew what was going to happen before it even started though, wasn’t hard to predict really when he hadn’t scored for his country in 2 years, finally scored a few months ago though against… (yep you guessed right) SPAIN :messi:

And that is why he was one of the 10 players shortlisted for Golden Ball award.

Ah, English hater i see :cool: Jock by any chance or any other of the nearby hater countrys (Wales, Ireland)? No that was Messi last season, Owen won the European award though, no Premier League player has won WPOTY, you know FIFA’s award – Never will since Fifa’s and Uefa’s is just 1 award now.

No I'm not from the British Isles, and I don't hate England. Not sure where you got that from.

To see the anti you only have to see in 08 when 3 English clubs was in the semi-final and 2 in the final, half of the top 10 list was Spanish folk, yet when 3 English clubs reached the semi’s again in 09, 1 in the final nearly all the top 10 was all the Barcelona team when United did a treble that season and only had 1 player in the top 10 in the end, Rooney (Ronaldo left) corruption and Premier League hate? *nods* I think so, lucky everyone knows how it really is, Premier League teams prove it on the pitch where it matters just as English teams are doing as usual in Champions League this season.

In 2009, 30 players were shortlisted for Ballon D'or. 10 played in La Liga and 11 in EPL. 23 players were shortlisted for FIFA World Player of the Year Award with 9 players from La Liga and 9 from EPL.

Youtube :lol:
2 mins while a find a video to make Obertan look the next Zidane – Messi has never scored on English soil (in about 16 attempts), never even scored on Italian soil (the other top league), Youtube that one up.

He received a higher rating than any Barcelona player and higher rating than any Manchester United player apart from Ferdinand and Scholes.

I don’t suppose you would have since chances are you don’t know any people from Argentinia or speak Language, i read though and polls have been made which came out 90% of the country wanted him dropped when asked this time last year, he;s alkso been boo'd when playing for his country, what does this tell you? Tells me the guy can only play in 1 country and for 1 team and is infact OVERATED and probably the most overrated footballer in the world right now, it’s an insult to Maradonna when he even gets compared to him, the only way you can mention Messi and Maradona in the same breath is when you call him a poor man’s Maradonna.

All your argument is based purely off assumptions. And now you're making things up too. When was Messi booed? All I remember is Argentina getting booed because Messi wasn't playing.

Snake

This thread is off topic :/

Anyways... I agree that it would be very hard for a player like Javier win the Ballon d'or. It's not impossible but the chances are very narrow. Hugo Sanchez for example never won it, yet he won 5 Pichichis from 1985 to 1990, 4 of them in a row. He set a record of 38 goals in one La Liga season that hasn't been broken yet, not even by Romario or Ronaldo.

The Ballon d'Or is usually won by very technically gifted midfielders who can usually score goals and create chances for others. But if you're the best at what you do, whether it's defending, keeping or scoring, I don't see why you shouldn't win it.

FCB_M3

I can't feel ma face!
Yup, to be honest it seems pretty hard for him, but don't get me
Wrong, me out of all people who supports Mexican players would love to see it.. It be awesome,
First Mexican player to pull that off :)

One and Only

shake and bake!
Yup, to be honest it seems pretty hard for him, but don't get me
Wrong, me out of all people who supports Mexican players would love to see it.. It be awesome,
First Mexican player to pull that off :)

yup totally agree would love to see him pull it off....ill give him a few yrs to develop then we'll see...itll be awesome for a mexican to win it.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
Finally there's a quality player playing in England and they immediately start calling him the 'best player in the world' It's no surprise really though, they have 'best player in the world's for eternity now, the likes of Lampard, Gerrard, Rooney, Walcott, Bale, etc have all been that at least once in their lives!!

I really pity the likes of Hernandez, Modric, Jack-The Ripper, etc playing in England

P

PhilS

Full name: Javier Hernández Balcázar
Date of birth: 1 June 1988 (age 22)
Place of birth: Guadalajara, Mexico
Playing position: Forward

Had good pre season start with Man U. Do you think he is a player who can make a difference in Manchester United as well as Premier League this season?

If he was from Brazil, everyone would use the name that is printed on his jersey. Since his jersey says Chicharito, everyone should refer to him by that name.

He makes quite a difference for both Los Tricoleres and for Man U. I don't know if any forward moves better without the ball than he does. And he does just fine after the pass comes to him.

O

OhYeahReally

Finally there's a quality player playing in England and they immediately start calling him the 'best player in the world' It's no surprise really though, they have 'best player in the world's for eternity now, the likes of Lampard, Gerrard, Rooney, Walcott, Bale, etc have all been that at least once in their lives!!

I really pity the likes of Hernandez, Modric, Jack-The Ripper, etc playing in England

Noone's saying he's the best in the world, what i said is he could be the best in the world, just as a lot of Premier League based players could be one day and what do you mean FINALLY there's a quality player in the Premier League? :tea: Doesn't English teams prove it every season that they have the best players in the world in the Champions League? As i said before leave shitty corrupt politics and the ballon d'ors to the FIFA and UEFA, we don't need that shit, the Premier League prove it on the pitch where it matters. You only have to look again this season Premier league teams having to face each other and knock each other out because noone else can do it, Premier Legaue shows it's stength week in week out because you have the likes of Gerrard/Suraez/Tevez/Balotteli/David Silva/Yaya Toure etc playing in the league without playing Champions League football and the Blackburns trying to sign the Ronaldihno's of the world and the likes of Aston Villa signing players for £20+ million, this is why the Premier League is the best unlike Messi making a name for himself playing fishing villages/islands and seaside resorts every week :lol:

As for the other English club going out i remind you Barcelona only went through because Arsenal went down to 10 men (Barcelona in beating English club via 12th man shocker :rolleyes:), infact i say 10 men, more like 13 vs 9 with sniggering 'boy from Barcelona' :rolleyes: Cesc backhealing to Messi

ru5paa.png

Before that happened with 30mins left Arsenal was winning, the false pretender Barcelona will get what's coming to them soon enough though in the final via the god of gods and the world's greatest club UNITED :worthy: United greatest club in history once we reach 3 finals in 4 *nods* :smartass: and i won't be happy unless it's controversial as possible, i'm talking Gary Neville wacking a Beach ball

garynevilleballoon.gif

Rooney scoring and shouting a few f-u's the camera afterwards :attachment:

Last edited:

Footiefan

Individual awards are so overrated and usually won by flair players/attackers. When was the last time GK won the award?

Anyways it is way off topic.

Hernandez is a very good poacher and his movement off the ball is so good, it makes mid fielders job very easy to spot him. Looks like he will score 20 goals in his debut season.

gingerless

Forlan is one of the biggest Premier League flops in history though and don't tell me you are bringing the world cup into it to TRY and prove your point :lol: it was the biggest joke of a world cup EVER. Messi the *cough* greatest player in the history of the game was the biggest flop of all and Ronaldo a close 2nd, still didn't stop him winning the ballon d (being Fifa's love child and all) :rolleyes: everyone knows Xavi or Sneijder should have won that award.

this is gold standard material right here folks, wow!

Home of Barca Fans