Jasper Cillessen

raki

The circumstances for selling Hart compared to Bravo are not the same. Hart is going to an English club and as an English player he has incredible value due to some weird homegrown player rule I admittedly am not completely familiar with. Bravo on the other hand is older and outside of the lens of a biased Barca fan isn't as accomplished as Hart on a club level.

And the entire point of Bravo leaving is to weaken the squad. Weakening the squad, in this case, actually makes it stronger, by allowing us to have one keeper for both major competitions who will always be fresh. We were never going to get back the WC duo we had and that's pretty damn good, if you ask me.

You are completely wrong. Having Bravo and Stegen gave us safety.

God Serena

You are completely wrong. Having Bravo and Stegen gave us safety.

Having one goalkeeper able to play both competitions at the height of his level is better than having one keeper playing our most important games without match rhythm while the other hogs the majority of the minutes whether he needs them or not.

Zincubus

Banned
Never watched alot of him.

Is he any good?

He must be if we are picking him over Alves.

I've only ever seen him for Holland and he's always looked pretty good to be honest . He's exeptional with the ball at his feet so that's important . I'm just wondering why the Dutch national team keeper is prepared to 'share' ( at best ) the keeper duties at Barca . You'd imagine he could get the main place at many other clubs .

Guaporta

Never watched alot of him.

Is he any good?

He must be if we are picking him over Alves.

Well, I discribed him on the first page of this thread (I've watched him play for the last years since I'm Dutch). I don't know if picking him over Alves was wise, since I think the Brazilian is the better goalkeeper. But Cillessen is better with his feet (ball distribution wise) and is a lot younger than Alves. We don't have to expect a world class goalkeeper, but since he's willing to accept a rol as back-up goalkeeper he's quite good. He's not as bad as everyone thinks he is. Not world class, but a decent back-up.

Trickykid

Well, I discribed him on the first page of this thread (I've watched him play for the last years since I'm Dutch). I don't know if picking him over Alves was wise, since I think the Brazilian is the better goalkeeper. But Cillessen is better with his feet (ball distribution wise) and is a lot younger than Alves. We don't have to expect a world class goalkeeper, but since he's willing to accept a rol as back-up goalkeeper he's quite good. He's not as bad as everyone thinks he is. Not world class, but a decent back-up.

On another note; what's going on with Ajax? Judging by their start to the season, they hardly look like contenders this season. Just bad luck, or is it worse than that?

gasgas

For all that is good
He's going to be a backup GK,
He's gonna play 3/4 games in the CDR per season vs Cordoba and the likes
Games i could even play Douglas as a starter

Why you guys wanna buy Neur for that :rolleyes:

Barca fans :rolleyes:

Why don't you believe that our team is now complete and ready to fight for three titles?

For all that is good
He's going to be a backup GK,
He's gonna play 3/4 games in the CDR per season vs Cordoba and the likes
Games i could even play Douglas as a starter

Why you guys wanna buy Neur for that :rolleyes:

Barca fans :rolleyes:

Why don't you believe that our team is now complete and ready to fight for three titles?

I thought our midfield was doomed and oh, why can't we defend like Italy..

Guaporta

On another note; what's going on with Ajax? Judging by their start to the season, they hardly look like contenders this season. Just bad luck, or is it worse than that?

Their new manager, Peter Bosz, wants to play more attacking football than they did under De Boer over the last few years. Higher pressing, higher tempo, etc. It's hard to play those tactics from the first moment on, it needs a few weeks of hard work to reach the level needed. Last night against Willem ll they were just lazy, they thought way too easy about this game and lost 1-2 in the ArenA. For now, let's call it a transition fase for the new coach. I reckon they will be contenders later on; most seasons they start pretty poorly, but will be one of the top teams in the end. Don't worry about it!

Trickykid

I thought our midfield was doomed and oh, why can't we defend like Italy..

Apparently the signing of Gomes, who's most probably going to be a fringe player for most of the season, changed the entire situation.

if we dont sign an elite midfielder we're doomed :cry:
All the terrible seasons we have had our midfield was always overrun, always
All the top teams have strong midfield starters and elite backups
Madrid,Bayern, Atleti

but for us we have
Older Iniesta who somehow puts up only 4 worldclass performances a season and everyone thinks it will be the same every single game afterwards like it was in the past.
Get over it, he will only get worse

Rakitic has been overworked for 2 seasons already. Expect Fatigue, lack of concentration and BTW he was never that creative anyway

Rafinha, Arda and Denis are not the right midfield backups
They are all wingers,#10, and CAMs
it is beyond me how you all think we have perfect backup for our CMs while none of them are CMs to start with
And even in their actual positions they are not elite either

MSN is older and more drained, they can't do it all themselves. they need an elite midfield to help them, what do they get? One year older, one year more tired, drained Iniesta and Rakitic with a Busquets who will end up even more tired playing more games since he doesnt have a single backup
yeah right
Not Samper even, kid is weak, soft and lightweight, can't defend, dont expect him to impose his will anytime sooner in our DM spot

So here it goes.
Our problem lies in MIDFIELD

We may not even need a MSN backup, coz Arda, Dennis, Rafinha are all good wingers,and any of MSN available can play CF
Neymar played there twice in his first season and he shined vs Celtic,Valladolid etc
Messi has played there for a number of seasons

it wont hurt playing them while resting Suarez

:lol:
As fickle as they come...

Trickykid

Their new manager, Peter Bosz, wants to play more attacking football than they did under De Boer over the last few years. Higher pressing, higher tempo, etc. It's hard to play those tactics from the first moment on, it needs a few weeks of hard work to reach the level needed. Last night against Willem ll they were just lazy, they thought way too easy about this game and lost 1-2 in the ArenA. For now, let's call it a transition fase for the new coach. I reckon they will be contenders later on; most seasons they start pretty poorly, but will be one of the top teams in the end. Don't worry about it!

Cheers man. Should be interesting to follow.

gasgas

[MENTION=9569]TornAndFrayed[/MENTION] [MENTION=8742]Trickykid[/MENTION]

Yeah i believe in Gomes, he has all it takes to start for us
It is a signing i love because he is a player for now and the future

And i dont think you buy fringe players for as much as we bought him with
He will be huge for us, right now he's being eased in just like Neymar was when he was new here

Home of Barca Fans