Jasper Cillessen

Leo_Messi

[tw]1090728282440585217[/tw]

What a time to save his first penalty

He could not have timed that any better! What a performance tonight, notwithstanding the bad pass that lead to Arana's goal. You could not wish for a better reserve goalkeeper really. Sadly, I am quite sure that he will call it a day this summer and move on. He deserves continuous playing time but I will be grateful for his service the day he leaves.

I remember being very harsh on him after his debut game against Aláves at the Camp Nou (September 2016) where he made that mistake and we ended up losing 1-2. Fair to say that he has never looked back since!

Seems like a great and well-liked person in the dressing room as well.

Porque

We are so lucky to have such an incredible backup goalkeeper. He really deserves to be starter in a top 20 Euro team, but hopefully he sticks around another season.

Roma really missed the train going for Olsen instead of Cillessen.

who the hell said anything about giving him ter stegens minutes in the league or UCL?

Clearly there is nothing in between 90/10 and 50/50.

xXKonan

I really want to keep him but I wouldn't hold it against him if he leaves at the end of the season because he's way too good to be second choice as he can easily be a starter elsewhere.

EdmondDantes

Wonderful keeper, wonderful professional as well.

That celebration after he saved the penalty was a big 'FUCK YOU!' to a certain Mr. Van Gaal for not allowing him a chance to defend that penalty shootout at the 2014 World Cup.

One bad mistake but those two saves in the first half kept us in the cup.

P.s. Arsenal should be all over this guy in the summer.

Messi983

who the hell said anything about giving him ter stegens minutes in the league or UCL?

Clearly there is nothing in between 90/10 and 50/50.

If there is one position where the roles should be clear and there shouldn't be any "rotations" it's a GK spot.

Unless you have two average/bad GKs and are trying out who would do better but that's not the case with us. We are blessed to have two great GKs. I agree that Jasper deserves to play more but at the same time it's also clear that MATS is a superior player and he should play in the most important competitions (La Liga, CL).

Home of Barca Fans