Jasper Cillessen

God Serena

If we sell him to Benfica there's a chance we might be able to get Grimaldo back. The board apparently wants competition for Alba and he's probably the only one who could challenge for that spot right now.

El Barcelona

If we sell him to Benfica there's a chance we might be able to get Grimaldo back. The board apparently wants competition for Alba and he's probably the only one who could challenge for that spot right now.
Was thinking the same. I read that Benfica would talk when someone offers 30mil for Grimaldo, the same figure that barca wants for Cillessen.

Edit: seems that Jasper to Benfica is a done deal.

Last edited:

MTL_Barca

Good club for him and i'd say 25M isn't a bad deal at all. He is Barcas 2nd keeper after all, clubs won't wait in a line to pay that much more.

He was really good whenever he was needed, so whoever will replace him will probably be a weaker backup but it's understandable he wants to be a regular starter again.

khaled_a_d

25M is great deal.
Don't want Grimaldo at all tbh, he neither has the potential to be Barca starting LB, and won't come up cheaply for a back up LB

Donatello

Cilessen to Benfica is a good deal.

Improves our relationship with Benfica, who have a lot of talent coming up.

Especially Felix and Grimaldo, who are pretty decent option for Barca for future.

I also think Cilessen will persuade the players to move to Barca, just like he did with De Jong and De ligt.

Last edited:

xXKonan

Still surprises me how Benfica are willing to spend 25 Million on a Goalkeeper in general.

Like the other Portuguese clubs, they make a good profit on selling players but aren't usually in a position to be spending large amounts of money on a single player.

khaled_a_d

Still surprises me how Benfica are willing to spend 25 Million on a Goalkeeper in general.

Like the other Portuguese clubs, they make a good profit on selling players but aren't usually in a position to be spending large amounts of money on a single player.

Will be most expensive 30+ GK if he was sold for that price. So yeah weird to happen from a team in Portugal.

Home of Barca Fans