Jasper Cillessen

BBZ8800

Its worrying how badly Lucho wanted him and the fee is also way too much for a keeper whos supposed to be playing cdr only. Mart wants to play both league and cl so he will become unhappy and leave us after this season like Bravo. Gr8 business again.

Who said, except Barcaforum, that Cillessen will play only Cdr matches?
About Mats part and how he'll be unhappy, are we fans of Barca or fans of Mats? If Barca needs 2 good Gks=ok.
If Mats or anyone will be unhappy with a competition=feel free to go and cry somewhere else.

That's an expensive goalkeeper only to play Copa Del Rey.
I can't wait to see how Lucho will handle the situation but I got the feeling that he'll be used more than a usual 2nd GK.

I am also waiting to see how will Lucho handle this.
I don't believe that we bought a semi-young Dutch NT Gk to play 5 Cdr matches per season.

Some sort of rotation is probably coming...

hulinat

Lucho didn't want him badly. Supposedly both him and Unzue wanted Alves, but he rejected the move. Had to settle for Cilissen, there is no way in hell we will sell Bravo and not sign anyone.

its the exact opposite. we already had a personal agreement with Alves when the rumours about Bravo leaving started. Why would Alves reject us when he clearly wants to leave Valencia? Source?

Icarium

Lifestealer
its the exact opposite. we already had a personal agreement with Alves when the rumours about Bravo leaving started. Why would Alves reject us when he clearly wants to leave Valencia? Source?

Probably we didn't meet his salary demands or he wants a starting role. I remember it was one of those reported by some tabloid, will try to find it after work.

BBZ8800

It's just horrible to swap Bravo with Cillessen, that simple!

Bravo was my favorite also.

I would still play Bravo as our No1.
But if Bravo wanted to go, I would rather have 2 Gks, or some ego problems in the locker room than having to rely only on Mats and hoping he won't get injured or that he won't have mood swings in the middle of the season, and that we won't have a good 2nd option in that moment.

Not to mention a possibility that Mats will have a crazy run of bad form and that we don't have anyone except Masip.

So, yes: Bravo was the best, but if we turn that page, Cillessen doesn't look bad at all.
Especially since some hints suggest that Lucho still isn't 100% convinced by Mats...

BBZ8800

Probably we didn't meet his salary demands or he wants a starting role. I remember it was one of those reported by some tabloid, will try to find it after work.

Both, he wanted too high salary plus some guarantees about rotation/being a 1st pick.

And since we didn't want to get a raise to Bravo, why should we give a huge salary to Alves?

F

Flavia

Both, he wanted too high salary plus some guarantees about rotation/being a 1st pick.

And since we didn't want to get a raise to Bravo, why should we give a huge salary to Alves?

Bravo was offered a raise and an extension.

BBZ8800

A raise not as high as City offered (confirmed), plus (my guess) a raise not as high as Ter Stegen's.
His wage was among the lowest here, even though he was a No1 (for 2 years), right?

Icarium

Lifestealer

But we didn't guarantee the starting role like city did. Sucks but i don't think we could have prevented this, it is either him or Mats. I would have kept Bravo but now that he is sold i hope Mats lives up to his potential.

F

Flavia

A raise not as high as City offered (confirmed), plus (my guess) a raise not as high as Ter Stegen's.

No way to know that, it's just you guessing. We might have matched city's offer, but Bravo also didn't want to share minutes anymore. It wasn't just money, he wanted to be the undisputed starter.

hulinat

Well that makes no sense from Alves's point of view. Why would he want to be the 3rd keeper in valencia when he can be 2nd gk in barcelona earning the same wages hes currently on. Its obvious he wants to stay in spain and the only other team interested in him is atletico

Devils

Cannot believe that this guy is our first Dutch player we've signed in along time

Edit: Nevermind I forgot about Affelay lmao!

Welcome Jasper!

Devils

Yeah I just edited the post. I completely forgot about him, which isn't a hard thing to do I guess.

Home of Barca Fans